It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singer Laura Branigan dies at 47 (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Female pop vocalist dies at young age.

ap.tbo.com
Branigan died Thursday in her sleep at her home, said her manager, John Bowers. He would not disclose the cause, although her official Web site listed it as a brain aneurysm.

Branigan released seven albums after her debut "Branigan," including "Solitaire," "Self Control," and "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You," which was co-written with Michael Bolton. Her songs also appeared on soundtracks for the films "Flashdance" and "Ghostbusters".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Just reporting...
I�m not a fan.
I know who she was though.
I bet most of you have heard of her too...

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Female pop vocalist dies at young age.

ap.tbo.com
Branigan died Thursday in her sleep at her home, said her manager, John Bowers. He would not disclose the cause, although her official Web site listed it as a brain aneurysm.

Branigan released seven albums after her debut "Branigan," including "Solitaire," "Self Control," and "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You," which was co-written with Michael Bolton. Her songs also appeared on soundtracks for the films "Flashdance" and "Ghostbusters".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Just reporting...
I�m not a fan.
I know who she was though.
I bet most of you have heard of her too...

That is sad news. I truly enjoyed her music, saw her perform at the height of her career and thoroughly enjoyed the performance. Her Self Control video was a breakthrough, as she was one of the first to introduce more than subtle sex.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Dang there is a name I hadn't heard in AGES. But liked her music. Sad to see her go at such a young age.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Sad,sad, story,

However thank God she passed away in her sleep. She was remarkable even though unrecognized. In her last album one can clearly sense the influence of Leonard Cohen, for whom she sang back up vocals for awhile.
Leonard Cohen was the Conductor of The Boston Symphony Orchestra and a prolific song writer often featured on Austin City Limits.

A Fond Farewell From,

Tut

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamenLeonard Cohen was the Conductor of The Boston Symphony Orchestra...

I don't know anything about the singer in question, but are you certain that Leonard Cohen was ever the conductor of the Boston Symphony Orchestra.

[edit on 04/8/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Please excuse Me Sir,

I was apparently delusional. It happens!

TUT

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wow, now theres a name from waaay back!

Too bad she is gone. The 80's pop music sure as hell was no where as vile as the current crap.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
The 80's pop music sure as hell was no where as vile as the current crap.
Even growing up in the era of rock and roll, I still think the pennacle of popular music was the big-band swing era.

[edit on 04/8/29 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

join