It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Pastor On Romney: Don't Vote For A Mormon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I am getting up there in years, and sometimes I think I've seen and heard it all. There's not too much to change my basic values when it comes to politics.

Then a story like this comes about, and pretty much shakes the foundations of my beliefs. In this case, I would never have thought that in 2011, a person's religion would be the basis of whether I would vote for him/her. We should be way past that, I would think.

At the Values Voter Summit in Washington on Friday, the pastor of a mega church in Dallas introduced Rick Perry to the Summit with just that very declaration: Don't vote for Romney because he is a Mormons and Mormonism is a cult!

A pastor of a mega church in Dallas said Friday that Republicans shouldn't vote for White House hopeful Mitt Romney because he's a Mormon and described the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a "cult."

"I think Mitt Romney's a good, moral man, but those of us who are born again followers of Christ should prefer a competent Christian," said Robert Jeffress, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Dallas, which has a congregation of about 10,000 and has long been considered a highly-influential church in evangelical circles.

Link

I shudder to think that all Baptists think this way; I hope he is just a singular moonbat. Even if Mormonism does fit some remote category of his, why should religion be a consideration in how we vote? TG JFK was elected despite being a Catholic!

Btw, there are many supporting stories at the bottom of the article.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

There are plenty of reasons to vote/not vote for Romney.
His religon should be used as a basis oh, at the same level as if he was a coke/pepsi drinker*.

*Yes I know, LDS members don't drink caffeine.

edit on 10-10-2011 by beezzer because: e

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I just watched the pastor being interviewed by Bill Hemmer, Fox News. When he wasn't stuttering, he was backpedaling away from what he said. Tried to introduce a new term to justify his bs -- "evangelical cult", I think he called it? Wearing a frozen smile the whole time...

What a weasel!
edit on 10-10-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The right keeps pretending that it isn't a problem -- but they courted the fundamentalists and it is a problem no matter what the preacher says -- he still believes that a vote for Romney is a vote for Satan -- goes around comes around

www.wnd.com...

new topics

top topics

join