It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats Endorse ' Occupy Wall Street'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Right on! Glad to see others know what is up.

Keep spreading that message, and remember to do so with Love! I understand (COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND) the frustration at the ignorance of those who continue to fractionalize the human race into ALL DEMOCRAT or ALL REPUBLICAN. They tend to forget that we are ALL PEOPLE, who ALL WANT THIS WORLD TO BE A BETTER PLACE.
But even getting mad and frustrated at those who are think this world is 'black or white', us vs them, etc, only perpetuates a world that IS us vs them. Ya know?

(I'm trying to imply your post was out of line, by any means, just a friendly reminder to everyone.
)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

This "movement" should've been protesting the White House and Congress from the begining. Wall Street might have been footing the bill, but it was the pols that were taking it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

People are protesting at the White House. Not everybody can just drop their s***, leave their homes, buy a plane ticket or drive for 10 hours and congregate at the White House. The movement is set up so that everybody who wants to participate can go to the nearest Occupy gathering.

And there are plans to deal with corrupt politicians too. Tomorrow, the people at the occupykc gathering are going to all of the nearby politicians offices, and presenting a petition that says they won't support legislation that allows corporate money in politics, and that they won't accept corporate money. Then politicians who don't sign it will be added to a list of politicians that are corrupt or allow corruption to occur. Hopefully that will catch on, because it's really quite simple.
edit on 10-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
didnt see any democrats supporting the tea party

didnt see too many media outlets supporting the tea party

didnt see to many left wingers sayin you go tea party

what i am seeing

their supporters and are the same detractors of the tea party oh and yeah corporate news was in vogue when they were bashing the tea party movement and now its evil evil corporations.

this stuff is so transparent is laughable
edit on 10-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Isn't this just par for the course, Democrats come out and identify with the protesters, Republicans call them work shy and soap dodgers. Then the media play their part in taking sides and there we have it, just another round of US political madness. Do you not get tired of this?

I just wonder if the democrats will still endorse the movement if it becomes violent?

The way i see this going is this...Democrats endorse OWS and after the movement doesn't recieve any results it then becomes violent and then the Democratic Party gets smeared.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

didnt see too many media out lets supporting the tea party

You didn't???

Fox News is Tea Party HQ...where have you been?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Not defend the Fed...how about protest the Fed (OF?); or Occupy Pennsylvania Avenue (OPA?); or Occupy Congress (ala Wisconsin? OC?)...no. The deliberate stay away from the seat of (Democratic) power is quite telling. Why no antiObama signs? Why no antiGeitner or Bernacke signs?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

wow 1 news station oh the horror agianst the vast left wing media machine

come on

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by beezzer

People are protesting at the White House. Not everybody can just drop their s***, leave their homes, buy a plane ticket or drive for 10 hours and congregate at the White House. The movement is set up so that everybody who wants to participate can go to the nearest Occupy gathering.

Wrong!
They are protesting the Chamber of Commerce in D.C..

There was a march at the White House, @ 200 people protesting the Afghanian War on friday, but that has been it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

wow 1 news station oh the horror agianst the vast left wing media machine

come on

Don't you guys always brag about how Fox News is number one in ratings all the time...and then in the same breath you cry about how the "vast left wing media" dominates????

I guess right wingers just need to feel like they are a victim and being held down.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

well your point would be vaild but considering we are talking about ows and those people dont even watch fox news

that point is rather moot.

just sayin

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You know you go through all the trouble of posting about how this isn't a Republicrat issue and then the next page is just flooded with the same posts from page one. I got kicked off of one of my favorite sites yesterday for expressing my frustration at this. Does this have to be a party issue? Can we discuss this AT ALL without it being dragged through the mud? We're all adults here. Let's discuss what we could to do make this movement what we THINK it should be then... Let's do something CRAZY here...like i dunno work together??? Become the 99% we are protesting for?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wow...you have successfully completed your circuit in circular logic.

You started off complaining about the Tea Party not being covered...just in case you forgot.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Going from memory here, but didn't Dear Leader rail against the US Chamber of Commerce awhile back? Isn't that odd...huh, Obama being all anti Chamber of Commerce and so is the 'Occupy' occupiers.

Who woulda seen that coming?
edit on 10-10-2011 by Glinda because: predtive spelling on my phone. sigh.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ah OK. I read "occupyDC" somewhere, and I guess I just assumed they were set up at the White House.

OccupyDC marches to White House.

So while they're not camped out in front of the White House, they've been marching there.

edit on 10-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Is there a such thing as a paid INFO agent... I'm feeling overpowered here *Points up and Down*

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

no whose complaining pointing out the clear differences of the publics perceptions of ows and the tea party movement.

one has vastly superior support the other didnt ows is the lefts and medias dream child where as the tea party was out like a fat kid at dodge ball.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nathanscottecho

the only people who are paid on here is the house democrats and their puppets ows.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by beezzer

they always use fuzzy math a country of 310 million americans what around 10,000 protesting?

and they make up the 99% ? alrightie.

Its not at all like the brazillions that showed up for all the teaparty hoverround conventions

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

i must have missed out where the tpm claimed they represented 99% of america

feel free to show me id love to see that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join