It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Important Message To All Ron Paul Supporters.

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I am aware that this message has been posted in one form or another in the past, but I feel it necessary to include the pertinent information regarding how each state handles inter-party voting in the primaries.

Many are not aware that in several states, you cannot vote in the primaries if you are registered to vote in a different party. What this means for Ron Paul supporters (like myself) who picked Democrat or Independent for their party affiliation when they registered to vote, will often not be able to vote in their state's Republican Primaries. Our candidate not winning the GOP nomination, will have a very slim chance of actually being elected as POTUS. There is overwhelming support for Dr. Paul in our community efforts, but there is a HUGE variable that many are overlooking. It is not enough for us to support our candidate by informing people on his stances. We must also inform people of the process that this corrupt, bipartisan voting system can use to undermine "third party" candidates, such as Ron Paul, when they are running under the banner of a mainstream party.

Please review this link to see if you live in a state where you will have to change your party affiliation to be able to support your candidate. Also, keep in mind that some states require that you change your party affiliation up to 12 weeks before the primaries are held to be eligible to vote.

I should also add that this thread is not intended to recruit anybody to the support of my favored presidential candidate, but merely to inform those who already intend to vote for Ron Paul of what hurdles they may have to jump to be able to do so.

Please spread this message as much as possible, along with the great message the man already has shared, if you want to see Ron Paul in the White House. We need him to win the primaries if we are to have a chance in hell of our peaceful revolution succeeding.

Peace and Love to all of you who are willing to fight for it,
Q&A

edit on 9-10-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: typo

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
its called rigging last tim i checked it didnt matter voting is voting there should be no restrictions period unless its always been set up and rigged withc seems to get more obvious and obvious

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowcorp
its called rigging last tim i checked it didnt matter voting is voting there should be no restrictions period unless its always been set up and rigged withc seems to get more obvious and obvious

No rigging to it. In some states you have be registered to that party before the primary before you can vote in it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It certainly isn't "rigging". That's not the message that I was trying to get across. It is however, yet another example of how bipartisan voting is unfair and how it will undermine much of the support that Ron Paul has generated amongst those who label themselves as "Democrats" or "Independents". Many are not aware of this, and we need to spread that knowledge.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Primary voting varies by state. Here in Ohio we have semi-open primaries, meaning you don't need to claim a particular party when you register, but need to ask for a parties ticket at the polls (for primaries). It really depends on the state you live in, and I would encourage everyone to check their states process. RP 2012!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

bumping your thread.

IF you live in a state that requires you to be registered republican to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries, you might want to make sure you are registered repubican, now.

Won't matter for the big vote which party you are registered for. You can always change back to another party, if you so desire, later.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Thanks for the bump, and for the compliment in that other thread.

On topic, I'm surprised at how many people I've provided this information to are so vehemently opposed to registering as a Republican in order to be able to vote in the primaries. I know several people who support Ron Paul very strongly, but absolutely refuse to register as a Republican due to the bad taste in their mouth with the Republican party's stances on so many issues. While I find this to be asinine, I have to respect their stance. You made a very good point that I'm going to use to hopefully sway them to give real support where it counts: in the primaries.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Well, I am not a republican, I really quite dislike the party, but I wanted to vote for Ron Paul in the last primary, so here I am.

You gotta do what you gotta do. It hasn't hurt me at all, and only helped me to help further what I believe in.

Edit/PS: There's no law against changing parties to vote for a candidate you want. In fact, it shows great strength of character to not stick to one party, for no other reason than you've always been part of that team.

edit on 19-11-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Did something I never would consider doing otherwise and registered as a republican here in connecticut. I'll likely change that after the election, but still, I've been attempting to persuade friends who aren't even willing to vote for him for president at least vote for him in the primary. Not much success, but everyone needs to try.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Here are the dates for each state's primary.
www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com...

This will be the first election I vote in, at the age of 29

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Just goes to show that even those of us who are well informed are not as informed as we though. I had no damn idea about this. Thank you for sharing this information.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Good information in here and I appreciate your contribution to educating Americans about the processes involved (apparently several weeks in advance
).

All I have to say is if they let Canada in on the voting, Ron Paul would win hands down

edit on 22-12-2011 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You have to be registered as a Republican?

Doesn't that mean those in charge are going to know which party you are voting for?

Here in Australia, who you vote for is considered confidential. Some even consider it rude to ask someone else who they voted for.
edit on 22/12/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshepherd2
All I have to say is if they let Canada in on the voting, Ron Paul would win hands down

The problem is, some people who would like to vote for Ron Paul may not be able to due to the way the system works.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well I see the point in not being able to vote in the republican primary, if you affiliate with the democratic party. Instead of voting for a democratic candidated, when a democrat whom is in office already, whom he wants to be reelected, he could cast a vote for a republican candidate, of whom he thinks he will surely loose against the potus up for reelection.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
For some reason I thought this was the case in every state. It's good you're bringing it to peoples attention that might not be aware.

I never declared a party because we've never had anybody worth voting for in the primaries,.. they've always been the same on both sides, except Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
F the Greedy Oligarchy Pigs (GOP). Ron Paul deserves lots of credit for representing an honest LIBERTARIAN philosophy, but he needs to GTFO the GOP before he looses what integrity he's got left. Otherwise, write in your moms.
edit on 3/18/2012 by reitze because: emphasis

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
What is ridiculous (in NY state) ..

I sent in a voter registration form to switch to Republican so I can vote in the primaries. They updated my address but I was still registered as a democrat. So I sent in another one to make the same change.

This time I received a letter saying that the change will not occur till October of this, or next year.
Either way, I won't be voting in the primaries.

I see no reason why they should have such a rule.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Bump.

Got to love the old dominion, nice to see my home state is still lenient on these things.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

"you might want to make sure you are registered repubican, now. "

Thats akin to joining the Nazi party.. worst advice ever. Sure thing...high step with a smile on over to the nearest party house of ill repute and greet the party leaders with a fat happy "sieg heil"

Like the DNC, it's just a political party, eh?.. no big deal if their so called leaders lie wars into being, have killed upwards of a million innocent souls, erode civil liberties and sell out their gullible loyal plebes at every opportunity... join the traitors!!.. fantastic idea.

Ron Paul needs to drop the proto fascist GOP like a bad habit and run against both evil corrupt criminal partys.

top topics

join