It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New law lets 12-year-olds consent to preventive care for STDs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here in Argentina we just started to implement a similar program of FREE public vaccinations for all girls 12+ for the HPV AND a massive information campaing about ways to prevent STDs, with free condoms in school and all..
And I agree wholeheartedly, even when I disagree with other policies of my gov't. The HPV is a VERY serious problem, child pregnancy is a VERY serious problem...
Kids nowadays start humping each other at about that age so THIS IS CLEARLY NEEDED, it doesn't matter which "belief" you may have, those are hard, cold, facts. How do you not get pregnant? use a condom.....

And we, (ARG) have a VERY different concept of the role of State in a society, it's the state's responsibility to make sure no kid get's excluded from this programs, it doesn't really matter to me what the parents think, they are human beings not leprechauns so If I use a condom to have safe sex, why shouldnt' them be able to?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

isnt that 16 ?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It's not that we "believe" what these companies say, it's just you present no solution. How are you going to stop the spread of STD's? It's a public health issue. You can't just say "tell them not to have sex". It's already proven it doesn't work.
edit on 10-10-2011 by antonia because: forgot a word

Here is a solution, we can tell them not to inject known toxins into their veins. Everything else will come with time. I wish I had all the answers but I don't. Would you willingly inject mercury into your arms? Yes or no?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

What kind of mercury are we talking about? There are different variations. Now, we come into contact with it everyday, we breathe it in, drink it, eat it-The death is in the dosage. heck, if you drink apple juice you ingest arsenic.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Doesn't that require money?

Seeing as how children can't be employed at the age of 12 (right? is that still the same?) how does this legislation make any sense?

Children are more likely to do this because "Ha I told you so" than any actual beneficial reason.
edit on 10-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Let's simplify the question. Which variation of mercury would you willingly put in your body?

BTW, apple juice has small traces of cyanide in the seeds which does not actually show up in the juice. I am confident that the arsenic myth is a lie. Perhaps you can prove me wrong?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
In the UK, if a child can prove they are ''Gillick Competant'', then the parents have absolutely no say over their childs medical health or of their childs medical confidentiality. So if a 13 year old wants an abortion, she does not have to tell her parents and can go and have it done and there is nothing their parents can do about it, they do not even have the right to know about it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

www.foodandwaterwatch.org...

the question is not simple, I come into contact with mercury everyday, so do you. It's a consquence of living in a developed country. You cannot determine what kind of harm will come to you with knowing A. what varaiation you will come in contact with and B. how much you will come in contact with. death is in the dosage not simple contact.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

My question was a simple yes or no answer.

The question was... "Would you willingly inject mercury into your veins?"

You then said "What kind of mercury are we talking about? There are different variations."

Then I responded with "Let's simplify the question. Which variation of mercury would you willingly put in your body?"

And then you said "...the question is not simple, I come into contact with mercury everyday, so do you..."

So here we are again. Back to square one even though I have rephrased the question twice for you. Yes, we come into mercury quite often in our daily lives including but not limited to our food supply. I do not willingly eat foods with mercury. I am aware of which foods can contain it and I avoid them as much as possible. I also will not willingly inject mercury into my veins.

Regardless of the mercury we may encounter in our daily lives, would you willingly inject your body with any of the variations of mercury?

The reason I ask is because you seem to be an advocate of vaccinations on this thread and a few other threads. That is fine, we are entitled to our opinion. Since you are and advocate, and you are avoiding the question, I am left with no choice but to automatically assume that you would willingly inject mercury into your veins.

Would you care to clarify?
edit on 12-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
so buy a lot of LEAP options on their stocks. you will become wealthy, according to what you claim. Options pay about 10x the amount of a stock move.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join