It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Financing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Climate change proponents continuously make the accusation that anyone who disagrees with the theory of anthropogenic causes of global warming are financed by the Big Oil companies.

Maybe now is the time for us to take a close look at how climate change proponents are themselves financed:

blog.heartland.org...

Please note: The industries that benefit from the public believing in man-made climate change are those industries who benefit from government grants to fund renewable energy sources. In exchange for government grants to subsidize the green energy industry - the public gets the right to buy "green" energy at 80.2 cents per kilowatt (in Ontario Canada). Nuclear energy costs about 17 cents per kilowatt.

In 2010 - these industries (and the banks) contributed $540 billion to green foundations. The banks made $142 billion in profit on carbon trading. The green foundations funded so-called "grass-roots" green activists (Green Peace, Sierra Club etc) and smear groups to the tune of about 1.5 billion.

Just thought the public should know. At least with Big Oil - they contribute a usable and valuable product to the public. Who cares if they make a profit. With the green energy industry-they deliver a product that is unreliable, and costs about 5 times the energy produced by nuclear, hydro, coal. The green energy industry relies on fear to sustain itself.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Let me guess your republican?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by joeym1991

now why would you make a personal comment on me instead of commenting on the information contained in the post??? Especially since the post contains clear references to Canada??

Now could you be trying to detract attention from the information in my post - that the public is having to spend billions of dollars to prop up an industry that provides no useful product? That profits only as long as the public "believes" and lives in fear?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeym1991
Let me guess your republican?

Let me guess, you're from the US and egotistically assume everyone else is too ?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
just your demeanor that you speak in..... it tells it all.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
we've become so dependent on oil and coal, it's disgusting, you're trying to hype up nuclear energy? HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT IT DOES TO THE ENVIRONMENT?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What does this comment have to do with my original post? The original post outlined how global warming activists are funded.

Please understand - I have no issues with having a public debate on the direction in which we should go when it comes to generating electricity. As long as the debate is a rational one with the pros and cons of each type of energy being outlined clearly, the cost and the ultimate goal.

I have a BIIIIG issue with shaping and moulding public opinion based on fear and no presentation of the pros and cons.

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

All I'm saying is don't try to support oil and coal usage and down talk other ways of getting energy. The fact is that the ancient people had survived many millennia without oil and thrived, look at all the destruction that's been done to society and the environment over oil, look at all the trillions of dollars stolen from people, look at wars started over oil. And here you are telling people that oil is more efficient and comes up with a better product: SO WHAT IF THEY MAKE A PROFIT? they're providing for the people WHAT?, at OUR cost, gouging us and taking all our money and you're defending them? That's senseless insanity.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

oh you are really joking me here????

Ancient people survived without oil? - sure they did, living in caves. Short, brutal lives filled with disease and suffering. And if 7 billion people had no oil - how would they cook their food? Right - the burning of wood. Which is merely a less effecient way of producing energy! Want to know what our lives would be like? Easy - look at third world undeveloped countries with NO energy grid! And then look at the damage to the environment.

I notice how NONE of you eco-nuts ever offer to live off the land but are quick to require others to do so.

Tired of Control Freaks/

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Right so we find a new energy source and populations explode a reoccurring event that's happened through out history. What else happens when population gets to big to sustain? mass amounts of people start dying of famine and disease, a reoccurring event in history that's happening rite now because we don't plan ahead for energy needs, instead we think short term, that's the way our mentality has evolved. What happens when oil runs out? Ooops we've become so dependent on oil that we cant't find new energy sources.But people who study about man made climate change or finding new ways of getting energy are dismissed as alarmists come on man get real. . instead lets multiply create more humans more and more ultimately making one humans purpose lesser and lesser?. Also You shouldn't speak in a tone that makes it sound like third world countries are lesser than first world countries, because in most cases third world countries are very abundant in resources and more than capable of providing for the people of their countries. Those countries are being held back by people of wealth whose own interests are to preserve their own wealth and the hell with everyone else. That's the same path America is headed down my friend unless people take hold . OIL IS EVIL. We're living in a time of many poor people and very few rich people and the goal of the very few rich people is to control all resources therefore controlling every ones life.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

joeym1911

You are absolutely right! Third world countries are being held back. The UN has decreed that the only energy to be developed in third world countries are "renewable" energies. Unreliable wind and solar. To "save" the environment and reduce global warming. They are not allowed to build hydro dams or nuclear facilities or to construct an electrical grid. They have to continue living in mud huts without using oil! (that of course does not pertain to cities)

Listen very carefully here! This post is about financing. The global warmers are being financed by government (and us - through taxes). They are being lucratively financed and their job is to lobby the government for things that the UN has declared to be "sustainable". They pretend that they have no dog in the fight but the truth is that, if the financing were to stop, they would not exist because they produce NO product. They have a vested interest in the stands that they have taken. A financial interest that is MORE pertinant than the oil companies.

Oil companies will continue to make a profit because they sell a desirable product. But if ever, the public were to laugh the global warming scam into the history books (where it belongs) - these activist groups (aka lobbyists) would cease to exist!

I have nothing against renewable energy sources (wind and solar). I wish it would work! Unfortunately, these sources produce unreliable rates of electricity. Since electricity cannot be stored - and since the grid must always be in balance in terms of input and output (or the entire system will shut down) - most of the electricity produced by these sources is absolutely wasted.

I am afraid that the technology just isn't ready for these sources of electricity!

Nuclear energy, of course, is ready to go! But, the greens won't allow plants to be built. Hydro electricity needs a very large environmental footprint. And as for oil - when was the last refinery built in order to produce gasoline of cleaner, more effecient quality than our old technology (don't build that refinery in MY backyard!). Natural gas is also a good way to go.

As for your malthusian prophesies of population doom - that has been predicted for over 300 years and hasn't come true yet. Weren't we supposed to run out of resources by the 1970s? (remember the population bomb?)

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

We could debate on and on but I'll stop because we can't find enough common ground. Two totally different ideologies. Good talk though

top topics

join