It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man attacks son with sword for not doing chores, police say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

A Ventura man was arrested Sunday after police said he attacked his 18-year-old son with a sword, accusing him of being lazy and not doing chores around the house.

Antonio Gutierrez, 43, was in a heated argument with his son, John, when he picked up a 4-foot-long sword, police said. The son tried to use his hands to defend himself, police said, but his hand was lacerated by the blade and he bled profusely.

And i though my father was strict, sounds like the father just totally lost the plot, with his lazy son, clearly there's more to this story, it goes on to say, the father handed himself in after several hours and charge of assault with a deadly weapon.

Source

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Kid 1: So what did you do on the weekend?

Kid:2: played ninja with dad.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
That guy is going about it the wrong way.

Once my kids reached 18, I became such a nag that they couldn't wait to move out. Problem solved!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You know, when I was 18, I didn't live with my dad. I moved out on my own.

However, when I was 17 and still lived under his roof, I did what I was told. Living bill free, without a worry in the world was worth a few chores for household upkeep.

I expect the same from my son. It should never have to come to picking up a sword to get your kid who LIVES UNDER YOUR ROOF to do a simple chore or two. And if that sword is picked up, it is a righteous blade.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The 18 year old, is no doubt to big to give a slap round the back of the head, and no doubt, stood up to the fathers face, for asking him to pull his weight.

I remember my younger brother who lived with my parents till he was 22 with no job or income, and he got to big and mouthy for my father to handle, and i had to remove him from there home in the end, which ended badly for my brother, who soon stopped being mouthy.

We get on great now by the way, now his older and learn to live in the real world, and not a lazy little brat anymore.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

A Ventura man was arrested Sunday after police said he attacked his 18-year-old son with a sword, accusing him of being lazy and not doing chores around the house.

Antonio Gutierrez, 43, was in a heated argument with his son, John, when he picked up a 4-foot-long sword, police said. The son tried to use his hands to defend himself, police said, but his hand was lacerated by the blade and he bled profusely.

And i though my father was strict, sounds like the father just totally lost the plot, with his lazy son, clearly there's more to this story, it goes on to say, the father handed himself in after several hours and charge of assault with a deadly weapon.

Source

Sounds like something my dad would have done
. Someone clearly forgot to take his meds, or is going untreated with a serious mental defect.

Yeah, terrorizing your kid and trying to kill him is real good way of showing you love them! Way to go dad! Epic fail
. The boy was probably lazy because he learned it from his dad. When my dad made me do "chores", it wasn't to build character or to teach me how to do things, i was a slave because he didn't want to get off his own ass and do it himself.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think it says somewhere in Deuteronomy that if a child disobeys or dishonour their parents, they should be put to death. So in God's eyes the son was fair game. Swords are difficult to use and now the job is half done. Imagine who God feels now. This is why every father should have a pit in the back yard and a collection of stones.

new topics

top topics

join