It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children to be banned from blowing up balloons, under EU safety rules

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Children to be banned from blowing up balloons, under EU safety rules

www.telegra ph.co.uk

Children are to be banned from taking part in traditional Christmas games, from blowing up balloons to blowing on party whistles, because of new EU safety rules that have just entered into force The EU toy safety directive, agreed and mplemented by Government, states that balloons must not be blown up by unsupervised children under the age of eight, in case they accidentally swallow them and choke. Despite having been popular favourites for generations of children, party games including whist
(visit the link for the full news article)

Well, throwing lead tinsel on Christmas trees used to be a traditional Christmas activity also, but it was banned due to health reasons. Do you think they should bring that back also?

FYI, the leading cause of toy-related deaths for children under six years of age is from choking on latex balloons.
edit on 11-10-2011 by TheFlash because: add link

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Snippy23

I'm so sorry that you had such a terrible childhood. I believe every child has the right to a happy and safe upbringing. But I won't apologise for loving the era that I grew up in.

I worry for the youngsters of today growing up with low self-esteem, lack of confidence causing them to hide away under thier hoods so they don't have to have an actual conversation with anyone out of thier peer group.

Peace

edit on 11-10-2011 by MissConstrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Protesting this should be easy.

Step 1, buy a whole bunch of balloons.

Step 2 invite the neighborhood kids down in front of whichever govt. building houses the dolts responsible for this.

Step 3 have said kids blow up said balloons (and not die in the process)

* If the kids ask why, tell them that building houses the "fun police".

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join