It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canary Islands, El Hierro probably is going to erupt today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
To put a little extra conspiracy into the mix.... They can trigger these things by setting off subterranean explosives such as nukes. I once read a report about this and the correlations between quakes.

Any testing going on around 240 degrees east ?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the update on this - have been watching for news about this volcano.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
yes it has erupted, just been on the news. But no risks for the island.
Seen some videos from the eruption underwater,some plumes also on the surface,coming out the water.
will try to find on the internet for some videos.
Confirmation of the eruption.
Spanish text.
planoinformativo.com...
www.noticiasgrancanaria.com...
edit on 10-10-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Thank you IGF, pressure and trembling still going up ..

New update ..

edit on 10-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

I would like to see the videos.
BTW, the image on this site: planoinformativo.com... is from the Tonga eruption in 2009.
in-vovo.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Please, be aware that although some media are saying that an eruption is taking place, up to now scientists and authorities have NOT confirmed the eruption and only say that a "possible" eruption is taking place.

They are still unsure if it is a undersea volcanic eruption or only gas release. They are using the terms "probably", "likely" "possible", but never confirm the event adding that they need more evidence...

Pevolca is meeting now -since 8 pm (that is 3 hours ago)- We are looking forward to hearing the summary of their meeting...

Regards,
Ptolomeo

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Let´s see this news posted before so that you can understand what I mean:
www.noticiasgrancanaria.com...

La erupción submarina de El Hierro comenzó, supuestamente, a las cinco de la mañana del 10 de octubre y no se descartan nuevas erupciones

Translation: the submarine eruption of El Hierro began, allegedly, at 5 am on October 10 and other eruptions are not ruled out.

The news continues saying:

Según ya se ha publicado en diversos medios de información, por qué en este tema parece que la autoridad competente en informar es inexistente, la erupción submarina a aproximadamente 5 kilómetros de La Restringa, costa de el sur de la isla de El Hierro, se ha a producido a 1.000 metros de profundidad, sin descartar nuevas vías de fuga de erupciones.

Translation: As has already been published in various media, why does it seem that the information about this given by the competent authority is nonexistent, the submarine eruption at about 5 kilometers from La Restringa, on the southern coast of the island of El Hierro, has taken place at depth of 1,000 meters, without ruling out further eruptions leak paths.

I wonder if they are not sure if the eruption will only be a submarine one and limited to El Hierro or if they are being so cautious because they are afraid of an eruption inland and another one at Cumbre Vieja (La Palma)?

I assume we will have to wait and see.
Regards,
Ptolomeo

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It is 11.16 pm (Madrid time) and Pevolca has just confirmed a submarine eruption 5 km. off the island of El Hierro.

Finally, it is official.

Regards,
Ptolomeo

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Video news ..

edit on 10-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The volcano itself is relieving it's stress through a submarine vent? Now what does that tell us?

Has the hot spot moved ? Or is the actual Volcano larger than what we originally thought?

Both are possible however if I was in the area, I would be getting out. If we see a full scale eruption it is quite easy to say European travel will again take a blunt hit, even if an ash cloud does not spew, due to the general perception by population. This eruption has been a long time coming and in the end, it'll add to the list of attractions the Canary islands already boast.

No point in continuing to panic, put your energies and emotions into preparing and everything will be fine. Although, it'll be interesting to see the main island event. Lets hope the submarine eruption is large enough even though i highly doubt it will be.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by manticorex5
is this volcano a super volcano or something? because i all see about it here it's people trying to convince other people that there's no way that could create a tsunami etc so is not even really that dangerous like yellowstone?
No one else seems to be dropping a reply to your question so I'll offer a try.

La Palma Island and the Tsunami Issue

The Canary islands are one of those VERY few places on Earth where a worst case scenario event would truly come on a scale it's hard to comprehend in modern times. I try to just ignore that whole chain of Islands exist at all, but the news of pressure releasing underwater is certainly good news if it's having the effect we all hope it is. Maybe we miss one more bullet for our lifetimes, anyway. It would be nice.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I already see whats going on

Imagine it this way....

The pressure is being relieved from below the sea floor. Sounds like everything will be ok.....NOPE!!!!

Does anyone know whats located at that spot were its venting?

If it erupts as a major eruption it can still create a tsunami maybe not as large as one from a landslide but yes one can happen due to water displacement and if that area is a super volcano well............just imagine how big of a tsunami that can make just saying.

If it stays releasing gas and magma at a constant pace then we are good and its just land growing.

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Two meters is still significant. The tsunami would most likely come from land displacement. which means a landslide. If would be a large wave if that's the case. There is geologic evidence of previous Tsunamis on the East coast thought to come from the Canary Islands.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Still going up ..

Much higher from last night ..

www.mantleplumes.org...
edit on 11-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Here is graph from La Palma readings, nothing unusual ..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
RESUMEN DE LA ACTIVIDAD SISMO‐VOLCÁNICA EN EL HIERRO
11 de octubre de 2011

On October 10 about 4:15 UTC (5:15 local time) in all the seismic stations of the volcano monitoring network in El Hierro National Geographic Institute (IGN) began register a sign of volcanic low-frequency tremor, which showed greater amplitude in the southernmost station on the island, in La Restinga. T

he recent analysis of GPS data Records show that the deformation has been observed in recent weeks has changed its trend. In the next few hours should be further analyzed evolution of this trend. About 16:00, a reconnaissance flight over the sea the south of the island were located many dead fish floating on the surface to about few kilometers from the coast in the area where seismic events were located low magnitude that occurred on October 9, with depths of about 2 km.

These data show the occurrence of a submarine eruption. It is estimated that the center issuer of this eruption is between 4 and 7 km from the southern tip of the island of El Hierro. This initial stage of the eruption requires careful and constant monitoring of the activity, to detect possible changes in the dynamics of the system. From the Center of Attention Permanent (CAP), located in La Restinga, will coordinate this surveillance, involving researchers and technicians from the National Geographic Institute and the Higher Council of Research

www.02.ign.es...

www.elmundo.es...

El Hierro Volcano, live update ..

www.tenerifemagazine.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Last update, very soon we see level of incising graph only on spectrogram ..

Seismogram be soon over range if incising continue ..

La Palma ..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Earthquakes from last days ..

www.01.ign.es...

Here you can see trembling and magma moving in US, southern California ..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Made a mistake, oops.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Hm. Interesting. I just realized that the dream I had about a month ago (and posted about on this site) seems to correspond to the location. I had dreamed of an eruption in this area, and tsunami that would hit our coast of South France here. I didn't think much further on it, because I just wasn't aware of any volcanoes there.

I can't help but watch this one! It would be strange if my dream ended up being accurate!
-It would also make me very glad my daughter changed her mind and didn't go the the university at Montpellier, where she'd be living on the coast.....

Is normal to dream things like that ..

Every days we all wrote for that and similar possible situation ..

So nothing we have from your or other dreams ..

For you is very real in dreams ..

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join