It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Proof Of God??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
So explain to me the difference between "space" and water

You've just broken some sort of world record for ignorance. I can't stop laughing.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Hello ProphecyPhD,

The verses you are quoting are from the first 5 books of Bible, generally known as "The books of Moses" - and until recently assumed to have been written by Moses, but in fact were (re)written between 700 and 500 BC by as many as 4 authors, most probably high priests, who wrote them based on ORAL tradition and scarce written documents. This is why in these books it always says "And then Moses did this ..." or "then Moses DIED ..." instead of "And then I did this" as it should say if Moses was indeed the author of those books.

Do not get me wrong - at one time Moses DID indeed have revelation from God, and most probably wrote that down - but these ORIGINALS got lost - and what we have today is a poor mix-up of as many as 4 different books all combined into one writ - therefore you can hardly take any verse out of these books to try and prove God's existence - because the verses in itself are unreliable, edited, changed, and rewritten so as it is almost impossible to know which of those are verses identical to the original and which are not.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
RyansSuperman, WindWord and OsirisIndigo are all saying the same thing without answering the question.

The same sensations of being in space is what you feel in water!!

Who cares about the composition??

Space is just like water just a different form of it, think about it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

The world Rāqîa‘ appears seven times in Genesis 1. This is the world that translates to firmament. The world translates to these words: “expanse, “dome,” “vault,” “sky,” “space,” and even “horizon,” “air,” and “solid arch.”

Waters is both literal and figurative. I have always held that waters is also a metaphor for energy. In Greek philosophy, for instance, water is believed to be what everything is made from. 1 Liter of water has 111 moles of hydrogen. 1 Gallon of water would be 4707 Liters of volume for hydrogen. When considering the makeup of the sun and solar dynamics of water in relation, you can see that hydrogen is the key to the firmament as waters above and below to create life on earth. Other research suggests that hydrogen is a memory molecule and transmits vast amounts of information around the universe. This type of research is in its infancy. It has been suggested by many physicists that the strings in string theory are bits of DNA type information creating matter from energy.

The dome you speak of is visible in the video in the OP (which was not visible at the time The Holy Bible was written).

“expanse, “dome,” “vault,” “sky,” “space,” and even “horizon,” “air,” and “solid arch.”

Water being a figurative term works PERFECTLY with my "space is water" theory.

Seriously

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

RyansSuperman, WindWord and OsirisIndigo are all saying the same thing without answering the question.

Yes, the SENSATION is the same - but the verses you bring up are still a POOR proof. You want something more powerful? Check this out:

Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?
- Qur'an, 21:30

and this:

And it is We who have built the universe with power; and, verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it.
- Qur'an, 51:47

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Space isn't like water at all...

In water you float and are weightless... In space you are weightless yes.... but you don't stay floating, you litterally fall... being in orbit around the earth you are falling around the earth...

There is not similarity between water and space...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

Hello ProphecyPhD,

The verses you are quoting are from the first 5 books of Bible, generally known as "The books of Moses" - and until recently assumed to have been written by Moses, but in fact were (re)written between 700 and 500 BC by as many as 4 authors, most probably high priests, who wrote them based on ORAL tradition and scarce written documents. This is why in these books it always says "And then Moses did this ..." or "then Moses DIED ..." instead of "And then I did this" as it should say if Moses was indeed the author of those books.

Do not get me wrong - at one time Moses DID indeed have revelation from God, and most probably wrote that down - but these ORIGINALS got lost - and what we have today is a poor mix-up of as many as 4 different books all combined into one writ - therefore you can hardly take any verse out of these books to try and prove God's existence - because the verses in itself are unreliable, edited, changed, and rewritten so as it is almost impossible to know which of those are verses identical to the original and which are not.

The verses i have quoted are from the first chapter of The Holy Bible, verses 6 and 7.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

In water you float and are weightless... In space you are weightless yes.... but you don't stay floating, you litterally fall... being in orbit around the earth you are falling around the earth...

Tell that to a deep sea diver and an astronaut sitting in the same bar.

I triple dog dare ya!!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The verses i have quoted are from the first chapter of The Holy Bible, verses 6 and 7.

??

Isn't that what I wrote? I said the verses are from the first 5 books of the Bible.
And I still stand by my point, that the "proof" you brought is weak.

The ones I brought - Big Bang and Expansion of the Universe are not - since these 2 astronomical phenomena were both discovered in the 20th century, while the verses quoted are from a book written in the 7th century.

Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?
- Qur'an, 21:30

And it is We who have built the universe with power; and, verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it.
- Qur'an, 51:47

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I triple dog dare ya!!

O....k

Next time i have that chance i will...

You do know i was speaking from a practical perspective... You do realize you can't just float in space right?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I triple dog dare ya!!

O....k

You do know i was speaking from a practical perspective... You do realize you can't just float in space right?

Says the guy who has been to space.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

This is what we science-types call the "atmosphere", you might have heard of it.

Seriously guys, are we still living in the 19th century? No, space is not made out of water. Open a book.

Edit: Oh s***, y'all are probably going to burn me for being a witch now.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

LOL. Learn some science before you start trying to prove Gods existence. This is classic.

WATER is a group of atoms (2 hydrogen, 1 oxygen). Space has several meanings. It can be used to refer to "outer-space". It could also be used to describe a volume of space anywhere. I could say something like "there isn't enough space in my room" and it would make sense. The air isn't really empty though, it's full of invisible stuff. Space, as in the space between planets, isn't empty either, there is dust and comets and all sort of things. An empty pocket of space is called a "vacuum". But there isn't really such a thing as a completely empty volume of space.

Consider this: space is full of water!!!

edit on 9-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

This is what we science-types call the "atmosphere", you might have heard of it.

Seriously guys, are we still living in the 19th century? No, space is not made out of water. Open a book.

You call it an atmosphere and i call it a firmament, whats the difference

I do not believe that space is made out of water, i believe it is just a different form of it.

Helium isn't air but it is a different form of it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Akragon

LOL. Learn some science before you start trying to prove Gods existence. This is classic.

WATER is a group of atoms (2 hydrogen, 1 oxygen). Space has several meanings. It can be used to refer to "outer-space". It could also be used to describe a volume of space anywhere. I could say something like "there isn't enough space in my room" and it would make sense. The air isn't really empty though, it's full of invisible stuff. Space, as in the space between planets, isn't empty either, there is dust and comets and all sort of things. An empty pocket of space is called a "vacuum". But there isn't really such a thing as a completely empty volume of space.

Consider this: space is full of water!!!

That wasn't my post....

And this isn't my thread

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Akragon

Debunk this:

A video of an astronaut in space looks exactly like a video of a deep sea diver.

Is that a fact or not

Just answer that one question.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
*sigh*

This is why I dislike religion. It gives people an excuse for being ignorant and not taking the time to learn anything about how the universe works.

Why open a book and learn all those big, complicated facts when you can just say "God did it" and go about the rest of your day having no understanding of what the hell's actually happening?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ooops, sorry, just fixed it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I triple dog dare ya!!

O....k

Says the guy who has been to space.

So you basically made this thread to argue with people?

Nothing decent to say, just smart ass comments?

You're only showing your ignorance here, and not proving anything...

Its a known fact you don't float in space, you fall....... there is no forces that can affect you in the vacuum of space, thus... you are affected by the only force that can affect you, which is gravity.... At a certian speed in orbit, you litterally fall around the planet. This is the case with satalites in orbit...

edit on 9-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

A video of an astronaut in space looks exactly like a video of a deep sea diver.
It's simple really. They are both in a dark area and wearing suits to protect themselves from an environment they weren't made to live in. If they were to both take off their suits they would die in very different ways. A rock will still fall if you drop it into water. In space a rock will behave in the same way as any other bit of matter. Include water. Water will float in space too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join