It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats Endorse ' Occupy Wall Street'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Yes, it's early...give it time.

By Feb. 2012...OWS will either be dead or be a Dem movement.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

And the truth comes out at last!
99%?

Um, more like 12%.

And we finally get to see Obama's private army. Sorry gang. You signed up for one thing, but your corporate leaders promised another.

THIS MOVEMENT IS NOT IN SUPPORT OF OBAMA.

I'm sorry, but i'm getting so frustrated with all the accusations and assumptions and straight up lies. Maybe some people in the movement are for Obama. Maybe some once upon a time liked Bush. Some of them may lean liberal. Some lean conservative.

But if ANYTHING, 99% of the 99% are NOT IN SUPPORT OF OBAMA, DEMOCRATS OR REPUBLICANS! It is THAT kind of thinking, THAT kind of labeling, THAT kind of separation that has gotten us to this point in history, and it is THAT kind of mentality that will destroy us.

This movement is ABOUT COMING TOGETHER TO TALK THIS OUT.

And again, even if there are Obama supporters or Whoever supporters, that's okay! Because we don't hate or discriminate, we listen, we maturely discuss and we come to a democratic decision. You know, like mature, adult human beings.

And just because the Dems have decided to 'support' this movement DOES NOT MEAN IT IS A LIBERAL MOVEMENT. Most of the people i know involved with the movement (which is a lot) are completely FED UP with ALL of our Government, ALL of our Media, ALL of our greedy/monopolistic Corporate Controlled Society that spoon feeds us our ideas, our talking points and our stereotype that fraction us instead of unite us.

This is not about SPREADING WEALTH AND $$$$
THIS IS ABOUT SPREADING LOVE
edit on 10-10-2011 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

ive always suspected that the democrats and their millionaire and billionaire contributors have always been behind it

with the organization done at the internet level and using their tools of the trade facebook .twitter and other left leaning internet websites.

since they dont get their news from msm media sources and the "unregulated" internet to push their agenda.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

And the truth comes out at last!
99%?

Um, more like 12%.

And we finally get to see Obama's private army. Sorry gang. You signed up for one thing, but your corporate leaders promised another.

THIS MOVEMENT IS NOT IN SUPPORT OF OBAMA.

I'm sorry, but i'm getting so frustrated with all the accusations and assumptions and straight up lies. Maybe some people in the movement are for Obama. Maybe some once upon a time liked Bush. Some of them may lean liberal. Some lean conservative.

But if ANYTHING, 99% of the 99% are NOT IN SUPPORT OF OBAMA, DEMOCRATS OR REPUBLICANS! It is THAT kind of thinking, THAT kind of labeling, THAT kind of separation that has gotten us to this point in history, and it is THAT kind of mentality that will destroy us.

This movement is ABOUT COMING TOGETHER TO TALK THIS OUT.

And again, even if there are Obama supporters or Whoever supporters, that's okay! Because we don't hate or discriminate, we listen, we maturely discuss and we come to a democratic decision. You know, like mature, adult human beings.

And just because the Dems have decided to 'support' this movement DOES NOT MEAN IT IS A LIBERAL MOVEMENT. Most of the people i know involved with the movement (which is a lot) are completely FED UP with ALL of our Government, ALL of our Media, ALL of our greedy/monopolistic Corporate Controlled Society that spoon feeds us our ideas, our talking points and our stereotype that fraction us instead of unite us.

They don't care

It is all about maintaining the status quo...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

So this is a movement that is against politcal issues...but it isn't a political movement???

It either becomes political or it dies...that's the only options.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by neo96

So its official for me.. Ive lost all respect for owp and can safely consider them of the same caliber of liberal idiots I suffered four years with at university.

They just won!
You just responded exactly the way you were supposed to.
You just played RIGHT into their hands.
This is social engeneering at its finest being played out right in front of your eyes and you don't even see it.
You were just played and you don't even know it.

link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Rockpuck

ive always suspected that the democrats and their millionaire and billionaire contributors have always been behind it

with the organization done at the internet level and using their tools of the trade facebook .twitter and other left leaning internet websites.

since they dont get their news from msm media sources and the "unregulated" internet to push their agenda.

This thing is disorganized because it is not highjacked

but thanks to great humans like you Neo, it will be politicized

The Banks, The FED and The Government thank you for your

hard work.

edit on 10-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

link   
Just like the TEA Party was co opted by FOX News and the GOP, the OWS crowd is probably gonna get co opted by MSNBC and the Democrats.

Turnabout is fair play I suppose.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

that movement is dead once the temperature drops new york has some of the coldest winters in this country.

its all fine and dandy and hip hip horahh when its 70 degrees outside once that dip lets see how they run

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

edit on 10-10-2011 by neo96 because: holy double posts batman

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

yeah disorganized with their kinko signs and no substance slogans

or as janky red once put it

duhhhhhhhhh

derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr urrrrrrrrrrrrrr durrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

from what i've seen on the livestream most of the kids in that park couldn't fight their way out of wet paper bag, I'm not sure their capable of causing much in the way of violence. Having said that, having been on a peaceful protest before, it was only when the police started containing people in a small area with no escarpe route called Kettling. that instigated the violence, It's enough to turn the most peaceful and tranquil protester into a an angry rage. I

I have to say despite some of the posts to the contrary, I think the NYPD has handled this very well, apart from the pepper spray incident. I can assure you that the UK police would have been in riot gear weeks ago. Especially after recent rioting events in England

Let's hope it stays peaceful.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The Tea Party hasn't peaked. We have all just gone back to our jobs...hey, somebody has to pay the taxes that provide the funds for those Electronic Benefit Transfer cards. The OWSers can then just breeze by a Citi or BoA MAC machine for funds. The Tea Partyites, who have to walk around the protestors; smell their version of "democracy" (no soap!!!); and know (at least if they are in NYC) that their tax dollars are going to clean up, HazMat, the classy OWSers who ttake a poop on city police cars, will be ready to vote Democrat since they ENDORSE this insanity.

The internal polling on Dear Leader must be horrific to attach the Dem "lable" to this (literal) crap. Desparate much?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by mastahunta

yeah disorganized with their kinko signs and no substance slogans

or as janky red once put it

duhhhhhhhhh

derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr urrrrrrrrrrrrrr durrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kinko's must be a liberal organization

I don't know what kind of sound you are making, but it is very close to how I imagine you.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I used to respect the people of this site. I can see where the OWS has the potential to get hijacked just like the tea party did, but isn't it our responsibility to protect it then? They say the 99% because they are fighting for YOUR rights as well. This rhetoric about left/right republicrat bullsh%t has got to stop. At one point and time I actually thought that if the right situation presented itself, the people would stand up and demand the changes that need to happen but no... sites like this are so people like you and me can complain. It's safe. Instead of actually going out into the world and protesting with these people giving them the direction that some of you think they so desperately need, we argue amongst ourselves in the largest mass d*ck measuring contest imaginable. I have an idea!? Instead of yelling into the void of the internet what we SHOULD be doing, the rest of us join our brothers and sisters and steer this in a proper direction.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda

The Tea Party hasn't peaked. We have all just gone back to our jobs...hey, somebody has to pay the taxes that provide the funds for those Electronic Benefit Transfer cards. The OWSers can then just breeze by a Citi or BoA MAC machine for funds. The Tea Partyites, who have to walk around the protestors; smell their version of "democracy" (no soap!!!); and know (at least if they are in NYC) that their tax dollars are going to clean up, HazMat, the classy OWSers who ttake a poop on city police cars, will be ready to vote Democrat since they ENDORSE this insanity.

The internal polling on Dear Leader must be horrific to attach the Dem "lable" to this (literal) crap. Desparate much?

The Tea Party are now being used to defend the things they were protesting against, I mean that
must make all of you guys feel really smart.

You went from

END THE FED

to

PROTECT THE FED

edit on 10-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by eleven44

So this is a movement that is against politcal issues...but it isn't a political movement???

Yup. Exactly.
Because it is a Human Race movement.

Politics is only one small fraction of what is wrong in the world. And if we focus strictly on politics nothing will change.

If we focus on Love, Compassion and Actively participating in co-creating a world based on these ideas, instead of based on prophets, commodities and political ideologies, then we will change things.

But changing peoples minds without changing their hearts will only buy us...what? maybe another year?

Namaste
edit on 10-10-2011 by eleven44 because: (I am my own grammar nazi)

edit on 10-10-2011 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This goes to further prove that ATS and Openmindedness are NOT synonymous.

It is so sad to see people who are so polarized and think that everything breaks down to black or white, left or right, rebublican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative!

That is pathetic and you know it.
This is the mentality that has held us back for thousands of years and yet people still fall into it EVERYTIME!!!
It works likke clockwork EVERY DAMN TIME!!!!

Don't you people see what you are doing?
Don't you see that you are being played?
I refuse to believe that anyone is THAT STUPID!!!
You have to be in denial because there is NOW WAY you people are THAT STUPID!!!

Being in denial is something that can be worked on and we can overcome but.......

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
This goes to further prove that ATS and Openmindedness are NOT synonymous.

It is so sad to see people who are so polarized and think that everything breaks down to black or white, left or right, rebublican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative!

That is pathetic and you know it.
This is the mentality that has held us back for thousands of years and yet people still fall into it EVERYTIME!!!
It works likke clockwork EVERY DAMN TIME!!!!

Don't you people see what you are doing?
Don't you see that you are being played?
I refuse to believe that anyone is THAT STUPID!!!
You have to be in denial because there is NOW WAY you people are THAT STUPID!!!

Being in denial is something that can be worked on and we can overcome but.......

Its true man

This thread has Tea Partiers on it now effectively defending the system they were protesting against.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join