It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Hanks refers to the end of the world...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So I'm sitting here watching the new episode of Dexter, and there is a scene where Colin Hanks and his sister are talking and she says she can't get her fifth graders to concentrate on art, because they were talking about another mass death of birds up north, and they think it is the end of the world...
Could this be a subliminal message about the end of days, or am I reading too far into it... I just couldn't believe I heard her say that, but then again, I'm not low.
Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
or perhaps just effective writing, used to reach a larger audience..which equals more $$$

there are plenty of references to the end of the world in TV, movies, music, advertising.. it seems like its hard to avoid.

Probably because they are banking on the suckers that buy into 2012 BS.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
As a writer, I'm pretty sure that writers, as well as artists, just reflect the world around them in there art. Art is a mirror. I'm sure that statement about having a hard time getting people to stay focused because they are concentrating on the end of the world is a true story. I know i've been one of those guys focusing on the end of the world before. There is a huge buzz going on about it lately, we all know that. But it doesn't mean that there is some secret agenda going on behind it, or that they are just trying to play off of/into to all the chaos about it...they are just reflecting the world around them.
See, you are having a hard time focusing on your television enjoyment because you are thinking too much about the end of the world.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hahahaha, by the way, just got the reference at the end, 'i'm not low.' Nice.

Good stuff, and yeah man, i think it's just one of those not very low moments.

No worries, go get yourself something to eat.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaqueFresco
So I'm sitting here watching the new episode of Dexter, and there is a scene where Colin Hanks and his sister are talking and she says she can't get her fifth graders to concentrate on art, because they were talking about another mass death of birds up north, and they think it is the end of the world...
Could this be a subliminal message about the end of days, or am I reading too far into it... I just couldn't believe I heard her say that, but then again, I'm not low.
Thoughts?

Well see, heres the thing.

Dexter has no belief. He is a serial killer with a conscience, and he only kills bad people. His imaginary father teaches him the right way to go about his dark passengers needs.

Then here you have the Anti Dexter. He is a serial killer without a conscience, and he is killing people using the religious fantasy that he has created in his mentor. The anti dexter, his anti beliefs (I know its not been made clear yet, but I believe olmos is imaginary, just like dexters father, except egging him on his evil journey) is just that... the opposite of dexter himself.

And now you have the man who was saved - an oxymoron to dexter, the shepherd.

The anti dexter is not predicting the end of times, he is being the religious nutter to dexters unbelieving monster... Kindred spirits, but at opposing ends.. One kills for religious madness, the other out of a need to satisfy his dark passenger but with a kind of moral duty to only take those evil people who deserve it.

The catalyst for dexter understanding the ultimate end is the shepherd, the man once in dexters targets, but who has found redemption - the entire crux of the latest series.

No, it's not a prophecy... It's a bloody good story line, and one that may possible cause the end of the series - in a timely manner as opposed to dragging it out to stupidity.

Dexter, his child, finding a sort of belief that allowes him to become a shepherd to his own son, and not the wolf that he has been - and with the anti dexter - the opposite of everything he does, complete with fantasy father figure, and loving sister, shows him that he can change.

Brilliant season so far. a mass murderer (which is illegal EVERYWHERE) being the avatar of the owner of this website, who just sends a u2u telling us illegal matters will not be tolerated.
irony...

edit on 10/10/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: ugh typos galore in a speed tying frantic episode

new topics

top topics

join