It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New law lets 12-year-olds consent to preventive care for STDs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

New law lets 12-year-olds consent to preventive care for STDs

latimesblogs.latimes.com

California Gov. Jerry Brown stepped into the middle of a debate over parental rights Sunday by signing legislation giving children 12 or older the power to consent to medical care involving the prevention of sexually transmitted disease.

Asssemblywoman Toni Atkins (D-San Diego) sponsored AB 499 with the aim of providing young people with timely preventative treatment, including the human papillomavirus [HPV] vaccine that proponents say can reduce the risk of certain cancers, precancerous cervical cell changes and genital warts.

The measure was backed by groups including the California S
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
gov.ca.gov
sherriequestioningall.blogspot.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Stealth Vaccine Laws Allow Children to Consent to Vaccines at the Age of 12
edit on 10-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I know this was discussed a while back when it was first mentioned. Now it looks like they are taking it to the next level. The legislation was signed yesterday. A lot of people don't agree with this. Many people say this gives children the option to override their parents decision. I think parents should have a say in what happens to their child, especially when it comes to vaccines. What worries me is if they allow this, what's next?

latimesblogs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hm, in the UK we already have preventative treatments for cervical cancer, but I do not agree with them at all. These children are (hopefully) not sexually active, and to be treated for STDs they do not have, is so wrong to me, so wrong.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Children are sub-human morons incapable of making rational decisions and as such are trusted to their parents as property until the age of 18, when their brains become capable of making decisions. This law is a crime against the natural superiority of parents over children!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
(ALWAYS) follow the money trail. Sally Lieber is a hypocrite and has self-centered interests.

This is so wrong in many ways.

HPV Bill Sally Lieber Owns Stock in Merck

The bill's original sponsor, Democrat Sally Lieber, dropped it after her family was discovered to own Merck stock. Merck is one of two pharmaceutical companies making the vaccine.

Speaking of whiffs of corruption, it appears about the only legislators remaining in support of the mandate are coincidentally also members of Women in Government, a group Merck has admitted it channeled $$ through to promote it. GlaxoSmithKline, the other pharmaceutical making the vaccine, also gave $$ to WiG.

Great Job Fox you picked Sally Lieber to speak in favor of the bill, lmao!

Sure let's pick an ex politician that was outed for owning stock in Merck, after introducing the HPV Vaccine Bill. Makes total sense to me now.

edit on 10-10-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Here is the text of the bill.

This is a cash cow for the pharmaceutical companies for sure. I bet their stocks go up with the passing of this bill. Unbelievable!

Here is a snippet:

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS: SECTION 1. Section 6926 of the Family Code is amended to read: 6926. (a) A minor who is 12 years of age or older and who may have come into contact with an infectious, contagious, or communicable disease may consent to medical care related to the diagnosis or treatment of the disease, if the disease or condition is one that is required by law or regulation adopted pursuant to law to be reported to the local health officer, or is a related sexually transmitted disease, as may be determined by the State Director of Health Services Public Health Officer

Sounds like mandatory flu shots. The wording says an infectious disease. So not just sexually transmitted. Let's say there is an outbreak of something this season. California kids may be pressured to take it under the false assumption that it is required.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Also, like all vaccines, it won't outright prevent contracting or developing the diseases. Pointless. Treat it if it happens, don't try to pre-empt what might not happen...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think the main problem here is the parents and the child are going to differ on the issue. If a kid wants to have sex they are going to, you can't stop that (unless you lock them up for the rest of their natural life). If people would talk about it maybe it wouldn't happen so much.

The figures are 1 in 4 teenage girls has a STD. I think most parents have a pretty terrible strategy for preventing STD's it would seem. Can't blame the state for wanting to do something. As long as it's not mandatory I think it's fine.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Would you expect a 12 year old to be able to make the right decision though? There are dangers to these vaccines, including at least 49 deaths linked to the Gardasil shot. I doubt a 12 year old is aware of the dangers of the mercury they put in the vaccines. I think parental consent should be mandatory unless they can prove that the child's life is in danger.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Cervical Cancer cause very real death too. It is linked to HPV. There has also been a rise in oral and throat cancers linked to HPV. That will kill you too.

Maybe that should be explained in a sex ed class, but then ya'll would get up in arms screaming about how it's encouraging your kids to get their freak on. I actually think kids should sit in class, get a dildo (in high school) and be taught how to put a condom on. Might lower these godawful STD rates.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

That is true, parents always know the dangers and are qualified medical professionals aware of the latest advances in medicine and the newest data available in the appropriate scientific journals!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yay California.

On one hand, they allow 12 year old children the right to determine their own sexual activities.

On the other hand, they ban anyone under the age of 18, the right to use a tanning salon. . . er. . . because they aren't old enough to make those types of decisions.

(Reuters) - Minors in the state of California will no longer be allowed to use tanning beds after Governor Jerry Brown signed a bill on Sunday prohibiting anyone under the age of 18 from using ultraviolet tanning devices.

California is the first state in the nation to ban minors from using tanning beds, legislators said.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Being realistic here, 12 is exactly the age that i lost my virginity at. So.... 12 year olds can be sexually active. In fact, everyone i know(well, thats told me) had sex by at least 15.

Isn't this just a vaccine though?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
Children are sub-human morons incapable of making rational decisions and as such are trusted to their parents as property until the age of 18, when their brains become capable of making decisions. This law is a crime against the natural superiority of parents over children!

I must be slow today. I just realized this post and your following one was sarcasm. Please read my next post so I can respond to your next post. Absolutely unreal that people blindly believe the BS these pharmaceutical companies spread.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It's not that we "believe" what these companies say, it's just you present no solution. How are you going to stop the spread of STD's? It's a public health issue. You can't just say "tell them not to have sex". It's already proven it doesn't work.
edit on 10-10-2011 by antonia because: forgot a word

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Serious response: Most parents are just as naive about medical science as their children are. They have no more expertise than their kids. So if the parents are morons and refuse to let their kids get an anti-cancer vaccine, why shouldn't the kids be allowed to say "Whoah, hold up mom, you're a nutjob and I don't want to die"?
edit on 10-10-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap

That is true, parents always know the dangers and are qualified medical professionals aware of the latest advances in medicine and the newest data available in the appropriate scientific journals!

Well. I can guarantee you one thing. Parents are in a much better position to know about certain information. It is the parent's responsibility to look out for their child. It is the parent's responsibility to be aware of some of the following bits of information. Only a brainwashed fool would expect a 12 year old to know the following information over their parents.

Gardasil HPV vaccines found contaminated with recombinant DNA that persists in human blood

(NaturalNews) In seeking answers to why adolescent girls are suffering devastating health damage after being injected with HPV vaccines, SANE Vax, Inc decided to have vials of Gardasil tested in a laboratory. There, they found over a dozen Gardasil vaccine vials to be contaminated with rDNA of the Human Papillomavirus (HPV). The vials were purchased in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Poland and France, indicating Gardasil contamination is a global phenomenon.

United Nations Urged To Ban Mercury In Vaccines

Reports of Health Concerns Following HPV Vaccination(CDC)

I could go on for ever but I will stop now. The safety of vaccines are questionable at the very least. To defend the state of California and the Vaccine manufacturers is just insanity. I am sure some of you will still disagree in your blind faith in what ever your government tells you

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The safety of vaccines are questionable because certain vested interests invest massive sums of money in contra-vaccine research. Then they invest in propagating the results of that research in scientific journals and in mainstream journalism. It's economic warfare for and against rich people. How can the parents, who know nothing about medical science and are unable to perform experiments for their own edification tell which side in this war is correct?

The children are the subject of the vaccine. They have MUCH greater responsibility for their own welfare than their parents. Their parents get scared by the tee vee and decide not to vaccinate them because Science-Man one says that Science-Man Two may be wrong. The parent may care about their kid but they are not the main beneficiary of that kid's welfare. If the kid wants to override their parents' paranoia then that is their natural right.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Here is another example on how "safe" vaccines are:

Finland vows care for narcolepsy kids who had swine flu shot

The Finnish government and major insurance companies announced Wednesday they will pay for lifetime medical care for children diagnosed with narcolepsy after receiving the swine flu vaccine. “The compensation will provide much-needed financial assistance for the families, although it cannot take away the emotional distress caused by this condition,” Social Services and Health Minister Paula Risikko said in a statement. Finnish and international researchers recently found a conclusive link between the Pandemrix swine flu vaccine and new cases of narcolepsy, a chronic nervous system disorder which causes people to often uncontrollably fall asleep.

It's funny how I stopped getting sick once I stopped getting shot up with their medicine.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Is it any surprise that a law would be passed allowing 12 year olds their own consent to a big pharma vaccine... 12 year olds that, otherwise, have no say in anything else in their life without parental consent...

Any question as to who is truly running the country ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join