It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Jailed for Chocolate Murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I saw the article on this, and thought Errr... what?
I had the mental image of a man stabbing someone with a bar of Cadbury's or something. Turns out it's a little more sinister.

Linky

A man has been jailed for life after carrying out a murder with a sword after a bust up over a chocolate bar. William McArdle, 25, killed one man and left another fighting for his life at Castleview House in the Gilmerton area of Edinburgh on 11 January. Last month McArdle was found guilty of killing William McPhee, 43, and attempting to murder Colin Stewart, 41. He was told at the High Court in Edinburgh he must serve at least 22 years in prison for the attacks. Chanelle Barrett, 19, who last month was convicted of assaulting Mr McPhee, and of the attempted murder of Mr Stewart, received a nine-year sentence. Judge Michael O'Grady said: "It seems almost beyond belief that a trivial dispute over a bar of chocolate could set in train events that would lead to one man dead and one man struggling for his life.

For real.
A man murdered a guy and attempted to murder another over A CHOCOLATE bar... with a SWORD!!
I hope that chocolate bar was made with the tears of a unicorn and the cocoa beans farmed by a thousand virgins, with a taste which will leave you in a perpetual state of euphoria...
edit on 10-10-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Hey, try and get my Cadbury's fruit and nuts.

It is amazing what make folk go into a frenzy, I mean, a bar of chocolate?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This is a disturbing story indeed but I have my doubts that a chocolate bar was the reason for the initial dispute...
Also, looking at the picture of the killers face, looks like his soul has shipped out already...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The article goes on to say that the guy showed a considerable lack of concern for his victims. Seems pretty psychopathic in it's self, and the fact it was over a chocolate bar... with a sword...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkAvenger

The picture in the article shows the victims face, not the killers.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
My best-friend was stabbed repeatedly when he confronted someone who owed him six bucks. I did not attend the court proceedings, and I do not know the specifics as that was really between him and his assailant. The guy got 25 years, this was back in 1985. My friend was just turning 25 years old so I guess the murderer got a year for each year of my friends short life.

I did manage to see the autopsy report and this was not about self-defense it was about making sure someone's life was extinguished.

My friend, Kevin should have been turning 50 now, he missed out on nieces and nephews and although he did not have children I am certain that he would have had a large family himself.

Six bucks! Chocolate bars! Oil! To me it is all worthlessness compared to the life that was taken! I pray that there is a Heaven so that there is a Hell and not just this one!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

This is why I tell psychologists I hate people.

and they dont get it.

There are people who will do this......

I want to go away badly... just anywhere that I dont have to deal with this..

god, and people say they love life - wake up to this in your face... I want to just go bush and be fre of it all, yet I cant,, I am forced to exist here....

NOT HAPPY JAN..

the world is doomed.....

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It's obvious this guy has a serious problem with impulse control and probably suffers from a mental illness. There are broken people in this world, sad but true.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It is sad but true. I found his Facebook page, wasn't hard, and he looks and writes like a heathen lol
My snap judgement just from looking at him and judging his lifestyle is that he probably did too many drugs, developed mental issues and went stir crazy over something worthless. The fact that his girlfriend helped him is also disgusting.
The image of the gentle and fair creatures we once were is disappearing to be swallowed by this loud mouthed, heavy drinking, baby spilling mess. Makes me sad.
I wish I could have lived 150 years ago. I'd be behaving like a proper lady, be courted by a gentleman, rather than offered a drink in a club by a beered up loser with body odour... *sigh*

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Or you'd be handed off to some scum you hated by your father who wanted an alliance of some sort.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkAvenger

The picture on the link, is the picture of the deceased!
Looks like someone already told you though.

edit on (10/10/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I bet he will request a chocolate bar for his last meal.

Peace to all.

join