It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entities or Imagination Gone Wild?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have recently had two very strange but somewhat similar events happen to me over the past several weeks.

The first one happened one morning when I was just falling back to sleep and was starting to dream. The brief dream was about how I met some girl, who I've actually never met or seen in real life. Shortly afterwards, as I was waking up I could have *sworn* there was someone laying next to me who had been kissing me. Now I've had sex-dreams and whatnot before plenty of times, but the strange part was just how real it felt when I woke up - almost like someone had been there and vaporized as I had woken up. I felt an actual physical presence. This was the only time it had ever happened so I kind of shrugged it off and went about the day.

I don't think it was more than a week later when it was morning again and I was in a light sleep. This time I woke up feeling a female presence sitting right behind me, saying things that made it obvious she wanted to seduce me. It was then I felt something grabbing at my crotch and I tried to turn around to see who it was. I had stayed the night at a girl - friend's house of mine and thought maybe she'd somehow gotten some wild hair that morning and was messing with me. I tried to turn around to see who it was but I was virtually paralyzed. Shortly after that I woke up completely and turned around to find no one with me on the couch at all... still left with the distinct and overwhelming sense that someone had physically been there.

Has anyone else had experiences like this? Are my dreams starting to blend with my sense of reality? Am I being molested or toyed with by a playful female spirit? Or am I just losing my mind?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If you had any sense of contorl it could have been lucid dreaming

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I've had dreams like that before. They feel so real they must be true. But they aren't.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I once had a very realistic dream like you are describing. I still remember it like yesterday.

I had a dream around 2-3 years ago about some sort of alien creature with metallic razor like teeth that was inspecting my body as I was standing up, and just before I woke up the alien bit down on the back of my head really hard. Strange thing is when I woke up I could actually feel a really bad pain where the teeth were. It actually only felt bad where I dreamed the teeth had bit down on me, and nowhere else. I had this painful feeling for about a day before it subsided, but I still remember it vividly. The even scarier thing about this dream was that their was no way any object was poking me during the night, so I'm still at a lose of words to describe this exactly.

Another time, I was dreaming that I was being lifted into some sort of craft and these alien like creature's were examining me. (Hmmm....I seem to have a lot of these dreams:lol
. Anyhow, I dreamed that they were drilling something behind my ear, and when I woke up I had what appeared to be a small triangular shaped incision behind one of my ears. The "scar" disappeared within 3-4 months afterwards, but to this day I have no idea what caused it. Interesting to say the least....

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Read this explanaiton.

Relationship between the hypnagogic/hypnopompic states and reports of anomalous experiences

Simon J. Sherwood

Department of Psychology
The University of Edinburgh
Edinburgh EH8 9JZ

Abstract

A whole range of anomalous experiences have been reported during the borderline hypnagogic or hypnopompic states which surround periods of sleep (e.g., Gurney, Myers, & Podmore, 1886; Rose, Hogan, & Blackmore, 1997). The question is whether these states are conducive to anomalous processes or agencies, whether normal features are being misinterpreted, or both. This paper outlines the main physiological and psychological features of these hypnagogic/hypnopompic states and considers some of the evidence to address this question.

Although the hypnagogic (and probably the hypnopompic) state has unique behavioural, electrophysiological and subjective characteristics, it is also highly variable and there are large individual differences (Rechtschaffen, 1994). During these borderline states, people can experience brief and vivid imagery in one or more sensory modalities, and also temporary paralysis. People may find these kinds of experiences rather puzzling and may be keen to find an explanation for them, particularly if they have not come across them before. Evidence for the possible conduciveness of these states to anomalous experiences is discussed with reference to experimental studies (e.g., ganzfeld), spontaneous cases and surveys. Evidence for the possible misinterpretation of hypnagogic/hypnopompic experiences is discussed with reference to experiences with anomalous interpretations found in different cultures (e.g., Old Hag attacks) which have similar phenomenology to sleep paralysis plus accompanying imagery. A number of features of hypnagogic/hypnopompic experiences are very similar to features of reported anomalous experiences, such as ESP, apparitions, and OBEs (Mavromatis, 1983, 1987).

It is concluded that hypnagogic/hypnopompic features may be both conducive to anomalous experiences and misinterpreted as involving anomalous processes or agencies (e.g., deceased persons). Either way, the experiences may be interpreted correctly or incorrectly. The interpretation may depend on the specific hypnagogic/hypnopompic features experienced, on individual knowledge and beliefs, and on the context in which the phenomena occur. Further research which addresses the decision-making processes involved in interpreting these kinds of experiences would also be useful.

What is being proposed then is that, although hypnagogic/hypnopompic imagery and sleep paralysis are relatively normal experiences, occasionally they may be influenced by anomalous processes (e.g., ESP) or may facilitate anomalous experiences. More attention to the stages, features, contents, and physiology of the hypnagogic/hypnopompic states may enable us to identify, perhaps with a greater degree of accuracy, if and when anomalous processes are operating.

[edit on 04/8/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the information GradyPhilpott. Since I dont claim to be a psychologist in any respects what does "hypnagogic/hypnopompic" mean? I know its associated with a sleep pattern, but I am unfamiliar with those terms. Thanks!

[edit on 28-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That type of thing has been going on since history was recorded i think it was called a sucubis,(spelling wrong) But basicaly a female enitiy would come to a male and do the Cha Cha,and there wasnt a thing a guy could do about it. Funny though most men do not find it a pleasant experience at all. If you do a search on SUCUBIS, you should find more info on it.
Parker

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
what does "hypnagogic/hypnopompic" mean?
[edit on 28-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

These are hallucinatory phenomena related to going to sleep and waking up. They can be both bizarre and quite real and they are perfectly normal. I have had them myself.

I fixed the link in my previous post whch will take you to a paper related to these phenomena.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by parker
That type of thing has been going on since history was recorded i think it was called a sucubis,(spelling wrong) But basicaly a female enitiy would come to a male and do the Cha Cha,and there wasnt a thing a guy could do about it. Funny though most men do not find it a pleasant experience at all. If you do a search on SUCUBIS, you should find more info on it.
Parker

haha, actually that occurred to me shortly after I made this post. If anybody remembers the episode of South Park... "It's a god-damn succubus!"

But thanks for the input guys. Makes me feel a little better.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I mentioned before that when mystics start sounding Shirley Macleanish,it is time to tune out.
When some "expert" makes longwinded,complex sounding explanations like the one above,ditto.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanders

Yes I have and they inlcude a mix of so called OBE, and lucid states...I would suggest from an information stand point read following titles:

Maurice Nicoll: Living Time
La Berge: Lucid Dreaming
Peter Fenwick: Hidden Patterns

Regards

Alireza

new topics

top topics

join