It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This IS NOT the Revolution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by trika3000
After you're done reading the linked post, come back here for some beautiful words from this young man in the video.

is this some commie youth propaganda inititation video or is this jesus camp?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

I agree with the message of peace, but i think using peace in a situation like this would be like using a wrench to hammer in a nail. its just not the right tool. My favorite saying is the revolution will not be fought by conventional means. In order to really hit TPTB hard, you have to beat them at their own game. One must totally disassociate oneself from the system, because we the people give TPTB the power. If enough people can be self-sufficient then violence or peace against TPTB will depend on the outcome, but first the enemy must be weakened.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

My family can survive for at least six months - what have you prepared for....

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

what they are doing is a lot more than this thread is doing.

Stop hatin.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
For anyone who doesnt think they are where they should be...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aninonymous
Stop hatin.

irrationalymous ftw!

lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Oh geez

Second line

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

A nice video I came across! Listen to the wise words also! Amazing video. A revolution is coming. Can you feel it too?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

Honestly, I would like to do a poll if I could. How many OWS protestors would be willing to DIE for what they believe in? How many protestors would be willing to walk up and slug a cop in the face if it meant that the protest would succeed?

My guess is not many, if any at all.

Ill take you up on that offer if you get TPTB to END THE FED AND MONEY AND FREE THE WORLD AND PEOPLE OF AMERICA from war and corruption. P.S

Amazing post and glad you know so much I like the way you educate people. With Facts. Great work

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
in 2010/11 Egypt rose up against their corrupt government in hopes to overthrow it.....they succeeded.

don't be such a pessimistic quitter OP, sometimes the people win

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

lol. yeah. "revolution" will be marketed by some mainstream media corporate souless douchebag. sure.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
in 2010/11 Egypt rose up against their corrupt government in hopes to overthrow it.....they succeeded.

they had cia backing them up. lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

and where did it get them?

the military runs the show now and the Islamic and Christian people are attacking one another - so I tell you, what did they succeed in?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
If you all don't mind I would like to return to the original message of this post.

Not to be condescending but political hoohah is a part of the control mechanism that keeps us separate. Let us remember our common roots. Because once real change occurs there will be many who are left behind.

So you say you want a revolution? Oh well, you know....

We all want to change the world. Where have I heard that before?

Violence breeds violence. This is a universal fact. There is no putting the violence genie back into the bottle once released to run amok. And yes I know, the authorities have already used violent tactics.

Kudos to those engaged in protest smart enough to realize not to return the favor. Changes the message.

Now I'd like everyone to consider something. I do not accept authorship of the following but I believe those well versed enough to remember that we are a National Republic because of the following words understand precisely who it was that penned them, and why.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Now THAT is a revolutionary statement. Don't you think?

Certainly it can be considered that a group of people, no matter how large, cannot affect an entrenched system of governance in such a way as to bring about its demise. So there are those who would focus only on this aspect of the overall movement toward change and in contemplation say to themselves, "this will not be an effective method for change."

Do not underestimate the value of a good diversion.

Many will see the crowds as "mobs" and be misdirected into a biased opinion concerning these events. This allows TPTB to play each side off the other, continuing to put focus on the face of the differing and divergent elements from which these events originated rather than on the message.

We are mad as hell and we won't take it anymore.

There is but one sure path no matter the differing perspectives among participants. This entire system must change. It can only change with the cooperation of enough souls to invoke said change. God knows I'm ready. I pledge my life, my fortune (if I had one), and my sacred honor to these ends daily.

Let us all be of sober mind and realize the finality with which our system of governance is faced. Economically, Politically, Socially, Internationally and Militarily the government, as defined in the Act of 1871, is on borrowed time. Let us work together to take advantage of this opportunity for REAL change.

I do not condone violence unless my family or I have been violated. That having been said this is now the reality many of us live with; we have all suffered violence at the hands of the oppressor.

In closing I would like to quote the same author yet again...

"What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must from time to time be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos

Quite literally wahh!!! all summed up into words...I say give em hell what have they got to lose by doing it? What if this gets the ball rolling to get all this S*** sorted and all they need is peoples like you to SUPPORT them and help them figure out where to aim the beast at. But no all you wanna do is ridicule, the thing is you don't know what kind of truths may be driving these people and you shouldnt try to strip it from em just sayin man it doesn't have to be violent and it at the same time I wouldn't call it full on just yet...

Can you give a compelling reason why an individualist should support a collectivist "movement", the goal of which is to strip his individuality and subsume him into the collective?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by blasphemous

Not to be condescending but political hoohah is a part of the control mechanism that keeps us separate. Let us remember our common roots. Because once real change occurs there will be many who are left behind.

Where do I sign up to be one of he ones "left behind"? See, I'm not one of the 1%. I'm not one of the 99%, either. I'm not a catch-phrase, and I refuse to be assimilated into a collective.

I'd MUCH prefer to be left behind - and left alone.

Violence breeds violence. This is a universal fact. There is no putting the violence genie back into the bottle once released to run amok. And yes I know, the authorities have already used violent tactics.

Kudos to those engaged in protest smart enough to realize not to return the favor. Changes the message.

Yes, it does. It changes the message from "If you raise that hand against me again, I'm going to knock you on your ass" to the message of "Thank you, sir! may I have another!"

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44
I (We) am/are not being Peaceful because it's 'the Law of the Land,' We are peaceful because we acting out of peace, love and cooperation is the only way to achieve this.
Sure, we could resort to violence and see some major 'changes' a lot quicker, but then we are just re-establishing ourselves as a angry, violent force that kills/attacks all opposing forces...which...kind of seems like a re-iteration of the system we are already in. And would thus be destined to become the 'new' system that we created out of the old.

THIS IS ABOUT CHANGE. THIS IS ABOUT LOVE. THIS IS ABOUT COMING TOGETHER

and guess what, violence, hate and physical force are some the oldest and most used versions of 'getting what you want.'

You don't have to believe that "this is it." But it has to start somewhere, and it only takes one person.
If you do not believe it, you can not create it.
And, if anything, this movement could be the catalyst that puts the 'true revolution,' if you will, into motion.

But, on a side note, I understand the concept of DEFENSE. If someone is physically attacking me or my loved ones (which are everyone) then I will defend myself/us. But I will not instigate and I will not attack.

Much love be to you. Whether "this is it" or not, "It" HAS TO COME, or we are all doomed.

I read that in a bob dylan accent, it is really funny,,,

No this is not any revolution..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Wow, I don't really think this "Occupy Movement" is going anywhere either (except maybe to martial law, did someone say psyop?) but that doesn't mean peaceful protest can't work. I mean, it seemed to work for that Ghandi fella. Peaceful protest can work, but only if the protests still manage to disrupt the enemy's agenda and harm them in ways other than the physical.

For example, maybe you wanna protest Wal-Mart's unmatched ability to push around manufacturers of the various products they carry. Well, you could organize large groups of shoplifters and send them at the bastards. Technically, that is peaceful. Really, boycotting Wal-Mart would be far more peaceful, but what common man is willing to give up those low, low blue-light specials just to bring some factory work back home a few years down the line?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

to early to say what they succeeded in, give it a hundred or so years and then get back to me.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Let's just form our own country. We'll call it, the United States of America, and it will be a country created for the people, by the people, truly.

Who's with me?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join