It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush will win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Bush will win re-election. There was never a doubt about it. ALGORE knew, Hillary knew, the whole democratic party knew. Kerry got the part as a sacraficial lamb, just like Bob Dole did against Clinton. 4 more years of Bush hatred is just what Hillary needs to energize her run in 2008. You really think that the Clintons would stand for a Kerry win in 04? If you are a Hillary fan, how could you vote for Kerry? The way I see it is that Bush needs 8 years to clean up the mess Clinton caused for 8 years, then we are even.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
So elect Kerry 2004 to get McCain 2008.

Don't fall for the Clinton plan to elect Bush, unless Republicans like taking orders from a women.

Two can play this game.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
We don't want McCain. He's such a moderate, and that is not a good thing. Unlike the dems now, we will have a credible candidate in 2008

The Clinton's plan is to run in 2008, that cannot happen if kerry is elected. The Clintons have had people mysteriously "go away". So making sure someone does not get elected is nothing for them.

This is the reason I love politics, it is like a game. It is like if last year the Panthers knew going into the Super Bowl that they had no chance to win, so they let the Cardinals play for them.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by Carseller4]

[edit on 28-8-2004 by Carseller4]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The RNC will have a credible candidate in 2008?

Cheney/Rumsfeld I hope.

Where do I sign the petition and send money.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If Cheney/Rumsfeld is elected (although I doubt it, Rumsfeld will be 76 by then) I might consider moving to Europe or Australia. I wouldn't want to be on this continent.

And what's wrong with moderates? A democracy is usually the art of compromise. Unless you guys think 50 percent of America is wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
wierd topic, for the last few months i have believed that kerry will win by a landslide atleast 65%-35%

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
DanTodd - I don't see such a landslide in the haps. If Kerry wins *cross your fingers* it'll be at most 55-45.

Whatever happens... it won't solve anything. With your country polarized the way it is, no matter who wins, half of the population will be very unsatisfied.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
No matter who wins in 2004 -- Powell/McCain in 2008!

For those of you that fear a Bush re-election, what do you think a second term of George W. Bush as U.S. President -- when re-election is no longer a concern -- will be like? Bear in mind that Congress and the Supreme Court won't cease to exist...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
If Cheney/Rumsfeld is elected (although I doubt it, Rumsfeld will be 76 by then) I might consider moving to Europe or Australia. I wouldn't want to be on this continent.

And what's wrong with moderates? A democracy is usually the art of compromise. Unless you guys think 50 percent of America is wrong.

With liberals and conservatives, you know what you are getting, with a moderate you don't. A moderate is one that sticks his finger in the wind to judge public opionion. I would rather have a person with strong beliefs, at least you know what you are getting.

Everytime a republican tries to compromise with dems, they get slammed. Bush Sr. compromised on his No new taxes stand, that was the main reason he was defeated. McCain got together with a guy named Feingold, and look what mess happened with that.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
McCain/Biden '08

I don't even care anymore about liberals or conservatives or moderates. I want honesty. And these two gentleman would be glad to provide it.

With honest gov't, the people can judge for themselves, but when we have liars in office, how can the people make informed decisions?

Vote for HONESTY in 2008, and as for now, let's give it our best shot to remove the Bush regime from power, even though I am sure the dictator will steal the election again.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
McCain/Biden '08

I don't even care anymore about liberals or conservatives or moderates. I want honesty. And these two gentleman would be glad to provide it.

May I suggest Guiliani/McCain?

Can you think of two more centrist (really libertarian in republican name tags) men?

While 4 years ago I would have considered McCain for president, I think his time has passed and he would be a much better VP. It's time for Guiliani to take the lead.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Uh, did everyone forget Jeb Bush, the current Governor of Florida? Don't you think there are probably some further political plans for him?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
John Kerry 53%
George Bush 43%
Michael Badnarik 2%
Ralph Nater 2%

yup.....

[edit on 29-8-2004 by DanTodd]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

No matter who wins in 2004 -- Powell/McCain in 2008!

are you serious? powell is no better than bush! powell is putting his son michael powell in front of the FCC for no other reason than he's his son

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Uh, did everyone forget Jeb Bush, the current Governor of Florida? Don't you think there are probably some further political plans for him?

Well, to be honest, I hope that we never have a Bush or Clinton as U.S. President again.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I saw Jerry Fallwell say once that after they( moral majority), get W in for the 2nd time, they will concentrate on Jeb in 2008! After that it will be Jeb's son, George III!!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

Originally posted by Ambient Sound

Well, to be honest, I hope that we never have a Bush or Clinton as U.S. President again.

clinton was a pretty good president IMO, the only bad thing that he really did was monica lewinsky
, atleast he didnt kill 13,000 people and send hundreds maybee thousands of people to thier death in iraq for no reason!.... im talking about bush btw

[edit on 29-8-2004 by DanTodd]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
May I suggest Guiliani/McCain?

Can you think of two more centrist (really libertarian in republican name tags) men?

I like that ticket too. Guiliani's the man!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
With your country polarized the way it is, no matter who wins, half of the population will be very unsatisfied.

Sad, but true. Very few seem to recognoze the danger in that.

Abraham Lincoln once said:

"A house divided against itself cannot stand."

"Both parties deprecated war; but one of them would make war rather than let the nation survive; and the other would accept war rather than let it perish. And the war came."

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Personally I see no hope for the US no matter who gets elected. The way I see it, this country was/is an experiment - an experiment that has gone on for 200 years. And it is my prediction that this experiment will fail (cease to be a republic) in the next 10 to 20, maybe 40 years. Whether by terrorist attacks, trannsformation to a dictatorship, by an apathetic public, or by the weight of its own immense tax burden this country will fail soon. At least within the next century.

If bush becomes president in 04 I think there's a 50-50 chance of this country becoming a dictatorship. Of course Kerry's not much better.

new topics

top topics

join