It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Strange Coincidence.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I happened across something very interesting for those who like coincidences and conspiracies.
The groundbreaking ceremony for the pentagon took place on September 11, 1941 EXACTLY 60 years before it was attacked.

Facts & Figures
The Pentagon�a building, institution, and symbol�was conceived at the request of Brigadier General Brehon B. Sommervell, Chief of the Construction Division of the Office of the Quartermaster General, on a weekend in mid-July 1941. The purpose was to provide a temporary solution to the War Department�s critical shortage of space.The groundbreaking ceremony took place on September 11, 1941. The building was dedicated on January 15, 1943, nearly 16 months to the day after the groundbreaking.
Prime contract awarded 11 August 1941

Mechanical engineering contract awarded 3 September 1941

Construction began 11 September 1941

www.defenselink.mil...

Just thought it to be a STRANGE coincidence and wanted to share it with you all.

Edited for a typo

[edit on 5-9-2004 by K_OS]

[edit on 9-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
very intriguing. Also i heard that 911 is somekind of Illuminati symbol.

Of course this was planned years and years ago.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
But wasnt the pentagon a 2ndary target?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
i always thought they blew up the pentagon so that they could have alot of sensitive files destroyed without question

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
That is an intersting factoid. I guess you can find all kinds of 911 similarities if you really look for them.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scyman
But wasnt the pentagon a 2ndary target?

Apparently the whitehouse was the target but the pilots changed their minds because of the difficulty of hitting the target. Strange how even though they thought that would be hard, on the the run up to the pentagon flight controllers thought it was a military jet becuase of the difficult manouvers it made. Even army people have said that only a highly skilled pilot could ahve done this. Those people were not highly skilled pilots.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If I were to put on my conspiracy helmet, I would suggest that the pentagon was hit by a scrambled fighter jet, to rouse regular military personnel into a vengeance mode. It also gave the powers that be more justification, to move forward with WAR.

The Towers are hit with passenger styled planes, but it would further the "government agenda" by making it look like the Terrorists were going after military, and leadership targets.

Phew, conspiracy helmet off, we now resume your normal programming,

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The groundbreaking ceremony for the pentagon took place on September 11, 1961 EXACTLY 60 years before it was attacked.

It was 1941 :p

First I thought 1961+60 is 2021, so wtf??

Then reading further I see you misquoted the article :p

1941+60=2001

Might wana fix that

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
something special happened in september 11 too i learned it in history class......it was during some war when they still used those single shot guns....muskets or whatever....something happened i just keep forgetting

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yes, the pentagon was dedicated on 9/11/1941, and 60 years later the WTC was attacked. If you add 6+0=6 = 6:00 or 0600 the time when the hijackers were getting to the planes. Now the 911 phone system was implemented ... zzzz ..... zzz ....zzzzzz

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
If I were to put on my conspiracy helmet, I would suggest that the pentagon was hit by a scrambled fighter jet, to rouse regular military personnel into a vengeance mode. It also gave the powers that be more justification, to move forward with WAR.

The Towers are hit with passenger styled planes, but it would further the "government agenda" by making it look like the Terrorists were going after military, and leadership targets.

-ADHDsux4me

Just you wait. Within six months, this will be acepted fact by a small group of people on the internet. "A friend of a friend of a friend saw this online, so it must be true."

Mark my words

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
something special happened in september 11 too i learned it in history class......it was during some war when they still used those single shot guns....muskets or whatever....something happened i just keep forgetting

Youre thinking the War of 1812. The british burned Washington DC on Sep 11, I believe, if i remeber history lessons. Ill have to check again.

KOS, Seekerof actually did a thread on this last year. The grounbreaking ceremony for the pentagon was Sep 11, 1941.

He also showed other interesting coincidence. The ground breaking ceremony for the WTC was also on the same day of the year as another terrorist attack last year or the year before.

Ask Seekerof, as i hate this search engine, and will have one hell of a time finding the thread, but he should know where it is.

Its a real good read, and Im glad you brought up this buried subject yet again.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I just found this out as well a couple of days ago, while researching September 11th in history. Check this site out:

www.september11news.com...

Some highlights:

"The most startling discovery was a book written in 1981, 20 years prior to the 2001 attacks, called "The
Birth of Christ Recalculated". The author, Dr. Ernest L. Martin, claims to have calculated the exact date of Jesus
Christ's birth based on the celestial charts for that era. The date of Christ's birth, based on the famous Star of
Bethlehem, is calculated to be September 11, 3 B.C.. Dr. Martin's findings have been accepted by many
scholars, theologians, historians, and astronomers. We also note that Jesus Christ has 11 letters. The crosses
found standing in the ruins of the WTC, and the dominance of the number 11 in the 9-11 events,
make this combination even more mysterious."

"There is another significant religious event occurring about 2000 years later on September 11, 1999.
According to Hebrew scriptures September 11, 1999 was the 6,000th anniversary of Adam's creation, and
year 1 on the Hebrew calendar."

On September 11, 1609
the explorer Henry Hudson sailed into
New York harbor and discovers
Manhattan Island and the Hudson River.

Interesting "coincidences",
Tom Sawyer

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
A somewhat interesting read is over at:

exodus2006.com...

There is an interview there with al-qaeda, regarding 9/11 and future events. It is supposedly fake, but who knows? Worth a read anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
9/11 is also the anniversary of the battle of brandywine creek in the american civil war. Probably doesn't mean anything; but interesting for history nonetheless.

More Info

The battle of Brandywine was fought on September 11, 1777,near Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, southwest of Philadelphia. ..

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
seems to me september 11th is becoming the "friday the 13th" of the new era.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
For British ATS members, and those with really, really sensitive terrestrial ariels
There's a show on Channel 4 this Thursday (9th September) at 9.00pm called 9/11 Conspiracies that deals with reported conspiracy and coincident theories surrounding the events of 9/11. Looks a very interesting show methinks.

Mor

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
thanks for pointing that out, i'll be watching it tommorow for sure.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me

-ADHDsux4me

has anyone seen this video yet?

www.ebaumsworld.com...

pretty crazy if you ask me

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Very interesting video. Always thought it was a little odd...

Correct URL: 9/11 Pentagon Conspiracy?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join