It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ewok' s are real.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Okay, I so wish.

I hope this is the right forum for this. I'm not saying Ewok's aren't real, (we know they are
)

However, I thought I'd share a nice story about a young Dad, trying to keep a fantasy alive for his little kids through the use of the much hated 'Photoshop'.

www.wired.com...

A bit cr*p, I know but it made me smile.

A great Dad.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
kind of cute. Depends on the kids, though. My ex has my five year old convinced that pokeon are real and he has seen them. She falls for it too much, to the point of arguing with other classmates that know better. He thinks it is funny and cute, but i worry that it just makes her look gullible and weird to her classmates. And we all know how hard it is to fit in at school anyway. But perhaps thei is something to be said for prolonging the magic that is belief in movies.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If you can dream it, then it can be real.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

Pokémon aren't real? Crap!!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
How many of you had parents that sent you snipe-hunting? Good times.

This is harmless fun, I think. Kids love this stuff.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Yes but it can back-fire.
My older brother told me the tooth fairy, (which I believed in since loosing one of my front milk teeth and getting 50p for, tucked under my pillow) would come for the rest of my teeth if i didn't give him my Kernit the frog hand puppet. I cried every night for weeks, sh*t scared of her coming after the rest of my teeth.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Poor you. But hey, that is one of the perks of being an older sibling. I had my brother believing that invisible dragons were in the woods. Worked for awhile...

edit on 9-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yes , I hear ya! It is great for kids to have beliefs, but they can be used against them too!
I think as parents we do have a responsibility to ensure that our children learn early on how to distinguish between beliefs that areencouraged for a time, like santa and the easter bunny, and beliefs that are to be met with skepticism, like the tooth fiary stealing all your teeth in one go! lol. Or like my daughter and her pokemon. I encourage her to have some fantasy with the santa and all, but i try very very hard to teach her that nothing on tv short of her science docs are real. For me to encourage her in thinking that pokemon are real it would be in effect telling her that anything on tv might be real, regardless of what I say. And there are too many things on tv that at her age would scare or worry her if she thought they were real, not to mention that as she gets older and starts getting incorrect messages about sexuality or self-image, i want her to have the basics down by then and a firm sense that what is on that stupid box in no way has anything to do with reality. i know - i am no fun sometimes!!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Great Dad. Not a great thread.

No SnF forrrr yhou!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Poor you. But hey, that is one of the perks of being an older sibling. I had my brother believing that invisible dragons were in the woods. Worked for awhile...

edit on 9-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Oh to be an older sibling.

It's a pity that same older brother didn't get a smacked ar$e for lying through his own teeth by telling me an my Mum and Dad that Santa's sleigh woke him up on x'mas morning, as his sleigh bumped into our bedroom window. He opened two of my presents. I felt deprived sleeping through that and I was upset that I had two presents less than him to open in the morning . What could my parents say ?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Great Dad. Not a great thread.

No SnF forrrr yhou!

No not a great thread, I did warn you.

new topics

top topics

join