It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Seek to Own 'Occupy Wall Street' Movement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Full Story

Well, it was only a matter of time. Now the Democrats say that the "Occupy" movement is worth tapping into. Even helping along and joining.
It sounds to me like they want to use the OWS movement to help steal the thunder from the tea party and the right. But Republicans had one significant advantage in taking ownership of the Tea Party phenomenon: they were entirely out of power in Washington when the movement took root.
But what really grinds my gears is that TPTB want to “take ownership” of the OWS movement.
Do they really think that the people of OWS will let that happen? REALLY!?
The OWS movement is not about picking a political party to side with.
It’s about bringing change to U.S. Government and the Big Banks and how it treats its citizens as a whole. Not just bringing change to one political party or the other.
Both sides of the political fence are guilty for what they have done to this once great nation. The OWS movement knows this. That’s what their pissed about.
I only hope the OWS movement can see through this and stick to their guns.
If they don’t the OWS movement will lose the respect of the people that they have slowly started to gain.
I know that they will lose mine.
What do you think?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So Republicans have the TEA Party, now Democrats have the FLEA Party.

Sounds about right.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

It will happen, that is pretty much the whole point. It's not going to happen anytime soon, it will stay non-political for now with just "support" statements from politicians. I'd say early next year, around the Republican primary time and campaign kickoff....there will be more direct involvement. At some point I foresee Obama giving campaign speeches at OWS rallies.

Here's the thing...it HAS to become political...otherwise it is just a bunch of people yelling about not being happy. That doesn't solve anything, you have to work within the given system...and that means getting political.

And the thing is, it doesn't even matter if it is the "original" OWS group when it becomes political or not...the name will carry the energy. If Obama says he is speaking at an OWS rally...and the crowd only consist of 1% of "true" OWS people...doesn't matter.

Just like the Tea Party, you will have different OWS factions pop up...I'm sure just like the Tea Party they will say that they are against ALL who are currently in power. But in the end, you have to support the side that more closely alligns with your ideas...or you hand victory to the side that you are 100% against.

OWS has three options.

1) Go political and side with the Dems
2) Go political and be independent and single handedly ensure Republican victory
3) Fizzle out and die.

Only one of those options makes sense...think about it.

new topics

join