It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats Endorse ' Occupy Wall Street'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stan71
Yeah, I just saw this in CNN as well. Hopefully someone at OWS tells them to get lost. This is not a Republican or Democrat thing. It's a 99% thing and I would guess that a good percentage of Senators & Reps most likely fall into the 1% bracket.

Unfortunately, "OccupyWallStreet" has made a few mistakes. When they were celebrating about receiving union support, that is when the group was hijack by the Democrat Party.

"OccupyWallStreet" is now a Progressive Democrat movement, which is being slowly molded into a Obama re-election platform. 'Occupy Boston" (offshoot of 'OccupyWallStreet') mentioned on the evening news that they were protesting in support of Obama's jobs bill.

Its too late to stop the hijacking.

On another interesting note, "OccupyWallStreet" made a very-very serious and critical error. No, I will not mention the exact error, for I want the group to make the same mistake twice. After this particular error was made, "OccupyWallStreet" showed that they are not 100% united.

Its now a fractured group.

edit on 10/11/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hell Yea! Right behind you brother. Its nice to know there are still people with common sense. We need the help from every corner and all this bickering will be the downfall of ATS. I really hope people can put there differences aside and realize that they're not doing anything but dragging down the best shot we have TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM. You would expect most of ATS people to be happy and jump in excitement when this movement started, but apparently everyone has there own of idea about how the system should be changed. LOL. As if the perfect movement is suppose to show up and cater to everyone's needs? This is the best we got, so lets move with it an support one another.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by Screwed
This goes to further prove that ATS and Openmindedness are NOT synonymous.

It is so sad to see people who are so polarized and think that everything breaks down to black or white, left or right, rebublican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative!

That is pathetic and you know it.
This is the mentality that has held us back for thousands of years and yet people still fall into it EVERYTIME!!!
It works likke clockwork EVERY DAMN TIME!!!!

Don't you people see what you are doing?
Don't you see that you are being played?
I refuse to believe that anyone is THAT STUPID!!!
You have to be in denial because there is NOW WAY you people are THAT STUPID!!!

Being in denial is something that can be worked on and we can overcome but.......

Its true man

This thread has Tea Partiers on it now effectively defending the system they were protesting against.

No it doesn't. But nice try.

The Tea Party stands for what it has always stood for. Small, non intrusive government, lower taxes and in some cases preventing the feds from getting involved in matters that the states should decide.

No one is calling for "Protect the Feds", in regards this protest. And I don't know any Wall Street elite that belong to the Tea Party. They're calling for, "No I earned my money and I'm not going to have my money taken from me to spread the wealth around."

I am not a Wall Street banker nor a millionaire by any stretch of the imagination. But I see these people wanting to go protest at millionaires houses, and I just wonder how long it's gonna be before they show up at MY house because I may have a newer model higher end car in the driveway.

That's when we're gonna have problems.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
According to someone on the radio, well known corporations and banks have joined up with "OccupyWallStreet".

Extra... Extra...

Link: Occupy Wall Street Gets Two Shocking Endorsements

Bernanke (really!) said during his testimony yesterday that he can't blame the protesters. Think Progress has the quote: "BERNANKE: I would just say very generally, I think people are quite unhappy with the state of the economy and what’s happening. They blame, with some justification, the problems in the financial sector for getting us into this mess, and they’re dissatisfied with the policy response here in Washington. And at some level, I can’t blame them. Certainly, 9 percent unemployment and very slow growth is not a good situation."

Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the Federal Reserve, endorses "OccupyWallStreet".

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Wow! Bernake. This should be the kiss of death for this "anything movement".

Side note: I watched the livestream of the Occupy Atlanta sit-in last night and the video link was sponsored by GM (Cadillac) and BP. I don't think I can handle any more Irony other than than perhaps the CEO of Halliburton endorsing the Occupy Anything movement of the day.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

And this is an endorsement? This is not an endorsement this is stating an opinion. At no point in any of what you have quoted has he even remotely said he supports this movement, just that he can understand and see the frustration driving it. And unless you have been living on the far side of the galaxy it would be hard not to. The only thing he has done here is shown that he is marginally more aware of what the people are frustrated about than anyone currently running for President up to and including the President.

reply to post by jibeho

As far as corporate sponsorship of whatever video feed you were watching. It is irrelevant because none of that money paid is going to the movement but rather to who is covering the movement providing the stream you are watching. Hardly a grand conspiracy there.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Democrat, Union, Federal Government, and Corporation assimilation of "OccupyWallStreet" almost complete.

I am waiting for product placement during protests.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

HUH? Seriously? I support the movement. People are just sick of working for peanuts not having enough to live on. We are treated like dirt and prices continue to rise. I am thinking most people on ats support OWS because they are actually doing somethin! What are you to change things?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by jibeho

Democrat, Union, Federal Government, and Corporation assimilation of "OccupyWallStreet" almost complete.

I would think Bank of America will recind the debit card fee.

and maybe then this outfit can step in:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Wow. Clutch at straws much?

Would you be so kind as to point out where it was stated he supports and/or endorses these protests or would we be correct in our assumptions of what you are trying to do?

Seriously, some of these anti-OWS posts are so devoid of fact they are becoming an embarrasment to this site.
edit on 11-10-2011 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Seriously, some of these PRO-OWS posts are so devoid of fact they are becoming an embarrasment to this site.

second line agrees 2-1 motion carries democracy in action dont ya just love mob rule.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Seriously, some of these PRO-OWS posts are so devoid of fact they are becoming an embarrasment to this site.

second line agrees 2-1 motion carries democracy in action dont ya just love mob rule.

What are you on about? Are you just ranting?

I was responding to the post claiming:

"Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the Federal Reserve, endorses "OccupyWallStreet"."

with a link to an article in which no where does he even say such a thing. Is it now a crime here to point out when someone is claiming something completely untrue?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

ok, now that #, sir, was funny indeed. hahahaha

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I prefer Edys anyway. Think I will keep buying Edys Ice cream and boycott Ben and Jerrys. See, it works both ways. I learned from the liberal boycott of Glenn Beck.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I prefer Edys anyway. Think I will keep buying Edys Ice cream and boycott Ben and Jerrys. See, it works both ways. I learned from the liberal boycott of Glenn Beck.

yep, Edys IS better. Never did like B & J's.

I heard now that the OWS movement wants to increase 31 Flavors to "99 Flavors"

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

wow, things are just getting more bizarre every day. I bet they are a UN affiliated NGO and support UN Agenda 21 and global climate change tax... or are in World Council of Churches.

Hmmm this Tyler guy campaigning says we need to encourage illegals to stay in their own country. That's different, but he seems to be aligned with the Progressives. He seems more independent though. a mixed bag like La rouche
edit on 13-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And? Republican endorsed the tea parties, and tea party groups endorsed them back with votes and money. So, what are you trying to say here? Or is it different for the tea parties I'm guessing?

I thought the tea parties were a non-cohesive movement of independents? So why are all tea partiers so collectively defensive? and why do they continue to support Republican candidates? Have any OWS groups endorsed Obama? These are very relevant questions to the OP, and I trust he will not be able to escape hypocrisy while trying to answer them.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This reminds me so much of the CNN reporter in Egypt asking a protester about president obama . It was a total sham. The protester said Huh, What ? "Obama ? This is what this administration does well, but this is going to backfire big time.

The Democrats are always doing this. This is going to back fire on these politicians, Some say these protesters don't have a focused message. They do have a message, they all lost something financial wise. These protester will soon start to put the blame where it belongs ( the current administration.) especially the high unemployment rate. the dems did not start this protest, it was" we the people" who did, the dems infiltrated it. thats why there is no clear message and never has been until now. hate the rich, that came from the dems. Not only that , but sine 2009 , hate the health insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, etc and so on. is always hate something and dividing the people. now to top it all off there is now untold millions of unemployed, homeless and bankrupt because of this administrations failed policies.

So, The Dems and obama seen an opportunity to save face on the flattering econmey and are trying to turn whatever message there was? ( they are succeeding at it too.) at the OWS protetet by infletrating with unions, groups and paid activist. The message is now hate the rich, this fits in with Obamas Tax the rich plan in the jobs bill. this will only work for so long and is used as a tool. So now the jobs bill did not pass in the senate today. the truth is obamas own party did not even support it; even in a test vote like today. Harry Reid even said him self he did not want to put the jobs bill to vote because he knows it's nothing but a tax bill. With the elections coming up in November for some senators, harry read stated " I need my guys for better things, not this. " so harry knows that with the presidents jobs- tax the rich bill the dems our sure to loose the senate. This is why harry did not want too vote on it to begin with. This why democratic party does not support the bill either.

So harry had to put the jobs bill to vote because he was called out by the republicans. in the mean time the president is calling for tax the rich. ( part of the jobs bill) but harry does not want this because the dems might loose the majority in the senate. So now the blame game starts with the republicans. The AP is stating just that. (blame republicans- damage control) USA today, and other MSM won't even make those statements because I'm sure they seen this could backfire big time. ( it was a bi-partisan vote) Harry Reid is getting confused because he don't know which lie he telling anymore either. It's starting to fall apart if the dems are endorsing the OWS protest.

I hope these protesters know there being shamed by paid activists and being herded like sheep by the democratic party. taxing the rich is not going to create jobs. protesting at rich people's homes will not do that either; it might land you in jail for trespassing and disturbing the peace at best.

edit on 13-10-2011 by SJE98 because: content

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

One economic outcome of these OWS protests is that the professional political campaign folks who get paid a lot of money to produce these flashy commercials for candidates are going to make a lot less this year.

Any fool with a video camera will be able to take a video of some slob at a OWS protest holding a sign that reads "Pass the Jobs Bill" or "Republicans are greedy" and cuts that together with a few other of these folks is going to be able to make an effective commercial. Are those folks a parody of the bulk of the people protesting? Sure, but it does not matter. They are a large element of it and people have absolutely no desire to be associated with them. They will also doubt their own motives to the extent that they are common with that low-life and either vote the other way or more likely not vote at all.

The Democrats can seek to align themselves with these folks all they want. All it is going to do is generate more passion amongst the anti-OWS folks and increase the get out the vote campaign for the Republicans.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join