It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This IS NOT the Revolution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
hahahahahaa.....he is right!....guess what will gonna happened if the LIVESTOCK (americans) try to make a peaceful revolution ?????....you will be the next dinner on reptilian plate .....ooo you make me laugh !....the human experiment it is closed, finished, this is only maybe the flounder of a chicken before the cutter !!.....

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
See this post (please), as it directly relates to this here post...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is it... The paradigm shift... The Post-Post modern man response... This is the change that is gonna come... This is why Gandhi and King gave up their lives... i know it's hard not to be skeptical, it's hard not to be cynical, but this is really IT, this is the game changer and a thousand other clichés.

Maybe that's why it doesn't seem like it could happen. Maybe they have used us against us for so long it seems like we couldn't/wouldn't be able to do it. You may say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one...

After you're done reading the linked post, come back here for some beautiful words from this young man in the video.

Here is a link to everything about OWS - www.occupywallstreetmediawatch.org...
edit on 11-10-2011 by trika3000 because: added OWS link

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I would contend that all these peaceful protests have spurred changes in government. Were it not for the potential of what the people could do I don't think many of the police state measures that have been created would be in existence. They wouldn't have bothered created LRADs, tasers or the DHS. They wouldn't bother spying on everyone or demanding that the military be allowed to fly drones over our country..There would be no such thing as "free speech zones" or temporary processing centers.
Peaceful protests have forced the government to change many things and none for the better.

Otherwise, you are absolutely correct.
Nothing will change.
The wars, the police state, the rule by bankers instead of the people will continue.
The only thing peaceful protests will achieve is to force them to show they have no scruples. morality, or sense of obligation to the people. Whatever force is applied by protest will be met by greater or equal force to sustain the status quo.

The dog will only relinquish the bone when you grab it by the jaws and force them apart.
Anything less just makes a dog with stronger jaws and right now we're looking at the biggest, meanest dog ever bred on this planet.
Our only real option is to stop feeding the damn thing!
edit on 11-10-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
What people seem to forget is that the term revolution is not limited to a certain time period. What i mean is that any single action within these periods is included within the revolution we are now in. To say this is not a revolution is giving it not the credit it deserves. But i understand your point of view, to me this global protest in it's unique form is part of a revolution, but it can only be completed once these things tie in.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Indeed. I haven't listened to Glenn Beck in quite awhile, but he was talking about this years ago already and it seems to be panning out exactly as he mentioned. After all, he is the one who "took down" Van Jones.

reply to post by robyn

Right and left may be conflicting party scenarios, but the differences are very real. I for one am far right by believing and hard work, a true free market, and I am very much against any kind of social handouts. Whereas the far left is very much for government regulation, social justice, and plenty of handouts. The differences are very real and they are not going to go away any time soon.

I do however agree with your synopsis and the problems at large. I do not, however, believe that any amount of peaceful protesting will bring about Glass Steagall again, and even if it did, it would far from fix the problems we face.

reply to post by ArrowsNV

It may be inherent throughout corporations AND government, but government makes the rules for the corporations to abide by. Therefore it is the government that is the cancer, the corporations are merely tumors. You can target the tumors time and time again, but that still isn't going to get rid of the underlying problem.

reply to post by yourmaker

We need to EXPIRE peaceful resolution. *sigh*

How many times have I heard this? And each time peaceful resolution accomplishes nothing, we STILL need to wait to try again... and again... AND AGAIN. When do you draw the line? My OP lists four specific times when peaceful resolution sought to bring about the wants of the citizenship of this country and all four times, despite the MILLIONS that called for such a change - IT WAS IGNORED.

People like you will draw a line in the sand and each time it is reached will move it farther away in the hope that maybe THIS time peaceful change will do something. Reality sets in and you realize it does nothing because no one is listening. Scratch that, people are listening, not doing anything about it, and neither is the government.

reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Instead of complaining and accomplishing nothing, as has happened for the past 60 years, you act out. You show the government and the corporations that you mean business, and if they don't abide by what the people are saying - YOU CRUSH THEM and install new governors to lead us. It is that simple.

These people are supposed to be protecting us and making laws to protect us from the greed of these corporations, but instead they would make laws to line their own pockets and continue to ignore us. Nothing is going to change unless we change our outlooks and our methods of action.

reply to post by Majestyka

The protests on the west coast and in Boston have already turned violent. The Occupyers have been talking about it all night. There was even a death reported in San Diego. What are the people going to do about it? Absolutely nothing. Back off maybe because none of them are dedicated enough to do what needs to be done.

reply to post by trika3000

Yes. You are right. Just like every one before it, THIS is the one. The BIG kahuna. These are the protests where government is finally going to listen and it is going to bring about the ultimate paradigm shift. The corrupt politicians are going to willfully leave office, the corporations are going to return all their stolen capital to help pay off the US debt, and then rainbows and lollipops will grow on sidewalks everywhere so that every child may experience the sweetness.

And then you woke up. You are a dreamer.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
I dont know if it is the revoulution or not. But we can;t just be happy that people are finally getting mad as hell and are not gonna take it anymore???

That's just it. They're NOT "not taking it any more". They ARE still taking it, and taking it like champs! What the hell kind of "protest" is it when you aren't doing anything under protest?

I dunno, I think I just can't do it any more. I think I'm just going to bow out of any further discussions of this OWS non-phenomena, and going back to bed, Someone wake me if anyone ever gets serious enough about this to put down their iPod long enough to make some sort of SERIOUS statement against whatever it is they're supposed to be against.

It ain't corporations, that's for sure. How the hell can you be against corporations with a Big Mac in one hand and an iPhone in the other?

Hypocrisy much?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

reply to post by Majestyka

The protests on the west coast and in Boston have already turned violent. The Occupyers have been talking about it all night. There was even a death reported in San Diego. What are the people going to do about it? Absolutely nothing. Back off maybe because none of them are dedicated enough to do what needs to be done.

good thing iam on the west coast and attending my local protests.....Vancouver! we all remember the Stanley cup loss haha.....
edit--- iam not pro violence this is just sarcasm.....

if we put as much energy into this as we did for a hockey game......

hmmm i have to agree that alot are just "on the wagon"
edit on 11-10-2011 by Majestyka because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2011 by Majestyka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
But I am here as the bearer of bad news - this whole thing - this mass protest, this isn't a revolution. This isn't even going to accomplish anything.

No but this Evolution will accomplish much more than just "anything". Its a simple thing called "unity", and ever since the masses have been divided and conquered like farm animals between fences, the giant has been put to sleep only to experience what seems to be some kind of nightmare. Then something happened, the giant is slowly awakening and people everywhere are realizing just how divided and deceived the People really are, and so the giant's nightmare is coming to an end as the last stage of heavy REM sleep fades away. The Elite with their divide and conquer tactics have been foiled as Man's evolution can now continue forward without distraction through the unity of the People

edit on 11-10-2011 by xxnibiruxx because: grammar

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44
I (We) am/are not being Peaceful because it's 'the Law of the Land,' We are peaceful because we acting out of peace, love and cooperation is the only way to achieve this.
Sure, we could resort to violence and see some major 'changes' a lot quicker, but then we are just re-establishing ourselves as a angry, violent force that kills/attacks all opposing forces...which...kind of seems like a re-iteration of the system we are already in. And would thus be destined to become the 'new' system that we created out of the old.

THIS IS ABOUT CHANGE. THIS IS ABOUT LOVE. THIS IS ABOUT COMING TOGETHER

and guess what, violence, hate and physical force are some the oldest and most used versions of 'getting what you want.'

You don't have to believe that "this is it." But it has to start somewhere, and it only takes one person.
If you do not believe it, you can not create it.
And, if anything, this movement could be the catalyst that puts the 'true revolution,' if you will, into motion.

But, on a side note, I understand the concept of DEFENSE. If someone is physically attacking me or my loved ones (which are everyone) then I will defend myself/us. But I will not instigate and I will not attack.

Much love be to you. Whether "this is it" or not, "It" HAS TO COME, or we are all doomed.

Then you've set yourself up for failure.
They just laugh at peaceful protests.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

OK then what do you propose? Lets all just lay down because of the past, you know all those failed protests and all. You know such as the civil rights movement failed too or did it? Maybe the fruits of the civil rights movement payed off some years later. Maybe THIS will too. Maybe the the Iraq war protests made a difference after all? Maybe none of those things meant anything to you have decided you rather remain dependent on the system. Just ignore the problem.

Maybe NOTHING will happen, maybe we will be ignored. Maybe we will be raped for more years to come. Maybe things will just get worse.

But...

here is some food for thought

They KNOW that we KNOW, and also they KNOW that we have not FORGOTTEN they raped our future 3 years ago and counting. They may very well have realised they under estimated our intelligence and strength. I think there is a term for this un- revolution you call it, i call this movement : Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars. This is awareness, an awakening of sorts. And maybe this will lead to changes not the ones the Banks would orchestrate "they wont budge" but changes in the way we involve ourselves with these banking parasites. Like many are saying in these parts, quit your bank and join a credit union. And stop feeding the animal. It is the little things, if some people were thinking we were going to kick down the doors and perform a citizens arrest of the criminals in those buildings you are wrong. It will take some basic sacrificing of some things we have been so dependent on, certain conveniences such as plastic money debt, enabling these bottom feeders simply cutting them off. We starve them this time around.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

As if wall street wasn't enormously responsible for the policies of congress or their actions didn't greatly contribute to the financial collapse, right?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
I agree the Occupy wall street protesters dont have a true goal or objective yet but when the tea party first started they didnt have a clear goal of what they wanted. They just knew what they didnt want. and as they went along they formed misssion statements. And what they stood for.

I dont know I hope your not being a hater OP. I dont know if it is the revoulution or not. But we can;t just be happy that people are finally getting mad as hell and are not gonna take it anymore???
edit on 10-10-2011 by American-philosopher because: making the meaning of my statement clear

Yes when corporate interests co-opted the tea party they presented mission statements.

They began to scream about taxes being too high when they are close to historical lows.

They became deceived that any talk about tax increases would actually affect their taxes when it would be directed at those making over a million dollars a year, not your average teabagger.

They began to scream about regulation. All of a sudden the government is regulating corporations too much. Never mind the fact that it was the deregulation during republican administrations that largely contributed to the "great recession".

It is truly interesting how the issues that the tea party supports are the same issues that will benefit the top 2%. In other words it will benefit the people who have benefited for the past 30 years from policies that concentrate wealth and create an environment where only the wealthy can get even more wealthy.

Trickle down economics has failed miserably for the 99% and we are tired of being pissed on and tired of the right leaning more and more towards corporate fascism while deceiving average Americans in order to gain support.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Excellent opening points, bravo for bringing it out for discussion, there are so many factors involved in why this needs to be swiftly brought to a halt, before it is shut down, and then after massive reorganizing through the now set up blogs and websites devoted, it can find its roots before taking flight into the sky.

Right now they are simply planting tree's in the open sky up on clouds.

There have been some beautiful people at these events but it really needs less of a street party effect to do what they hope for it to.

I say stop short of the planned date and be gone without as much as a gum wrapper left behind, and go silent, make tptb wonder wtf?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
Peaceful protests do nothing but make tptb complacent, they know that people are upset, but the people will still obey, hence, peaceful protests.

The only revolution that will take place is one of violence, destruction and true occupation of facilities and infrastructure, when we truely take it back.

These peaceful protests may turn into a violent uprising with the right catalyst, and there is nothing wrong with a violent revolution, because that signifies that the people are taking back what is theirs.

And there will be violence, destruction, and true occupation, lets just hope it comes from our side, (the people) and not the powers that be.
edit on 10-10-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

And that is what WILL happen if the Bankers, Politicians, Wall Street and the rest of the machine continues on this path. Peaceful protest today, tomorrow and next week. Violent uprising a year from now. But a warning to those it may concern, perhaps a wake up call. They have to know that if they continue on this path the people will result to more desperate means. I think it is a case of dog and owner, we are the dog that got beat too much eventually turning on it's owner. I mean as fragile as the world is think of there was a huge food shortage. We would eat our handlers, all that rage and even if said food shortage was not even their doing who do you think the hordes of starving people may eat first?

Eat the rich

Also just think of something like a coup of power, perhaps some of their own will throw one another under the bus. When things start to get ugly the elite will probably resort to something treacherous to save their own arse. Or even try to escape and blend in with us if there was a major threat of uprising. Unlike us our strength is in our unity they are not acclaimed and known for their loyalty. So perhaps their system really would implode under the right circumstances.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If you as a people are incapable to overcome the partisan paradigm you are fed, then no - there will be no revolution... not now, not ever.
If you can't unite against your obvious common enemies then you deserve your status quo.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Why do you have a picture of the rEvolution as you call it?

And why are people so in denial of this movement?

Are the Tea Partiers just jealous or a bunch of spoiled babies that don't like it when the other side forms a grassroots movement?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
You seen what happened in london and other english cites earlier this year. WE ARE YOUNG AND WE ARE PISSED OFF! The government still hasn't paid any attention to us all the care about is themselves. im 19 and most of my friends from ages 16-25 are out of work and don't have a choice. We try to educate ourselves and we end up in more debt than if we had just stayed at home and played xbox all day. The young people of Britain have been mistreated for the past 10 years we are fed up. The government doesn't realize if they don't listen to us its going to get a lot worse and people are going to die fighting! WE HAVE NOTING TO LOSE AND EVERYTHING TO GAIN! THE FUTURE IS OURS!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
These OWS folks have no idea how to do a proper protest. in the 60's Abbie Hoffman stopped the stock exchange. How did he do it? He went to the observation deck and tossed $100 worth of $1 bills onto the trading floor. Trading stopped while the greedsters ran for the cash. Why no repeat? Surely the trading floor is not guarded by orcs. Why haven't the protesters forced their way onto the trading floor?

This whole thing is nothing but smoke and mirrors and fairy farts. If you're going to protest, then disrupt something!! Letting trading go on like nothing is happening is not helping anyone.

I know the movement is doomed to fail. Because they have no guts. It's a bunch of pansies acting like spoiled brats.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I have an idea that has been popping in my head in the last few days.

I hear "peaceful revolution" and "violent revolution".

Well, here is a third option.

In Canada, even if the police is public, you can still rent their services for yourself. ( That's why Stars are escorted by the police, they were hired; it is not a public service to insure everybody remains calm around the Star. )
I know it ain't cheap, but...

If there are many thousands of people Occupying Somewhere, why don't they just put some money in a basket, and HIRE the police for a few hours, or half the force for a few days?

It would be interesting to see what the police would do once they were told to evacuate the protesters, protected by the other half of the police force...

I know, I'm dreaming, still...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Stan71

In other words BUSH was actually right?!!
take that OBAMANUTTS!!

Well said!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join