It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex and drugs on tap, who says it's not a political partaaay? Occupy Wall Street protesters make lo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
From the article. I did a search and didn't find it. Mods, I'm conflicted as to post this in Alternative news or this forum. Do your thing if need be.

It started as a gathering of furious youngsters, protesting about the supposed lack of opportunities for the average American.

But then the freeloaders came along.

As the Occupy Wall Street protest continued in full strength in Manhattan this weekend, the atmosphere in New York's financial district became increasingly debauched.

Conspicuously living among the politically active in the makeshift village in Zuccotti Park are opportunistic junkies and homeless people - making the most of the free food on offer.

Also present and infuriating the hard core of activists are a number of teens looking to turn the gathering into an urban rave.

I have personally seen the homeless, who were mostly ignored at the OWS rally here in Cleveland. I believe that I even saw a guy who had tried to rob me a few years back. (Kept my eye on him).

As long as this continues, people won’t remember why there were protests other than the trash, public sex and vagrants. It will effectively kill the movement.

Well, so will the lack of a cohesive message.

It is good that they are trying to police themselves though and that says alot. Maybe they could use the union members as security?

But I really don’t see much good coming from that idea as the Rolling Stones found out that using the Hell’s Angels as security didn’t work out to well did it?

Any ideas , thoughts?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 10-10-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I was just at OWS saturday night. My friend and I brought in a bunch of food for the campers.
It smelled exactly like you thought it would. Patchouli and sweat. There were many junkies and vagrants interspersed with the protesters. People I spoke to there said morale was low after some thefts occured among the campers (notebooks full of writings, journals, laptops)( kids were crying), probably by junkos or homeless.
They need a way to get some showers in there.
Also, there are already mumurs of plans in the works to dig in for the winter.
edit on 10-10-2011 by dashen because: OWS

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Personally I think our friends in the media/psy-ops business are working overtime.
I'll bet they are just pooping their pants. People are coming together in spite of
their best efforts. I think it's great that people are able to put differences aside, i.e.
religion, skin color, sexual preference or other demographics and realize they
have a common goal. They have been enslaved equally.
This is exactly what TPTB are afraid of.

Just remember OP, the media has a stake in this. The media is owned by the
very people the protestors are calling attention to.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I read the article and saw some of the pictures as well as the personal accounts of attendees who have witnessed the rapid decay of this event. It's no surprise really. The travelers have descended on this movement as have the trustafarians. Neither have a care in the world. They float from one event/party to another while catching a Phish concert somewhere in between.

This OWS movement will soon collapse under its own weight. The Unions are involved and one NY based groups affiliated with ACORN and SEIU are taking out ads in Craigslist to hire protesters in New York.
www.workingfamiliesparty.org...

I'd say that the few grass roots that were planted have been killed with a hefty dose of Round UP.

I love this image. It really says it all. I hope these people clean up after themselves

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

I love this image. It really says it all. I hope these people clean up after themselves

As just having been there, they are actually doing a GREAT job of cleaning up after themselves. There is a table where they collect all the shopping bags for use as garbage bags. and any trash is removed immediately. the only thing that smells is the compost station that they set up in the middle of the park (they have corn growing in it already, awesome) and the campers themselves (may the lord send them a shower)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
ummm, i have not had a lot of time to really delve into the OWS movement aside from reading up on a few threads here, so maybe I am missing their point, But wouldnt uniting with the "less desirable" people only strengthen their message? Who cares if the homeless people ar ehoping for some food? They are probably homeless because they were unable to play the financial games that OWS are protesting about. The OWS should embrace them all, hold them up on their shoulders and cry out to wall street that this is what they want to see an end to. OWS is about the 99%, if they wanted to leave druggies and homeless and prostitutes out of it they should be calling themselves the 77%. I understand that standing shoulder to shoulder with some of these people may be hard, but the protesters need to realize that they have even more reason to be there than anyone else. The protesters have a frustrating life - debt, bankruptcy, lack of jobs - but they are the luckiest of the 99%. The least lucky and the ones in most need of urgent help are the ones that not even the 99% want to help. Speaks volumes for the movement IMHO. As for the teens wanting to rave, again, let them - we all make our statement in our own way. Unite with them and make up some ground rules, or create some borders, but unite. talk amongst themselves and they will succeed. If they already are fractured because of lifestyle and income levels and status, then they have already lost, and all the PTB need to do is sit back ad let them die off.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Good to hear. The picture I posted was from DC. Let's hope they clean up. Not to side track, but, when I was in college I worked security for a local arena and we dreaded the arrival of Phish heads and Dead Heads when those bands came to town. Our parking lot served as their dumpster and clean out depot on their way to the next concert. Yes, they would dump the contents of their camper toilets in the parking lot. Anyway, I see the same crowd in all of the footage of these events. It's like groundhog day...
edit on 10-10-2011 by jibeho because: typo

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

True, true, true and....... Opps
Street action always falls prey to the wayward and the unaffiliated youth. Im actually surprised this all hasn't " gone south" yet. It's a testament to the stalwart that it hasn't, I suppose.

However, Tdawg, the stereotyypical representation of union members as drunken brawlers in your reference to a gang of narcissistic thugs was a disappointment.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

A lot of the people at OWS are rainbow gathering kids, nice, drug addled, optomistic kids. They could change the world in positive ways. The junkies on the other hand are parasitic in nature, they lie cheat and steal to get their next fix (i know from experience dealing with junkies that they are not like regular people). So I seriously hope this keeps going despite the "drainbows" (its what the rainbow kids call the parasites and low- people. cute, no?)

edit on 10-10-2011 by dashen because: sp.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

True, true, true and....... Opps
Street action always falls prey to the wayward and the unaffiliated youth. Im actually surprised this all hasn't " gone south" yet. It's a testament to the stalwart that it hasn't, I suppose.

However, Tdawg, the stereotyypical representation of union members as drunken brawlers in your reference to a gang of narcissistic thugs was a disappointment.

I'm just thinking that when emotions get high, violence usually ensues and I have been around a few brawls involving union folk. They usually pool together and proceed to kick butt, regardless of whether right or wrong.

Besides, it was ment more tongue in cheek, but that didn't come across that way did it?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

"Besides, it was ment more tongue in cheek, but that didn't come across that way did it? "

I'm sure for many it was taken that way. I was on the fence actually. I grew up in a suburb of Oakland, watched that club for most of my youth and was at the Altamont Speedway in 69. I then worked in and out of unions until I retired so I'm a bit testy on those comparisons.

top topics

join