It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear skeptics...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I believe aliens have visited us, and yes, it scares me a bit.

After all, if they were to be hostile, there's simply no way we could ever hope to win against a force able to travel between the stars. They could strike our population centers without ever needing to engage us themselves, whether from orbit, or from sent drones.

I do take comfort though, in that if they have been visiting us for years, then conquest doesn't seem to be the goal. More likely, their mission is one of study and containment.

The military has always taken the UFO problem pretty seriously...used to do so publicly, now, only secretly, so that's kind of a clue that there is at least something to this.

Here's my message for skeptics though...no matter how many hoaxes or frauds are out there (and there are plenty)...it only takes ONE genuine article to prove visitation.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Well I live by christian values. I dont believe you have to be saved were all here for the same purpose, even evil is a blessing in disguise! I dont fear ...that is a belief system in itself.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

im with you 100%... Thats why I think that if they are here their benevolent. Ive even heard military officials talking about them shutting down nuclear warheads!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I just wanted to say that I agree with you in nearly everything you have said in this thread.

The OP doesn't seem to grasp that a true skeptic doesn't believe ANYTHING without facts and verifiable proof. UFO and alien visitation claims and theories have neither.

Except it is wrong to put UFOs and Aliens under the same flag. UFOs are nearly undeniable.. and I know a relative who had seen a landed aircraft, there were military around, he asked them what it was. They were like 'There is nothing here. Go away'. That must have been around 30 years ago or so.

So even if you doubt ETs visiting Earth. There is lots of evidence of UFOs. Forget the light blobs, unidentified military aircraft are known to exist but you want pictures... eh how do you get a picture from a Top secret project and becoming public worldwide? ... Yes being skeptical being a crybaby and wanting pictures, it ain't gonna happen if it is real.

For ETs it's quite unclear, my point about UFOs whereas it means unidentified aircraft.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BroketheWall
why, because they were more in touch with nature and there spiritual side. So if we started out as a regular animal I think something had to happen to start are evolution of intelligence.
There are a number of theories on this. You can read about half a dozen of them here: Evolution of human intelligence It's apparent we don't know for sure so while your speculation may be as good as the next speculation, its speculative until we have proof.

But I think the answer is a little simpler. Have you ever tinkered with something? Like tried to make different adjustments to it just to see what would happen?

Nature is a bit of a tinkerer that way. Some changes will occur through mutation and then as a result of those changes the creature either is more or less successful. The fact is, that some creatures were extremely successful without a lot of intelligence, like many of the dinosaurs. Look at alligators, they've hardly changed in millions of years, and they don't need intelligence to survive, same with sharks. It apparently took nature a while to tinker with our brains and intelligence. But we aren't as unique as you might think. Some chimps have demonstrated an intelligence level perhaps comparable to a human child. In fact, we may not be as smart as a chimpanzees in some respects as the following video shows.

Have you seen this?

Chimps Are Smarter Than Us

edit on 11-10-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
skeptics?

Hmmm. I prefer the term Realist.

When I joinged ATS... I wanted to believe.

But, ATS has shown me more often than not that there is more proof to show Aliens don't exist than there is to show they do exist.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Here's my message for skeptics though...no matter how many hoaxes or frauds are out there (and there are plenty)...it only takes ONE genuine article to prove visitation.
One case of extraordinary evidence would be enough.

Unfortunately, there isn't even one such case.

And I don't think the majority of cases are hoaxes. MUFON says 95% are misinterpretations of manmade objects and natural phenomena, so that leaves a relatively small percentage of hoaxes, and other unknowns.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

i agree with everything you said but whats strange to me is that we are so self aware of are intelligence and grasp what it means...some more than others and everyone is smart in there own little way so we can learn from one another. Some animals have wings, some can kill with one bite, some have camoflage etc...but howcome we are self aware to the point that we can really destroy ourselves?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

One case of extraordinary evidence would be enough.

Unfortunately, there isn't even one such case.

Granted, there are some good cases, but they are not without their own controversy...so no, there isn't one definitive proof case.

My point though, is that eventually, we could get such a case, and it only takes one for alien visitation to be very real.

The best cases (Roswell, Rendlesham, Hill Abduction, etc.) all still have some very compelling evidence though, that there is some reason for concern.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

..but howcome we are self aware to the point that we can really destroy ourselves?
Is this now the unanswerable question thread?

OK I have one of those, why does a jellyfish the size of your thumbnail need venom powerful enough to kill a human?

Box Jellyfish

Some questions really don't have a good answer, and Nature does some strange things. I think part of the answer is just the random nature of mutations.

In the final analysis, the evolution of a creature that can destroy not only itself, but also deforest the planet and decimate large areas of the ecosystem may turn out to not be one of Nature's better experiments, for the long term health of the planet's ecosystem.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Well I thought you would have some sort of explination...and I would guess for survival but what evolution has given us is the ability to destroy ourselves. My point is evolutions mighty picky on that one the opposite of every other animal!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The best cases (Roswell, Rendlesham, Hill Abduction, etc.) all still have some very compelling evidence though, that there is some reason for concern.
For some, a source of concern.

For others, a source of humor. This video is a parody, but it talks about two of those three cases and in its humorous way, I suspect it's not far from true:

Hitler rants about UFO's:

That doesn't address the Hill case, and the Hills definitely weren't hoaxers, so it is kind of an interesting case. However it falls far short of extraordinary evidence for an extraordinary claim.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Why do you think aliens arent real given theres billions upon billions of stars?

Explain to me how a lot of stars and planets equals aliens.

Is it against your religion? Does it scare you?

It doesn't scare me as much as fuzzy, illogical thinking.

If aliens showed up and proved to you that every belief system you ever had was not true, how would you feel?

I'd feel just fine. But they'd need to show me some pretty good proof.

What if they showed up to help you and your family live, would you go with them?

I would have to wonder what was in it for them.

What if they break the cycles of lies and wars with just by them showing us are true nature?

I would have to wonder if they were lying for their own ends.

Remember. Just because they're aliens doesn't mean they can't lie.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Not saying I know but I believe, because water and sunlight combined its inevitable...who knows there could be other ways...yeah I know they can lie and I did say there probably are evil ones but my hypothetical was them showing up in a life and death situation where we know their intentions are good by their actions. If they didnt care they would leave it alone!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join