It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those of you (bottom feeders) who would pay for a prostitute.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

People desperate to earn a wage and be able to buy nice things and pay bills usually. I knew someone in her 30s who hated her job and after I was fired for basically going through depression and a cancer scare, she quit from that place too and ended up in McDonalds because it was the only place hiring and she needed the money to feed herself and her kids.

Different thread though.

Agree though, her ideas of morality are evident but as a good prostitute would say, you can't spell "morality" without a little "oral", amirite?

Yep. and herein lies the rub - work for mcdonalds and literally serve people their death - yet it is ok AND socially acceptable - to give people food that kills them because they paid for it. I think working at a legal killing machine like mcd's is worse than being a prostitute. You KNOW the stuff you "serve" them is BAD for them, but do it with a smile because it's legal to sell woodchips and sugar as burgers. God forbid consenting adults make decisions for themselves that effect no one other than themselves...eeessshhh...

CJ
edit on 11-10-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Oct 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: nested quotes!!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Look fellas I understand the motivation. Beautiful women, fantasy, orgasm.

Symbolic sex is bad for all parties.

If I could honestly say to my daughter that sex work is OK and a good way to "pay for college" or "make a living" then prostitution would be OK for other women.

If my sister became a prostitute and I thought "What an enjoyable job she must love her work!" then prostitution would be acceptable to me.

If I could be proud of all the orgasms my mother created with her sex work then yes prostitution would be "just another job".

Unfortunately I cannot honestly say that any of those situations would be acceptable to me. Why? Why is that?
Because it is degrading. IMHO sex work is degrading to your soul...a soul killer.

That said I think it should be legalized. Why? Because people are not perfect. The other type of human sex trafficking is criminal. Kidnapping, coercion, and violence are crimes and crimes involving children are particularly heinous.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I think the problem is that the people who disagree with prostitution and are morally against it, are the ones who see sex as something bad, and think the act of prostitution is carried out in a seedy way.
For prostitutes in control of their actions and affairs, everything is carried out professionally and businesslike. Many of the women look after their bodies and provide condoms.
And if she's top end, no doubt she even has some kind of 'sponsor' who see's her on a regular basis.

The original post is mixing colours to make their point bolder. Sex slavery, human trafficking, forced prostitution, and prostitution through choice are all valid debates, but they all have different points and are not one and the same.

You are absolutely free and within your rights to abhor and detest using prostitutes of any kind, but to post your thoughts on an internet forum where anyone can see it and reply, and damn anyone with differing opinions, is short sighted. You don't win friends or make your point by being over dramatic and hyperbolic, and certainly not by calling people childish names and being unwilling to properly discuss the points made in the thread by other posters.

One post the OP made, said something about "consider having a close family member who was a prostitute, maybe a daughter" and this speaks more for the raging first post.
If your daughter is a prostitute OP, that's something for you to discuss with her, not come storming onto your computer and treat others with disdain.
Lets not forget, even Jesus supposedly loved a whore...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It's as simple as this: As long as people aren't hurting other people, they should be able to do what they want, even if they're hurting themselves. The minute someone tries to push their morals onto me (whether or not they're viewed as "high" or "low" or "no" morals by society) is the minute that person becomes a kind of imp in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gando702
It's as simple as this: As long as people aren't hurting other people, they should be able to do what they want, even if they're hurting themselves. The minute someone tries to push their morals onto me (whether or not they're viewed as "high" or "low" or "no" morals by society) is the minute that person becomes a kind of imp in my opinion.

Yah, so just go out and have some casual sex with no one in particular and pay her for it because you disrespect her and yourself. It is your life and I could care less.
edit on 11-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Although I myself would not go with a prostitute, I do see why men would go with a prostitute and although I do believe that it is directly or indirectly, damaging to the women involved and I do believe that many of the women involved if given a boost of confidence, would not walk that path, the reality is many others see it as a lucrative job and easy money.

It's something that has been with us for centuries and will probably be with us for the rest of our species time on this planet, so to me, it makes sense to legalise it. I think if it is controlled, it would smash apart the women that work for these pimps, these gangs that beat women and basically enslave them, make it a lot safer for the women involved from assault and even murder at the hands of their "customer".

At the end of the day, we all have choices, regardless of what the options are and although people can point the finger at others, pointing the finger will not make it go away. People have to look at why men go to prostitutes and why women become prostitutes and why both then get demonized for it, when this is one of the oldest professions still in existence and it is simply a supply and demand service that can get caught up with organised crime, but doesn't mean that the women who offer the service and the men who use it are generally bad people and contribute towards other crime statistics, like drug usage often does. Legalise it and this will at least protect the women involved in it and cut the amount of organised crime outfits and gangs involved in controlling a fair amount of it at present to a very low amount.
edit on 11-10-2011 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

yah and he cast out 7 demons from her too. After that she knelt at his feet and called him "Rabboni" which means "Master".

If you libs are gonna talk about the bible at least get the whole story.

Here is a pictorial rendition

www.restoredtraditions.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Look fellas I understand the motivation. Beautiful women, fantasy, orgasm.

Symbolic sex is bad for all parties.

If I could honestly say to my daughter that sex work is OK and a good way to "pay for college" or "make a living" then prostitution would be OK for other women.

If my sister became a prostitute and I thought "What an enjoyable job she must love her work!" then prostitution would be acceptable to me.

If I could be proud of all the orgasms my mother created with her sex work then yes prostitution would be "just another job".

Unfortunately I cannot honestly say that any of those situations would be acceptable to me. Why? Why is that?
Because it is degrading. IMHO sex work is degrading to your soul...a soul killer.

That said I think it should be legalized. Why? Because people are not perfect. The other type of human sex trafficking is criminal. Kidnapping, coercion, and violence are crimes and crimes involving children are particularly heinous.

It is degrading to your soul. That doesn't mean it has to be degrading to the people doing the job, which is all that matters. You were instilled with certain values, either through society, religion, or your upbringing, but that doesn't make them right.

And illegal trafficking is not a good argument for legalizing prostitution, IMO. Those are not the only two options, either legalize prostitution or rape and violent crimes. No, the best argument to legalize it is because you should be able to do whatever you want with your body. The safety and regulation is just an added bonus.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
It's scary how naive some of these posters seem. most have caught up with protecting our liberties, but have no moral compass.

Well now that's a paradox statement and a half

You kind of need to be in tune with morality if you are one to consider liberty.

You obviously believe more in producing your perception of the common good and imposing it on society, over supporting individual rights (hint: contemporary political scientists/sociologists have learned to lean away from common good laws and regulations towards aspirations of individual rights). For what basis do you make such a judgement?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Gando702

Yah, so just go out and have some casual sex with no one in particular and pay her for it because you disrespect her and yourself. It is your life and I could care less.

What does selling sex have to do with respect? If a professional masseuse gets paid for a massage, is he being disrespected? If a model gets paid to pose is she bein gdisrespected? They are just people getting paid to perform a service. If anything, paying her is showing that you respect and value her time

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Some people might think this is sick, on the managerial part; but do you think this young man would have got his wish any other way?
Hospice helped dying man lose his virginity

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by StopFearMongering
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Unnatural? For one, nothing really is unnatural so I think the use of that word is dumb, but it actually is natural, monkeys and I think penguins engage is prostitution in exchange for food, protection, etc. Also, if prostitution was legalized that's another job the government could tax, which would be a good thing if they didn't misappropriate taxes. Besides the point, anyways as for the children prostitutes thing illegal prostitution would be hella lot easier tracking down if it was legalized.

And as for the modern society and it's desensitization to orgasms or whatever your infuriating point was, since the dawn of society there has been sex, prostitution, rape, all that good stuff. So I guess what i'm saying is, is that nothing you said was based on factual evidence your claims were unfounded.

I'm also pissed this has any flags, when there are plenty of other threads on ATS that are well-thought out and not the product of some sexually-repressed, angry, and immature poster.

edit on 11-10-2011 by StopFearMongering because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2011 by StopFearMongering because: (no reason given)

you should look up the definition of unnatural.
We are not monkeys or penguins.
your point regarding legalization does not make sense, unless your admitting that corrupt governments should be able to benefit from tax revenue?
I personally believe it should be legal. I think freedom should be legal and believe in personal liberty.
There is plenty of evidence regarding the Egyptians use of the Ankh, I usually prefer to discuss those topics I find them very interesting and relevant.

here is that definition...
1. In violation of a natural law.
2. Inconsistent with an individual pattern or custom.
3. Deviating from a behavioral or social norm: an unnatural attachment.
4. Contrived or constrained; artificial: smiled in an unnatural manner.
5. In violation of natural feelings; inhuman.

maybe you could expand your use of the word?
A few examples high fructose corn syrup, Genetically modified papayas, flax and soy. Genetically modified, or GM, foods come from plants that have had genes from other species spliced into them. Some GM crops are created to be more pesticide- or drought-resistant, while others might eventually be made to have super-levels of vitamins or other nutrients. Most of the soybeans and nearly half of the corn grown in the U.S. is GM., though much of that is used for livestock feed. If you've bought papayas from Hawaii or canola, though, chances are good you've eaten GM food. (By the way, here's a tip for evaluating produce: if the little sticker on your squash or zucchini starts with an 8, the food is GM; a 9 at the beginning indicates organic produce, while a 4 means it's conventionally grown.)

2. High-fructose corn syrup. Found in soda, junk food and processed foods of all kinds, high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is kind of like corn syrup on steroids. While not technically "unnatural" -- it is made from corn syrup, after all -- HFCS is made via enzymatic processing to boost the natural syrup's fructose content. HFCS didn't exist before 1957 (the year the process for making it was invented), but it's taken off big-time since then, in part because it's cheaper than sugar and in part because it helps foods last longer.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

...what does the Egyptian Ankh or genetically modified food have to do with the moral issue of prostitution? Why do you see a problem with paying for sex, yet you claim that you're all for legalizing it based on your support of personal liberty?

Your argument doesn't seem consistant

-Lulzaroonie
Awesome, I remember reading that story when it happened years ago (assuming that it's the same story). I always hoped that I would hear about it again.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'm looking at the title of your post; funny, I always thought bottom feeders were self-righteous people who enjoy judging others.

You need to take a long look in the mirror. Whatever your opinion of the subject may be, calling people bottom feeders because you disagree with them shows how low you are.

Don't bother responding, I won't come back to this post. I only came because the title of the post should get you banned from any public activities. At least until you can take a good long look at yourself and are ready to make a few changes.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I would venture to say that most people have endured some type of trauma in their lives. But that doesn't mean that they all just decide to become prostitutes. Do you know any prostitutes? Have you ever even met an actual prostitute? Maybe you should sit down and talk to a few prostitutes some day before forming opinions based on other people's rhetoric. I'm not saying that what you said doesn't happen but what your spewing sounds like every other main stream opinion on this subject.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia
I'm looking at the title of your post; funny, I always thought bottom feeders were self-righteous people who enjoy judging others.

You need to take a long look in the mirror. Whatever your opinion of the subject may be, calling people bottom feeders because you disagree with them shows how low you are.

Don't bother responding, I won't come back to this post. I only came because the title of the post should get you banned from any public activities. At least until you can take a good long look at yourself and are ready to make a few changes.

I think one can always benefit from knowing the definition of self-righteous when we are posting here

Self-righteousness (also called sanctimoniousness, sententiousness, a holier-than-thou attitude[1]) is a feeling of (usually) smug moral superiority[2] derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person.

hmmm double post. This one could be removed...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia

I think one can always benefit from knowing the definition of self-righteous when we are posting here

Self-righteousness (also called sanctimoniousness, sententiousness, a holier-than-thou attitude[1]) is a feeling of (usually) smug moral superiority[2] derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join