It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I may be on to something.......HUGE!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I went to my cousins house a few hours ago and she was watching football. A commercial comes on during a timeout, and it is ADT Home security. I'm watching this video, and it just seems like an awful invasion of privacy that if someone comes through your door and doesn't know the code, they call you and see if everything is ok. So I opened up my phone and type in "Who owns ADT" The owner is Tyco. I then asked who owns tyco. and this is one of the results that come up, "NEWS- Mr. Enniscorthy: Ex-Tyco CFO indicted; faces 30 years in jail

NEWS- Mr. Enniscorthy: Ex-Tyco CFO indicted; faces 30 years in jail

Published September 19, 2002, in issue #33 of The Hook

BY LISA PROVENCE
LISA@READTHEHOOK.COM

Corporate scandal struck close to home last week when an Albemarle County landowner, Mark Swartz, took a perp walk in Manhattan after being indicted for allegedly bilking Tyco International out of $600 million.

On September 12, former Tyco chief financial officer Swartz, who owns historic Enniscorthy near Keene, and his ex-boss, Dennis Kozlowski, were each charged with "enterprise corruption," a racketeering charge usually reserved for Mafia prosecutions. Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau froze $600 million in assets belonging to Swartz and Kozlowski.

Swartz, 42, also charged with 13 counts of grand larceny and 13 counts of falsifying records, was released on a $50 million recognizance bond. If convicted on all charges, Swartz faces 30 years in jail.

At the same time, the Securities and Exchange Commission filed civil fraud charges against the two men and former Tyco general counsel Mark Belnick, alleging they failed to disclose millions in secret unauthorized loans from the company that went to personal investments, business ventures, real estate holdings, and trusts.

In a complaint reminiscent of charges against Adelphia's Rigas family, the SEC said, "This is a looting case," involving "egregious, self-serving, and clandestine misconduct by the three most senior executives at Tyco."

"Kozlowski, Swartz, and Belnick treated Tyco as their private bank, taking out hundreds of millions of dollars of loans and compensation without ever telling investors," says Stephen M. Cutler, SEC director of enforcement, in a release.

Kozlowski, who'd already been indicted for trying to avoid $1 million in taxes on art purchases, didn't use the money just to enrich himself. The SEC complaint notes that he took Tyco millions and donated them to such institutions as Seton Hall and Columbia University in his own name.

Swartz, too, made contributions to partnerships he controlled. According to the indictment, Swartz pushed at least $1.7 million to his KMS Family Partnership, which, a reliable source tells The Hook, used to pay for upkeep at Enniscorthy.

The Hook: news

Then the next commercial that came on was one from quibids.com so I decided to see where that company came from and I found this......

"Shell games tempt only the gullible, don’t they? So long as YOU don’t fall for them, what’s a little income redistribution among wretches? That’s an attitude shared only by the uninitiated. So-called internet “penny auctions” exploit human vulnerability like trust and avarice, leaving victims to blame their own stupidity or greed. You may shrug off getting burned as a lesson learned, but all confidence tricks count on that. Websites like Quibids and Scriptmatix’s PennyAuction are neither novel discount methods, adventure shopping, gambling scenarios or lotteries. They are con games that lead you to believe you are getting something for your money, until you don’t.

Just because YOU can figure it out -from an objective distance- doesn’t mean Quibids is not patently dishonest. US laws governing fraud are enforced by local statutes, but common law is enough to define this internet scam as representation of falsehood with the intent to profit. Whether or not the auctions use shill bidders, or fail to honor unprofitable outcomes, as have been accused by

notmytribe.com

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on 10/10/11 by argentus because: added ex tags and links to source

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
S'why a dog, some solid deadbolts, good exterior lighting, and a firearm are your best friends.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

In fact every single company that had an add on tv had roots in companies that have CEO's inside bilderberg. I need your help on this one, I believe every single thing on TV from the shows and sports to commercials are owned if follow the money up the chain to members of bilderberg and they are using EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON TV as a medium to tell you what to believe and how to feel. DO ME A FAVOR, LOOK UP WHO OWNS THE COMPANIES OF THE COMPANIES PUTTING COMMERCIALS ON TV AND SEE IF THE OWNERS AREN'T PART OF THE BILDERBERG. For instance, if you see a progressive auto insurance commercial, type in google "who owns progressive, then if it gives you the name of that company, type in who owns that company, and so on and so forth until you reach the single individual at the top who owns all of it indirectly and see if he or she isn't in bilderberg????
Please try this and see.....

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
wow and all this is repeated over and over times times a billion in corporations everywhere.I have come to the conclusion that ALL corporations are scams !

it's disgusting and it's preventing us who can can produce goods and services from engaging in a free market
economy

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

seriously tho as an experiment, please look up who owns who as regards commercials you see on tv and see if they don't all trace back to bilderberg.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Obviously not all of them will be controlled by the same people. But a lot the larges one will be. I suspect the large media (news) companies will follow this trend nicely.
edit on 9-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You may not know this unless you have a website and are an affiliate of theirs, but they offer $100 commission as an affiliate, for every customer you send their way who purchases. In my circle, that's unheard of. Most affiliates pay very little.

The reason I never got involved with them, is because how can I as a Christian teach others to have faith in God, and turn around and tell them they need a security system (or insurance for that matter) Seems Hypocritical...
edit on 10/9/2011 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I worked for ADT 10 yrs and before it was bought out by Tyco. Nothing really odd about being bought out by a large company. The lack of oversight did bring down the top thus the creation Sarbanes and Oxley rules to govern large companies.

it just seems like an awful invasion of privacy that if someone comes through your door and doesn't know the code, they call you and see if everything is ok.

Not invasive at all, once the alarm is triggered, the monitoring center pulls up the home data and calls asking for a password to verify if it was the home owner. I would say at least 97% are false alarms and this is the only way to reduce sending the cops to the premise.False alarms can get very costly for the home owner.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Go to google and type in "who owns ADT" it will say Tyco. then type in "who owns TYCO" and you will find that it is a company call hubbell power systems. Now type in "who owns hubbell power systems" and so on and so forth utill you arrive at a bilderberg attendee.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

In fact, do that with every single commercial you see on TV and see the same result.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The top 3 shareholders for some of the most powerful companies in the world are all the same:

Walmart
-Vanguard Group
-State Street Corperation
-BlackRock

ExxonMobil
-Vanguard Group
-BlackRock

Chevron
-Vanguard Group
-BlackRock

ConocoPhillips
-Vanguard Group
-BlackRock

General Electric
-Vanguard Group
-BlackRock

edit on 9-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

now take those companies and type in google "who owns" them and see what result you get. Any company. Follow the money trail. Google tells you all.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The point that I'm trying to make is that every single thing you see on TV is orchestrated for you to see and you are shown what you are "allowed" to know by the images put forth on any given station. shut off the TV and get online.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

The top shareholders of the State Street Corperation are basically BlackRock and the Vangaurd Group (it's like a crazy loop!). I can't seem to dig any deeper than that.
Perhaps you can find out who owns them.

edit on 10-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by supermanning
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

now take those companies and type in google "who owns" them and see what result you get. Any company. Follow the money trail. Google tells you all.

Won't be easy to trace to exact people.

Those holding tanks are the funnels for TPTB, bilderbergs included.

The funds and firms that "own" the blocks of stock are managing the money for somebody else.

They never disclose who the real investors are.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Op nice thread.

You will find out the same parties you mentioned run this country and most of the world. The rest of us are slaves. They do nothing but make the rules we live by. They sell propaganda all day on their MSM channels. They own the food companies that sell us garbage. The own the water rights and all land in the US. We rent from these same bloodlines. They also own the healthcare system.

Welcome to the BS Three Ring Circus.

Peace to you

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

The top shareholders of the State Street Corperation are basically BlackRock and the Vangaurd Group (it's like a crazy loop!). I can't seem to dig any deeper than that.
Perhaps you can find out who owns them.

they all loop into and around and from each other !!

for example:

State Street is their own largest stockholder

finance.yahoo.com...

note: "major holders" is in the left column
finance.yahoo.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

finance.yahoo.com...
note that Vanguard stock leads to a dead end on ownership

(the left column has no "major holders" link !

This is how they hide TPTB and keep 'em anonymous !

edit on Oct-10-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
BlackRock is a holding tank like State Street.

en.wikipedia.org...

BlackRock, Inc. is an American multinational investment management corporation the world's largest and most prominent asset manager.[3] BlackRock is headquartered in Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States and is the leading provider of investment, advisory, and risk management solutions[citation needed]. The company acquired Barclays Global Investors in December 2009 under BlackRock, making BlackRock the largest money manager in the world.[4]

Founded in 1988, initially offering fixed income products, [color=;imegreen]BlackRock has become a financial powerhouse while remaining out of the public eye. According to Ralph Schlosstein, CEO of Evercore Partners, a NY-based investment bank: “BlackRock today is one of, if not the, most influential financial institutions in the world.”[5]

finance.yahoo.com...

what a surprise, we just can't hide from the Sun can we?

All Roads Lead to Rome.

edit on Oct-10-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'm surprised to see that the top shares are listed for BlackRock. The top shareholder seems to be PNC Financial Services. On the BlackRock wiki page is says:

Larry Fink cut a deal with the PNC Financial Services Group when they purchased 70% of BlackRock.

The top shareholder of PNC is the Wellington Management Company. They also hold a large share in BlackRock. Who wants to keep following the trail.

EDIT: from the Wellington wiki page:

Wellington Management Company is one of the largest private, independent investment management companies in the world.[citation needed] The firm has client assets under management totalling over US$634 billion, and serves as investment advisor for over 1,900 institutional clients in over 50 countries.[1]
---
On November 23, 2010, Wellington Management Company turned-over documents solicited by U.S. federal investigators regarding an alleged case of insider trading. Wellington directors delivered the unspecified documents to investigators, no comment was made by the company on the information delivered.[3]

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I just found a really interesting article about Laurance (Larry) Fink, chairman and CEO of BlackRock. It's a fairly long read but I'm working my way through it.

Larry Fink’s $12 Trillion Shadow

Though few Americans know his name, Larry Fink may be the most powerful man in the post-bailout economy. His giant BlackRock money-management firm controls or monitors more than $12 trillion worldwide—including the balance sheets of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and the toxic A.I.G. and Bear Stearns assets taken over by the U.S. government last year. How did Fink rebound from a humiliating failure to become the financial fulcrum of Washington and Wall Street? Through a series of interviews, the author probes his role in the crisis, his unique risk-assessment system, and the growing concern he inspires.

Considering the enormous power he is believed to wield, it’s remarkable how few people have heard of Larry Fink. In political and business circles—among the men who travel the now well-worn corridor between Washington and Wall Street—Fink, the chairman and C.E.O. of BlackRock, the giant asset-management firm, is described as possibly the most important man in finance today. But mention his name to most people and they draw a blank. Despite his considerable wealth, he is virtually unknown on the society circuit in Manhattan, where he has an apartment on the Upper East Side, or in Aspen, where he also has a home.

At the height of the disaster, when the American economy was on the brink, it was to Fink that Wall Street’s C.E.O.’s—including J. P. Morgan Chase’s Jamie Dimon, Morgan Stanley’s John Mack, and A.I.G.’s Robert Willumstad—turned for help and counsel. As did the U.S. Treasury and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, whose top officials turned to Fink for advice on the financial markets and assistance on the $30 billion financing of the sale of Bear Stearns to J. P. Morgan, the $180 billion bailout of A.I.G., the $45 billion rescue of Citigroup, and those of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac at $112 billion and growing.

If Larry Fink is currently “at the hub of the wheel of American capitalism,” as his friend Ken Langone, the co-founder of Home Depot and a former director of the New York Stock Exchange, puts it, he has achieved this position largely in the shadows. Even on Wall Street, until recently, there were people who only vaguely knew what he did. According to William D. Cohan, a former investment banker and the author of the best-selling account of Bear Stearns’s collapse, House of Cards, there were many bankers at the firm who for months had no idea how deeply Fink and BlackRock were involved in the dismantling of their company. “He’s like the Wizard of Oz,” Cohan says. “The man behind the curtain.”

But BlackRock’s enormous and growing influence and its sheer size—too big to fail, some say—has begun to raise questions. “It’s like the Blackwater of finance, almost a shadow government,” says one senior bank executive, referring to the mountain of government contracts awarded to the firm. Although others—including the massive California-based Pacific Investment Management Company—have benefited from the gravy train of post-bailout government jobs, none appears to have gained nearly as much as BlackRock. Fink’s firm has been granted a privileged view into a broad swath of the financial markets, raising questions, says James Bianco, the C.E.O. of Bianco Research, about how it is handling possible conflicts of interest. That BlackRock was awarded key contracts with no competitive bidding, in a process enveloped in secrecy, has also raised hackles in Congress and led to questions about Fink’s long-standing relationships with senior government officials, particularly former Treasury secretary Henry Paulson and Geithner, his successor.

Here's a pic of the guy:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join