It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is a connection Karnak and Carnac.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Karnak is a temple in Egypt and Carnac is an ancient stone circle in Scotland. I see a connection. From the ancient times of Atlantis, with their high knowledge, they fled when their demise was near ( as in Noah and the flood), they spread out throughout the world...they went to all continents, hence Egypt being the most notable, but many went to South America, and the Faire Isles that which we call Ireland, Scotland and England.

This is a theory, but thoughts appreciated!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
Karnak is a temple in Egypt and Carnac is an ancient stone circle in Scotland. I see a connection.

Not sure I see a connection.
One is a temple, the other is a bunch of standing stones.
One started about 2000BC, the other started before 3300BC.
Attributed to a supposed culture that dissappeared 9600 BC.

Could you describe the connection a bit better please?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

I have a book in my home library called "Ages in Chaos", but unfortunately I can't locate it at the moment. However, in it the author describes the Wall of Karnak as a record of the booty taken from Solomon's Temple. This was said to be done by the son of Solomon and Bathsheba. Just thought I would throw that in there and see if this might add to your thoughts on Karnak.

Something else that might be interesting is that in the book "The Hiram Key", it's authors speculate that after Solomon's Temple was rebuilt and the gold "replaced", the Knight's Templar found it buried in underground chambers after the second destruction. They think the Templars transported this gold to Roslin Chapel in Scotland secretly by caravan, ship and quite possibly through underground tunnels. There may be more of a connection than we realize...

edit on 10/9/2011 by visualmiscreant because: added comment

edit on 10/9/2011 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I wasn't saying it was a simultaneous happening...but the stone anomalies and name connections are similar.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Also Solomon's Temple is supposedly where the Ark of the Covenant was originally housed. Now, many think that it is in Ethiopia.

All really interesting Lore!

They say that the Ark of the Covenant was actually some sort of weapon. As in Sodom and Gomorrah...the cities destroyed.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Yesterday I watched a video that tried to explain how the Ark might have been used as some sort of sonic weapon or amplifier, as in the case with the walls of Jericho. I'll check one of the vid's, and if it's the one I'll post the link. It was a part of history.com's series on Ancient Aliens uploaded on youtube. Good stuff, all of them...

I think this is it...

edit on 10/9/2011 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think the invading Napoleon had something to do with renaming one or the other, either Karnak to Carnac or Carnac to Karnak.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

According to this site, Karnak was not the original name of the temple in Egypt as well...

Although badly ruined, no site in Egypt is more impressive than Karnak. It is the largest temple complex ever built by man, and represents the combined achievement of many generations of ancient builders. The Temple of Karnak is actually three main temples, smaller enclosed temples, and several outer temples located about three kilometers north of Luxor, Egypt. Karnak is actually the site’s modern name. Its ancient name was Ipet-isut, meaning “The Most Select (or Sacred) of All Places.” The temple lay enclosed behind massive walls and huge gates (originally made of gold); it was a vast complex or related sanctuaries, chambers, halls and courtyards. Under Rameses III, the temple at Karnak owned 433 gardens, 83 boats, 46 construction yards, 924 square miles of fields, and a65 (?) small market towns with a staff of over 60,000 priests/sages!

Source

Maginificent place "The Most Select (or Sacred) of All Places"

In my studies, I haven't found this to be the case with Solomon's Temple. It's said that it was much smaller than Solomon's palace, and according to the author, not much of a tribute to God comparitively. Don't really know much of the history though.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

That is an interesting tidbit!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

That is impressive.....Carnak...

The Carnac stones are an exceptionally dense collection of megalithic sites around the French village of Carnac, in Brittany, consisting of alignments, dolmens, tumuli and single menhirs. The more than 3,000 prehistoric standing stones were hewn from local rock and erected by the pre-Celtic people of Brittany, and are the largest such collection in the world.[1] Local tradition claims that the reason they stand in such perfectly straight lines is that they are a Roman legion turned to stone by Merlin or Saint Cornelius – Brittany has its own local versions of the Arthurian cycle. A Christian legend associated with the stones held that they were pagan soldiers in pursuit of Pope Cornelius when he turned them to stone.[2][3][4]

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Another interesting site, especially to me because of my partial Celtic heritage. I can't find the first image of the Wall of Karnak that I mentioned. Perhaps, my memory is awry, but I'm referring to the cliffs along the nile, which are covered with hieroglyphs. Anybody...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Okay, in the last few quotes, we've discovered that The Temple of Karnak in Egypt is the largest temple complex ever built by man. And, we've found that the French village of Carnac has the largest collection of standing stones ever assembled. Something is up with that, and the importance placed on both of these places in ancient times. I think we need to dig some more, this truly is fascinating.

Although this is off-topic, another "coincidence" I found yesterday was that Mt. Hermon, if memory serves me correctly, was the site of Moses' receipt of the Ten Commandments, and the site of Jesus' transfiguration. It is located on the 33rd parallel. On this same parallel, exactly opposite the globe, you would never guess what is there; Roswell, New Mexico, the site of Area 51. I wonder how Karnak and Carnac line up; maybe on the same Ley Line?????

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Good Stuff Visual....I like the way you are putting things together. This is a great site that I could spend days on just watching all the videos and documentaries that this guy has compiled.

I think you will enjoy it!

consciousvideodirectory.webs.com...

Consciousvideodirectory.webs.com

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
Okay, in the last few quotes, we've discovered that The Temple of Karnak in Egypt is the largest temple complex ever built by man. And, we've found that the French village of Carnac has the largest collection of standing stones ever assembled.

Small note: It is the largest ANCIENT temple complex known, the more modern site at Angkor Wat is larger and was built over a shorter time span. The largest temple complex still in common use is, I believe, Vellithirumutha Gramam known better to westerners as Srirangam or as the site of the Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
hahahahahaaaa

did you watch that programme on the bbc today.....lol....me too

firstly....those blocks are not 5,500 yrs old...they are 3.500 yr old........if they are 5,500 yrs old, that makes them older than egypts pharaoh.......pure BS....

eccentric....not real facts

peace

karnack name was probably used....links to scota, ramsees2 daughter

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

That's a coincidence, because I did not watch anything on the BBC!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
reply to post by thePharaoh

That's a coincidence, because I did not watch anything on the BBC!

yes BBC2 i think.....its a programme called `ancient britain`.....and they spoke about exactly what your op is about.

find it on the bbc iplayer...monday night

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Great link, thanks alot.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm irritated by the fact that every damn ancient structure with signs of civilization being labeled as a "temple" by these so called expert archeologists WTF. Are we supposed to believe that these ancient people with advance knowledge of mathematics, astrology, geografi spent all their spare time praying? It's absurd, we should be the ones praying, with this terrible power hungry world we are living in. But anyways, just because some sites had images of leaders aka gods doesn't mean that it was used for worship. Every damn office today has framed pictures of it's most important leaders, founders.Muslims take their rugs to work where they pray to Allah every afternoon, Embassies and government offices have flags and often pictures of a president and what not. Should the people of tomorrow called these places temples of places of worship. Get the f..... out of here!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Howdy Eniii

Originally posted by Eniii
I'm irritated by the fact that every damn ancient structure with signs of civilization being labeled as a "temple" by these so called expert archeologists WTF. Are we supposed to believe that these ancient people with advance knowledge of mathematics, astrology, geografi spent all their spare time praying?

"Every" Eniii, I think the term would be 'many'.

Lets look at the seven ancient wonders of the world:

Great Pyramid of Giza: Tomb, associated with temples and their religion but not technically a temple

Hanging Gardens of Babylon: If it existed as noted by ancient writers it might be deemed sacred but not acutally a temple

Temple of Artemis at Ephesus: Well that one's easy

Statue of Zeus at Olympia: Yep a temple

Mausoleum of Halicarnassus: Tomb

Colossus of Rhodes: A statue of a god and not a temple

Lighthouse of Alexandria: As stated, not a temple

Define if you please what you mean by

advance knowledge of mathematics, astrology, geografi

Additionally people in the west who have removed a great deal of spirituality from their lives don't seem to understand the power of religion in other cultures and other times. Even in the west the largest building in a city would have been the Ccathedral - and we fought centuries of wars over aspects of religion. Ancient people devoted a great deal of effort and time to religion and many of the buildings they built were religious oriented - but not all

top topics

<<   2 >>

join