It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal and Non-violent Plan to Win the War against the Elite.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Boycotts! Massive TARGETED boycotts will win the war on the elite!

Just running around in the street screaming about Wall Street is not enough.

WE NEED TO CAUSE THESE PEOPLE REAL PAIN!

There is a certain sure way to win the war against the elite that is very, very, basic.
Initiate a massive WORLD WIDE movement on identified entities such as Fox News, Goldman Saks, to be boycotted into economic starvation.

The elite only know one language and that is the language of money. Starve their financial instruments that feed their greed and they will wilt like rotten fruit.

That will work ONLY if it is organized on a massive scale.

A organized effort from many groups from the political spectrum can unite millions of consumers in this war and bury the greedy organizations that are responsible for the destruction of the economy.

We can even target individual states of politicians who don’t want to play ball and submit to reason.

Here is an example of how this can work:

We chose through research an entity to target. We pick Goldman Sacks.

All entities associated with the organization behind the boycotts ask its members to disinvest all and every of their resources in this predatory company. We go on the air with TV commercials, send thousands of people to the companies headquarters like the OWS protests. We advertise WHY WE HAVE CHOSEN THIS COMPANY and inform the people of their predatory practices, and how to participate in the boycott.
Get Hollywood people, Athletes, politicians as well to participate.
We make this company a pariah amongst civilized society until we starve it out of existence or they submit to ceasing their predatory practices.

Then we target the next predatory company or entity and start on them. Soon others like them will see the damage done to them and they will start changing on their own before we get to them.

This will work and is non-violent and entirely legal.

It only takes will.

edit on 10-10-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have always said this exact same thing and have heard others express this idea a hundred times. Sign me up. It's a great plan if we can get everyone we know, everyone they know, everyone that knows everyone else. It may take a bit of sacrifice on ourselves, however, even if we boycotted them for a few days on a massive scale they would feel the crunch.

Tired of everything going up up up and not a penny increase on our salaries! Let's do it!

xoxo Suz

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
i think that in order to bring about real change there will have to be blood.
have you ever heard of a peaceful revolution that was successful?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Supply and demand is the most sound of all economic principals. All a boycott does is lower the price of something by lowering demand which generates more sales. Sure the corporation might take a short-term hit, but when the demand is reduced and the company drops its prices, folks will jump back on the bandwagon and purchase those items at the lower price. Its what happens everytime and why, although logical in theory, the psychology of the masses and ingrained consumer behavior makes them unsuccessful.

When a company specific boycott is attempted, say a boycott of Toyotas, two things happen. The price of the domestic auto increases due to increased demand and the price of the Toyotas decreases, ending the boycott in short order. At some level of price, individual's economic needs exceed the value of the principal of the boycott. If I can now get a loaded Tundra for 40% less than it was a year ago, I'm going to buy the Tundra, knowing that the boycott won't last for ever anyway and when it does, the 40% savings will be in my pocket.

The kind of boycott that would be successful and not be subject to supply and demand would be a behavioral based boycott. For example, protesting the high price of major league sporting event tickets by not watching sports, thus reducing the add revenue the leagues get. Supply and demand would still impact actual ticket sales, but for example, were nobody to watch the NFL for a month, there would be changes, such as caps on ticket prices or a percentage of tickets available for general admission at a reasonable price. The same thing would work for cable TV prices. If several million folks stopped watching cable for a few months, rates would drop. They would drop because cable is an infrastructure based product with structural costs that are less subject to supply and demand than physical products.

That would be a simple boycott, in theory, but tell the folks to turn off their football on Sunday and see what happens.

The principal is sound, but I think that in order for the boycott model to be effective, the masses would need to be trained in its use by starting small, seeing how it could in fact work and increasing the extent over time. It could work, but it would take a lot of organizing, education and committment.

The beauty of the model of course is that it is 100% libertarian/freedom based and based on sound economic principals.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I'm going to be honest with you. I read your first line and rolled your eyes. You aren't the first person to come up with the fantastic idea, and you certainly won't be the last.

But allow me to burst your bubble. Yes, boycotts are legal and non-violent, but no, they will not win the war against the elite. Why is that? Because there is not enough support.

Even if say, every person participating in the Occupy movement decided to start a boycott, and EVERYONE involved joined in - it still wouldn't be enough to have an effect, and the rest of the 99% aren't about to give up their complacency of luxuries based on a chance of something working.

So sure, boycotts are great, but the fact is there will never be enough people willing to boycott something to make an impact. And even if there was what would it do? Cause a megacorporation to lay off a few thousand more workers? Push prices lower in an attempt to gain more business? Who exactly is it targeting and why? The boycotts aren't going to get DC to change their laws on corporations or allow people to have their freedoms back.

So I am saying - don't waste your time or effort because it is fruitless in the end. There is only one thing that is going to change this country, and as time ticks away and each method is proven to be unreliable and completely unsuccessful, people are going to realize that the method I have been spouting on about for the last four years is the only method that has a hope of changing anything. Period.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

It really makes me sad to say this, but you're absolutely right!

new topics

top topics

join