It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Proof Of God??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Akragon

Space is just like water just a different form of it, think about it.
LOL. Learn some science before you start trying to prove Gods existence. This is classic.

WATER is a group of atoms (2 hydrogen, 1 oxygen). Space has several meanings. It can be used to refer to "outer-space". It could also be used to describe a volume of space anywhere. I could say something like "there isn't enough space in my room" and it would make sense. The air isn't really empty though, it's full of invisible stuff. Space, as in the space between planets, isn't empty either, there is dust and comets and all sort of things. An empty pocket of space is called a "vacuum". But there isn't really such a thing as a completely empty volume of space.

Debunk this:

A video of an astronaut in space looks exactly like a video of a deep sea diver.

Is that a fact or not

Just answer that one question.

Anyone care to answer this one simple question

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Are you blind?!? I just answered it:

reply to post by ProphecyPhD

A video of an astronaut in space looks exactly like a video of a deep sea diver.
It's simple really. They are both in a dark area and wearing suits to protect themselves from an environment they weren't made to live in. If they were to both take off their suits they would die in very different ways. A rock will still fall if you drop it into water. In space a rock will behave in the same way as any other bit of matter. Include water. Water will float in space too.

edit on 9-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I am having a very hard time believing the op is serious. I suspect this thread is designed to aggravate those of us with common sense. Or, possibly a sort of parody of mindless word-for-word believers of the bible.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It's simple really. They are both in a dark area and wearing suits to protect themselves from an environment they weren't made to live in. If they were to both take off their suits they would die in very different ways. A rock will still fall if you drop it into water. In space a rock will behave in the same way as any other bit of matter. Include water. Water will float in space too.

How do you know this?

The people who thought the world was flat spoke just how you do.

Am i right or wrong?

Tell the truth.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

How do you know this?

The people who thought the world was flat spoke just how you do.

Am i right or wrong?

Tell the truth.

You are the modern day equivalent of people who thought the Earth was flat. Seriously, log off ATS right now and open a book.

edit on 9-10-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

link   

Ok...I'm done. You have to be joking or just brain dead. There's no point wasting my time.

link   

Originally posted by dave0davidson
I am having a very hard time believing the op is serious. I suspect this thread is designed to aggravate those of us with common sense. Or, possibly a sort of parody of mindless word-for-word believers of the bible.

I don't believe everything we are told about space but it appears you do.

This IS a conspiracy website you know.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

So space has buoyancy?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

So space has buoyancy?

Stop being ignorant.

I never said space was water,i said it was similar. As similar to water as helium is to air.

Read what i wrote and start denying ignorance.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Calling me ignorant.

Do I honestly have to spell it out for you OP?

Space:

Space is the boundless, three-dimensional extent in which objects and events occur and have relative position and direction.[1] Physical space is often conceived in three linear dimensions, although modern physicists usually consider it, with time, to be part of a boundless four-dimensional continuum known as spacetime. In mathematics one examines "spaces" with different numbers of dimensions and with different underlying structures. The concept of space is considered to be of fundamental importance to an understanding of the physical universe although disagreement continues between philosophers over whether it is itself an entity, a relationship between entities, or part of a conceptual framework.

Water:

Water is a chemical substance with the chemical formula H2O. Its molecule contains one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms connected by covalent bonds. Water is a liquid at ambient conditions, but it often co-exists on Earth with its solid state, ice, and gaseous state (water vapor or steam). Water also exists in a liquid crystal state near hydrophilic surfaces.[1][2] Under nomenclature used to name chemical compounds, Dihydrogen monoxide is the scientific name for water, though it is almost never used.[3]

Edit: In other words, water is as similar to space as Potassium is.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Read what i wrote and start denying ignorance.

Correct me if im wrong, but isn't everyone in this thread denying ignorance except you?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Are you blind?!? I just answered it:

A rock will drop in water but the titanic will float on top.

Think about that. We know more about water than we know about space and we don't know squat about our waters.

Think about that Mrs. SpaceExpert

Imagine what we haven't even begun to learn.

Think outside the box.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

The closest you can get to weightlessness on Earth in in the water.

True or not

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

No, you are not weightless in water. Like I said, it's called "buoyancy". Open a book for once.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The closest anyone can get to ANY space environment on Earth is in the water!!

I dare ANYONE to debunk that!!

edit on 10/9/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: on Earth

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

No, you are not weightless in water. Like I said, it's called "buoyancy". Open a book for once.

i didn't say you would be weightless, i said "the closest u could get to it"

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Even if your ludicrous theory were true, it still would not be enough evidence to prove the existence of god. The verses that you refer to could have been writen by ancient aliens visitors from outerspace, or time travelers, or sages from an ancient civilization.

Its all just a plausible as the "god did it" thing.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The closest anyone can get to ANY space environment on Earth is in the water!!

I dare ANYONE to debunk that!!

edit on 10/9/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: on Earth

And what does that have to do with God?

It's also not true either. Vacuums can be created on Earth.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So no one disagrees with my information.

They just disagree with GOD.

Ok, i get it now.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

So no one disagrees with my information.

They just disagree with GOD.

Ok, i get it now.

God didn't write the bible man...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join