It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats Endorse ' Occupy Wall Street'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) — the campaign arm of the House Democrats — sent out an email Monday morning urging readers to sign a petition supporting the growing “Occupy Wall Street” protests.

The email, titled “@Stake: Occupy Wall Street,” said, “Protestors are assembling in New York and around the country to let billionaires, big oil and big bankers know that we’re not going to let the richest 1% force draconian economic policies and massive cuts to crucial programs on Main Street Americans.”

dailycaller.com...

Seriously with this? same thing every sinlge democrat has compaigned on for as long as i can remember. Here it is people never letting a good crisis go to waste here comes the Democrats to come save the day when its been their social engineering programs that has led us to the brink of annihalation.

The answer like every answer is SPREAD THE WEALTH.

i swear fool me once shame on me fool me twice shame on me fool me thrice shame on YOU.
edit on 10-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yeah, I just saw this in CNN as well. Hopefully someone at OWS tells them to get lost. This is not a Republican or Democrat thing. It's a 99% thing and I would guess that a good percentage of Senators & Reps most likely fall into the 1% bracket.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Stan71 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Like it matters. OWS wouldn't care if Mother Teresa endorsed it. They are so full of themselves right now, that if you're not irresponsible, immature, and greedy for everyone else's hard-earned money, you're not invited.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Seems the 'revolution' was just effectively lost.

Ah, well, who didn't see this coming?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
They are hunting for constituents in the wrong place because these people don't vote unless they get something in return. i.e. free lunch. So, the cycle continues. ...

Demonize the rich while the Big Labor Movement spends billions to Keep the Dems. hanging on by a string. Oh, the hypocrisy....

This endorsement will blow up in their face because the majority of Americans can't relate to these youngsters on the prowl. The independents and swing voters will be pushed away by this Occupy anything movement so the Dems are left to scrape the bottom of the barrel in order to find votes. They are running from Obama and the Wall Street Money that got him elected (in addition to big labor money oh the irony).

This is getting comedic. Will the Dems jump when these sit ins finally turn violent and when personal property gets damaged? I see the gap widening with the passing of each day.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And the truth comes out at last!
99%?

Um, more like 12%.

And we finally get to see Obama's private army. Sorry gang. You signed up for one thing, but your corporate leaders promised another.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) — the campaign arm of the House Democrats — sent out an email Monday morning urging readers to sign a petition supporting the growing “Occupy Wall Street” protests.

The email, titled “@Stake: Occupy Wall Street,” said, “Protestors are assembling in New York and around the country to let billionaires, big oil and big bankers know that we’re not going to let the richest 1% force draconian economic policies and massive cuts to crucial programs on Main Street Americans.”

dailycaller.com...

Seriously with this? same thing every sinlge democrat has compaigned on for as long as i can remember. Here it is people never letting a good crisis go to waste here comes the Democrats to come save the day when its been their social engineering programs that has led us to the brink of annihilation.

The answer like every answer is SPREAD THE WEALTH.

i swear fool me once shame on me fool me twice shame on me fool me thrice shame on YOU.

And your answer, like every answer is spread the propaganda Neo.

People have a right to question the Banks, the Fed and the Government acting in the way the have,
there is this thing called the first amendment and using it is a wonderful thing.

You are trying so hard to demonize and marginalize these people, we can all see it. You try your
best to paint everyone who is against Wall Street, The Banks, The Feds and the Government
as wild communists. The Main Stream Media even goes out to find the most radical members
so that they can do EXACTLY what you are doing here. You are not letting a good crisis go to
waste, you are using this Movement as an excuse to preach your Fox News Talking points.

I wouldn't say that if I were you

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Damn this is the VERY same stuff you guys said about me during the Vietnam protests -- The "silent majority" will never pay attn to these dirty hippies -- deja vu all over.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

And the truth comes out at last!
99%?

Um, more like 12%.

And we finally get to see Obama's private army. Sorry gang. You signed up for one thing, but your corporate leaders promised another.

What truth, your propaganda?

The majority of the protestors are pissed at Obama

But I guess you wouldn't know that being in Germany

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

they always use fuzzy math a country of 310 million americans what around 10,000 protesting?

and they make up the 99% ? alrightie.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stan71
Yeah, I just saw this in CNN as well. Hopefully someone at OWS tells them to get lost. This is not a Republican or Democrat thing. It's a 99% think I would guess that a good percentage of Senators & Reps most likely fall into the 1% bracket.

Really...what OWS "leader" is going to tell them to get lost????

Oh that's right...they don't have leaders

I guess it's time for a leader...and it looks like the Dems will step into that spot.

good stuff

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

neither did the tea party but they always made it out like they did

hmmm crazy world aint it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

They are hunting for constituents in the wrong place because these people don't vote unless they get something in return. i.e. free lunch

It doesn't matter if any of the current OWS protestors vote...the Dems just need the energy that OWS has created.

In a year...the OWS movement will look nothing like what it does now...it will be a fully political movement filled with VOTERS.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Isn't this just par for the course, Democrats come out and identify with the protesters, Republicans call them work shy and soap dodgers. Then the media play their part in taking sides and there we have it, just another round of US political madness. Do you not get tired of this?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is HORRIBLE!!!
With a capital "H"!
Why?

Because first of all our entire Government is bought and paid for BY THE PEOPLE WE ARE PROTESTING AGAINST!!!! Which means that if the democrats in the house are endorsing us then they were TOLD to endorse us. Yes I know right? Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me too. Where's my tinfoil hat?

Why on earth would the Bankers who own our Congress,Senate,and our President, want the Democrats to endorse us????

Well, it goes like this.
It's the Old divide and conquer strategy that has worked for thousands of years and will ALWAYS work.
Now that the protests are alligned with a "Side" there is an already long established "Side" with which to allign anyone who isn't "Democrat" Thereby effectively cutting our numbers in half.

I am not a Democrat nor a Rebublican. I am a citizen who wants change and I allign myself with a movement which just got its numbers cut in half.

Next we will see the "Gay Community" endorse these protests thus dividing us even further because if you are a democrat that happens to HATE gay people then you certainly don't want to be a part of their movement do you?

Let me predict the future. Someone will play right into the hands of TPTB and say something like,

So its official for me.. Ive lost all respect for owp and can safely consider them of the same caliber of liberal idiots I suffered four years with at university.

Now obviously I am having some fun but you get my point..........don't you?

edit on 10-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by jibeho
They are hunting for constituents in the wrong place because these people don't vote unless they get something in return. i.e. free lunch. So, the cycle continues. ...

You keep attacking them and you might pulled a political victory out of the hands of the GOP

Demonize the rich while the Big Labor Movement spends billions to Keep the Dems. hanging on by a string. Oh, the hypocrisy....

OR

Demonize the regular person, so that the Banks, FED and Government can keep screwing America!

This endorsement will blow up in their face because the majority of Americans can't relate to these youngsters on the prowl. The independents and swing voters will be pushed away by this Occupy anything movement so the Dems are left to scrape the bottom of the barrel in order to find votes. They are running from Obama and the Wall Street Money that got him elected (in addition to big labor money oh the irony).

Well then you should be happy... I know that is why the Con army is here working double time to
demonize everybody.

This is getting comedic. Will the Dems jump when these sit ins finally turn violent and when personal property gets damaged? I see the gap widening with the passing of each day.

I see you guys taking the Side of Wall Street as a real good strategy, Thurston

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Stan71
Yeah, I just saw this in CNN as well. Hopefully someone at OWS tells them to get lost. This is not a Republican or Democrat thing. It's a 99% think I would guess that a good percentage of Senators & Reps most likely fall into the 1% bracket.

Really...what OWS "leader" is going to tell them to get lost????

Oh that's right...they don't have leaders

I guess it's time for a leader...and it looks like the Dems will step into that spot.

good stuff

I guess you missed the thread where civil rights guru, and U.S. Representative, John Lewis was denied a voice at OWS. OWS doesn't want leaders. They are kollective. A hive mind. Leaders would come in do something horrible. Like organize them and make them actually come up with solutions and stuff.

/TOA

link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

neither did the tea party but they always made it out like they did

hmmm crazy world aint it.

Yeah...you're kind of proving my point here.

The Tea Party didn't have a leader, which left it open for the Republicans to take control of it.

This is the same thing but on the Left...the good thing is that OWS will still be riding high on energy for 2012...and the Tea Party has already peaked for the 2010 elections.

Like I said...good stuff (for me, not you)

link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Isn't this just par for the course, Democrats come out and identify with the protesters, Republicans call them work shy and soap dodgers. Then the media play their part in taking sides and there we have it, just another round of US political madness. Do you not get tired of this?

I just wonder if the democrats will still endorse the movement if it becomes violent?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I knew out was only a matter of time before the dems swept in... In fact "rev" al sharpton will give a broadcasred speech from the heart of nyc owp.....

So its official for me.. Ive lost all respect for owp and can safely consider them of the same caliber of liberal idiots I suffered four years with at university.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join