It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Picture of Let the Peasants Eat Cake--The %1

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
After watching some video's of the occupy Wall street protests, I noticed something that completely disgusted me. On the balcony above the crowds could be seen around 20 to 30 well dressed men pouring and drinking champagne as they toasted the crowd and laughed.

In France, the royalty said let them eat cake as the revolution was threatening their palace gates.

Today I found this picture

The image was sourced from this page At Chicago Board of Trade: "We are the 1 percent" signs mocking Occupy Wall Street and Occupy Chicago protests

What are your feelings on this? I think there is always a reaction for any action, I guess one could call it karma. I pray for them because they are just not getting it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
We should thank them for identifying themselves as the enemy. Just makes it easier for us 99%.
We can thank Cain too, as he has declared himself an enemy of liberty.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FarmerGeneral

Have you ever watched a fighter smile and taunt the other fighter after being hit in the head?...as if to say, "that didn't hurt".

A sure sign that it hurt! It appears that some of this is really starting to get to them (the 1%). Don't let the arrogance fool you. Slowly but surely the walls are being torn down. I had an interesting conversation with someone with NYBOT this weekend...I will share once I get permission. I am reasonably sure that I will get permission. My guess is that he will not be working with them by Monday.

I can tell you that the effort is having profound affects on many who protect the 1%. I can't wait to share this little nugget.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I do not agree with the figure of 1 % . I would rather say , 1 in 10 000 are the ones people should target. The 1 % are there to defend the 0.01 %

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, it seem that they are seeing itself as 1%... so now we are all complete.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MightyQuincunx

I eagerly await what I hope you will be able to share. I like a quote from the bible and I think this is what the world is going through right now.

Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.
Matthew 10:26

Let the revealing begin!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
the sign was more than likely put up by some idiots in the office, who was not a part of the 1%, but more likely the underlings that work for the ones who work for the 1%.

the same mentality which start hate fb pages for people who die in accidents.

he/she would probably be scouring news services seeing if it got on the news so he/she can brag to their freinds.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

I think for me it would be more like 10 percent.

"In the United States
See also: Wealth inequality in the United States and Wealth in the United States

In the United States at the end of 2001, 10% of the population owned 71% of the wealth and the top 1% owned 38%. On the other hand, the bottom 40% owned less than 1% of the nation's wealth.[13] According to this 2006 study by the Federal Reserve System, from 1989 to 2004, the distribution in the United States had been changing with indications there was a greater concentration of wealth held by the top 10% and top 1% of the population.[1] A PBS report by Solman on Aug. 16, 2011 now found that financial gains over the last decade in the United States have been mostly made at the "tippy-top" of the economic food chain as more people fall out of the middle class. The top 20 percent of Americans now holds 84 percent of U.S. wealth.[2], the 2nd 20 % holds 11%, the third 20 % 4 %. The following figure shows the actual distribution of wealth in the US. The 4th 20% (0.2%) and the Bottom 20% (0.1%) are not visible:.........."

Wealth Distribution in the United States

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I might be going out on a limb here, but could this
be just a misplaced attempt to show some humor?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
So the 1% say Let them Eat Cake???

Them intrawebs have a link for that:

Instructables: How to build a Guillotine

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
it is entirely beyond me
that anyone could be up close to this
know what is going on
and side with the 1%
we really are all different.

@ MightyQuincunx, also very interested in what you have to say, will be keeping an eye out.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I actuly kinda like that, almost as if saying here we(the 1%) are! what you gonna do?

I keep thinking like what if more than half of american citizens got out ther on the streets and made some noise

hopefully the few that are protesting now do it with passion as to inspire others like me and you

~jplays(blues)guitar

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
We should thank them for identifying themselves as the enemy. Just makes it easier for us 99%.
We can thank Cain too, as he has declared himself an enemy of liberty.

First of all, the "99% don't represent me, they represent themselves and only themselves, if they had a clear list of wants, I might agree with them, but they don't.
As for the line on Mr. Cain? All I can say is wow. This is the kind of world you want where someone speaks their mind or disagrees with you is a "enemy of liberty"? Guess that makes me an enemy of liberty too. Now we know where free speech stands in this.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I was going to edit my original post but decided against it to maintain congruency.

Here is a link for the youtube video of the champagne toasting.

You Tube Video

edit on 10-10-2011 by FarmerGeneral because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FarmerGeneral

I don't know, I kind of like cake. If I could switch between a good Red Velvet with sour creme icing, Wedding White Sheet cake, a good German Chocolate and an occasional Ice Cream cake all with lots of hot coffee or hot spiced tea I might just be happy. It would be nice to keep the house, electricity, water, internet and have the cake delivered when I wanted it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Of course they are laughing, and will continue to do so. Why not?
The protesters are quite laughable and will obviously accomplish nothing.

What they shouldn't be laughing at is the current state of the markets. The Wall Street types are committing hubris. Their own incompetence and arrogance is bringing them down.

But I guess if they need to take a break from that reality to laugh at a bunch of clowns in the street, so be it. For their sake, i hope it's not a long break.

As to the clowns, you guys are certainly keeping me in stitches, too...

"Mindless chanting and spirit fingers will vanquish our enemy!!!!!!!"
"MINDLESS CHANTING AND SPIRIT FINGERS WILL VANQUISH OUR ENEMY!!!!"

This movement is so childish and goofy, I just don't see why its adherents think most of America cares about their hipster fantasies. They don't, but enjoy your free festivals. As usual, people with real jobs are going to have to clean up behind you and solve the problems you cause.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
With all this talk of "enemy" and "occupation"... I thought we were all being encouraged by the President to be civil and not use such violent speech?

Just a question, arent those 1% Americans too?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Could that, although it could be poor humor, not be construed as incitement to rioting??

Surely the police in fairness should be obliged to take some action on their attempts to "keep the peace"/

new topics

top topics

join