It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast From the Past Think OWS is GRASSROOTS? Yeah Right!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

edit on 10-10-2011 by neo96 because: off topic

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

See...that's what I figured it was. An attack on evil corporations. OK...is that what the connection is? Does anyone in this thread honestly believe that people, or the left in general, was perfectly content with the decades of greed, corruption and inequality fostered and forced upon the American public by Wall St?

That must be what you're missing. The discontent of this movement is old, very old. I thought you would've known that by now.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I quite agree, sitting over here in the UK as well, observing the shenanigans in the US. I warned on another thread that OWS will stir folks up with lots of distractions and lies. If the movement becomes organised with sufficient support (30-40% of electorate) then both democrats and republicans plus all "friends" of those two will be very very scared.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Ummmm....exactly how is a get out the vote video linked to OWS???

It's hilarious how scared you are of young people getting involved. I'm sure you LOVED the Tea Party...I'm sure you LOVED that they were finally "speaking out"....right?

But since these protestors don't share your opinion...then they are wrong.

You fear them SO much...you post a video that has NOTHING to do with them at all to try to make some asinine connection.

I would say this should be thrown in HOAX...but it so funny and shows how EFFECTIVE these protests are being that I think it should get put on the front page...just to show everyone how much this movement is doing...it is doing enough to cause people like you to attempt to spread lies (lies that don't even make sense) to try to defeat it.

Good job OWS...you have been successful in at least one goal.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I fully support the punishment of the Wall street syndicate. The Tea Party was born of the Ron Paul movement, and the outrage over bailing out the Wall Street syndicate. The same reasons for OWS. As we know it was effectively co-opted as far as the national spotlight is concerned. Recall though, the first major Tea Party march on DC of over 100,00 people received no media coverage. None. Zip. Fox did a 2 minute snippet, and that was it. Why? Because it had not been completely co-opted yet. Ron Paul Republicans were still the force behind it. After Sarah Palin got involved the media jumped into to use it to fuel the right/left game.

Now the OWS is rising up for the same reason 3 years too late. A few hundred got some coverage, and then the organized unions suddenly joined out of solidarity? Now it all over the news. There are websites for every city popping up. Major figures in academia, hollywood, and the the left in general are standing up. At the same time the controlled right media is attacking with such vitriolic hatred. Seems like a left/right game being played.

Don't get me wrong I am happy to see anyone doing anything. Still, the fact that the Tea Party and OWS are born from nearly the same crime is interesting. Why? Because they are being turned against each other. The games are as old as time. The 1% rules because the 99% can always be turned against each other without ever figuring out it is rigged game.

The Tea Parties and the OWS should be allied. If we had some intellectual leadership with the courage to unite the 99% we might stand a tiny chance. Those who continue to fuel the divisiveness by attacking the Tea Party of the OWS are merely minions of the 1% who are blind to the crimes they commit.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Like you, being a viewer from over the pond, what I find interesting is the way the media and the politicians take their partisan view of OWS. It's so obvious and predictable, Democrats line up and say they understand the concerns of the protesters and MSNBC reports the events in a good light, meanwhile the Republicans dont support the protest and tell protesters to get a job, while FOX news reports events in a negative light. Playing the American people against one another. Neither the left or right have a chance when up against such formidable corporate media manipulation.

I have been watching quite a bit of the live feed to get more of an unbiased view from the ground

There seem to be some very well meaning people down there and I obviously support the protest against corporate greed and shady banking practices, but as I have said in other posts it's all a bit wishy washy and some of the rhetoric a little misguided. Still I impressed that it has remained peaceful for so long. Had this been in London it would have kicked off by now. I'm watching the live feed now and they are all doing YOGA, not the rioting type

edit on 10-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Get
Rid
Of
The
Politicians
Who Write
These
Laws.

Then you'll have change everyone can believe in!

Get
Rid
Of
The
Corporations
and
Banks
Who
Own
The
Politicians
And
Who
Lobby
For
Laws

Do we need democrats continuing to take from Wall Street and corporations?

This is no longer about Democrats or Republicans. This is about the future of America. The current crop of politicians have ZERO credibility when it comes to promising to cut spending. Their political careers are more important than their service to their country and those they represent.

An interesting quote, pulled from your very own Tea Party website. Who do you think funds their "Political Careers"? There is no money in being a politician unless you accept corporate bribery. You have to follow the money and stop it at the source. Progressive legislation will never take hold if the people writing the laws are being told which laws they're aloud to pass. You want change? Cut the head off of the snake. That's the only way we can fix this mess we're in.

And a question: Why do you support the Tea Party, who are basically after the same objective as the OWS protesters? What's the difference? Why are you allowed to protest and we are not? We're all after the same thing, more control over our own lives.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Get
Rid
Of
The
Politicians
Who Write
These
Laws.

Every law written has a corporate agenda, every war waged has a corporate agenda, every politician you vote for is owned and operated by some corporate entity. Your entire reality is a farce. You vote, believing the decision is yours, yet fail to realize that your choices were placed in front of you by careful planning.
I pluck and primp two violet carsons and ask you to vote for your favorite. In the end, it is you who decides the winner, yet the illusion is lost in the faux victory of the “winning”, because you failed to realize that I own both flowers. No matter which carson you pick, I’m still the winner. America is run the same way. You want good honest men in charge of this country, then the strings that make them puppets need to be cut.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Amazing how easy it was for Soros and the DNC to take this over. They have had control for a week now and yet many are still in denial about it. Democrats like Pelosi are all over the News jumping on board.

They may as well give up the charade and start putting the DNC logo on all their signs. Once everyone knows they sold out, no sense in fighting it. The politicians funded by Wall Street are in charge now.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The OWS movement, as well as the Tea Party, is but political ploy to divide the people for the sake of conquering the masses. Both of these parties are owned, bought and paid for, by the now infamous One Percenters, and these Wall Street cats are counting on one of these two powder kegs to go off before too long so that they may institute martial law. What these self-proclaimed elites don’t realize is, we are counting on this move as well. We need this measure to move forward with our own agenda, which is, Liberal or Conservative, one in the same; a nation of freedmen, living a life that suits them and their happiness.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
Wait...what does a video about voting in 2010 have to do with OWS?

Was that the video you meant to link?

OWS started with adbusters.org in July...there's no 'funding' for this. Unless you call sleeping on the sidewalk funding...

It's really difficult to prove exactly who is behind this.It seems that once OWS started anyone with an agenda,regardless of affiliation showed up.One apparent one is George Soros and the Open Society.But what I find strange about it all is the revolutions from Serbia to the Orange,Rose,Saffron and now Egypt and Libyan Revolutions are not only funded by Soros but even larger contributers like the NED,right a long with another contributer which John McCain chairs,the IRI.Also Freedom House and the Albert Einstein Institution.

Source(See article below)

In fact the US State Department admits to supporting the activities of the NED in Myanmar. The NED is a US government-funded "private" entity whose activities are designed to support US foreign policy objectives, doing today what the CIA did during the Cold War. As well, the NED funds Soros' Open Society Institute in fostering regime change in Myanmar. In an October 30, 2003 press release the State Department admitted, "The United States also supports organizations such as the National Endowment for Democracy, the Open Society Institute and Internews, working inside and outside the region on a broad range of democracy promotion activities." It all sounds very self-effacing and noble of the State Department. Is it though?

Contributing source:
Source(See article below)

All are funded by the National Endowment for Democracy, an agency founded in 1983 by the Reagan administration with the aim of providing a legal framework for operations that had previously been carried out covertly by the CIA. Among the founding directors of the agency were Henry Kissinger, Nixon’s secretary of state and national security adviser, as well as then-AFL-CIO President Lane Kirkland and American Federation of Teachers President Albert Shanker, two of the labor bureaucrats with the closest ties to the State Department.

The question is is why would the same people who funded the revolutions across Europe help spread the protests here as well.
Below is a video of Ivan Marovic speaking to the protestors at Occupy Wallstreet..Remember this is the same gentlemen who espoused the revolution in Serbia which was backed by the NED.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join