It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone believe that the Founding Fathers of the U.S. were Free Masons ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Does anyone believe that the Founding Fathers of the U.S. were Free Masons and part of the New World Order Conspiracy or NWO Puppets ? I always hear Alex Jones say U.S. Presidents like Carter Reagan and Bush are Puppets of the Illuminati well why can't America's Early Presidents also be Puppets of the Illuminati I have a Book that states this my question is it true that Alex Jones used to believe this my understanding is that many of the Founding Fathers were Deists ?

www.amazon.com...

edit on 10-10-2011 by mikejohnson2006 because: I misspelled a word

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mikejohnson2006

Certainly, a number of the US founding fathers were Masons and so were a large percentage of those that signed your constitution.

Edit: Puppets? No, not at all. (and this is coming from a Brit) Visionaries? Most certainly.
Washington was a great man and had a view of a great future. Shame it went wrong.
edit on 10/10/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Edited for further text

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mikejohnson2006

This is kind of long but very interesting and yes they certainly were.

Eye of the Phoenix - Secrets of the Dollar Bill

Google Video Link

edit on 10-10-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Sorry for the long post but why is Alex Jones always saying he likes the Founding Fathers if they were Masons ?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
A handful of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, as well as the Constitution of the United States were freemasons. But, since masons have nothing to do with those actually running the show from behind the scenes, our founding fathers were not part of some conspiracy or anything. Plus, back then things were much different than they are today, politically, socially, economically, etc.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Because being in a secret society with a deep history for and against the church (Holy See, Vatican), makes it difficult to tell exactly who was on who's side.

If you read the writings of some fellows like Thomas Paine or Jefferson, etc, you will get an idea of how each individual thought and what they believed.

You have to judge them individually, because for example if you read Alexander Hamilton you will see he was disagreeing with Jefferson, etc. Federalists vs Anti-Federalists.
Don't forget the Anti-Masonic Party

The Anti-Masonic Party (also known as the Anti-Masonic Movement) was the first "third party" in the United States.[1] It strongly opposed Freemasonry and was founded as a single-issue party aspiring to become a major party. It introduced important innovations to American politics, such as nominating conventions and the adoption of party platforms.

Some people were good, some were neutral, and some were bad. History is a mixed bag, you can't just paint a whole generation/geographic location in time with the same brush. Everyone is different.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I believe they were reptilian Aliens,
and their space ships hologrammed to look like 16th century sailing vessels.

True

edit on 10-10-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Read this Common Sense.

Thomas Paine has a claim to the title The Father of the American Revolution because of Common Sense, the pro-independence monograph pamphlet he anonymously published on 1776; signed "Written by an Englishman", the pamphlet became an immediate success.

And maybe Rights of Man
Thomas Paine wiki

It is a perversion of terms to say that a charter gives rights. It operates by a contrary effect — that of taking rights away. Rights are inherently in all the inhabitants; but charters, by annulling those rights, in the majority, leave the right, by exclusion, in the hands of a few... They... consequently are instruments of injustice.

Mason or not, this guy was an anarchist and in my book, a good guy. I don't care how drunk he was.

edit on 10-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Kudos muzzle. I learned about that party yesterday, and was about to do a reply on it. This is an outtake from the article;

In New York at this time the faction supporting President John Quincy Adams, called "Adams men," or the "Anti-Jackson" faction, were a very feeble organization, and shrewd political leaders at once determined to utilize the strong anti-Masonic feeling in creating a new and vigorous party to oppose the rising Jacksonian Democracy. In this effort they were aided by the fact that Andrew Jackson was a high-ranking Mason and frequently spoke in praise of the Order.

To me, it's obvious "they" at this time didn't have the free masonic groups under their control. Andrew Jackson frequently fought the central bank in the US. This is a quote of his;

"The bold effort the present (central) bank had made to control the government ... are but premonitions of the fate that await the American people should they be deluded into a perpetuation of this institution or the establishment of another like it."

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

Take off them damned sunglasses and obey.
2nd

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by OleMB

Take off them damned sunglasses and obey.
2nd

Haha

This is Jackson "killing the bank" in 1833, with his veto to re-charter the bank in 1833. Notice how the banksters are depicted. Non-human like, with the head of the central bank pictured as the devil himself, running scared with the monstrous bank building trembling to the ground;

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
firstly i would take anything that alex jones says with a grain of salt.. him calling people puppets is like the pot calling the kettle black..

on the subject of masons.. i dont know the full history of the u.s but it is widely believed and documented that the founding fathers were masonic.. there is also alot evidence in places like washington to suggest this was the case..

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikejohnson2006
Does anyone believe that the Founding Fathers of the U.S. were Free Masons...

Some were. Others weren't.

... and part of the New World Order Conspiracy or NWO Puppets ?

The "New World Order Conspiracy" was the conspiracy to establish an independent, sovereign republic in the New World. They were pretty open about it.

I always hear Alex Jones say U.S. Presidents like Carter Reagan and Bush are Puppets of the Illuminati well why can't America's Early Presidents also be Puppets of the Illuminati

The Illuminati was founded in 1776, after the Revolution began. Given the communication delay between America and Germany in the 18th century, it's unlikely the Illuminati could pull any strings in the New World. Washington later condemned the Illuminati, calling them "diabolical."

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Heres some further reading on George Washington being a Free Mason..

LINK

Safe to say, yes our founding fathers were masons

new topics

top topics

join