It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Realistic Survival Game: Scenario 1: Economic Collapse.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Therian

Off-topic time - so if we all agree real time, then the scenario starts april 15th 2012, but post went up Spt 10th of 2011, stay with me, it is now Oct 17 so 38 days into the event. That puts us around May 22nd of 2012.

So we can all agree (of course Druid can smack us all
if we are wrong) that it is toward the end of May and everyone should be getting truck crops in the gound and winter is 8 months away short of any climate shift of other strange events.

Great - the die off will hit at the height of summer, oh the stench - oh the humanity! LOL

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mantarey

Right I forgot to add the days together, Battling zombie and gangs does ten to blur the days together.. So late May and aye crops need to be set soon..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
ATS Transponder: “Yesterday, we got word that a large armed group was heading west toward the town we had been using as a staging area. We have already stripped all the useful resources from the town weeks ago. It main use for us now was a hub for traffic into and out of the camp. Our base camp being eight miles west, we cannot defend the town. I will hate to lose it, just not enough personal. It would also be a major drain on our ammo. We started the withdraw setting up an ambush point four miles west if they continue toward base camp.
On another note, crops are planted and doing well. We are not worried about food and water for now, this winter we should be ok. I am in the middle of reloading .44mag and .223 ammo. We have 45-70 Gov. and 44-40 as well. We do have a limited supply of jacketed bullets; the older firearms can handle molded rounds so we grabbed all the lead weights we could fine. As for power, it will last for a while if we can stay out of fire fights. We hope this country can pull itself together soon, I hear military units fighting each other to the west, can someone confirm? KY BC standing by” Over

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I too have been going by real time. Guess I missed the April part in the start. Well, I've never been known for my proof reading skills.

I guess Druid should decide since he started the idea.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

I think we are all going on real time and have set time check at event plus 38 days so we are at the end of May 2012 almost. Good to hear crops in!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by oldshooter1979

NYVT Camp to KY BC... over

Glad to hear you are well. Sorry to hear about your inbound troubles though. Hang tough...
We are expecting to see similar events heading are way soon...
Hope not were are a good 200 miles from any serious metros...

Anyways keep us posted on how it turns out

NYVT out

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ElizaAshdene

NYVT Camp to SERocky Camp...over

Glad to here parties are linking up. We are getting nothing but EBS recordings sporadically. We are like Kentucky Camp and nervously awaitng metro out flows. Seems like the dying season may be upon us soon. Keep your heads down and stay tucked away.

NYVT Camp Out

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Off topic: Excellent, Oct 17 2011= May 22 2012. Today.

I, too, missed that April thing. :-) Going to go back through all posts and plot everything we have , maybe it will keep me on track better. Also- about now is when seeds/seedlings are ready to go in ground. More on that later.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mantarey
reply to post by Therian

Off-topic time - so if we all agree real time, then the scenario starts april 15th 2012, but post went up Spt 10th of 2011, stay with me, it is now Oct 17 so 38 days into the event. That puts us around May 22nd of 2012.

if we are wrong) that it is toward the end of May and everyone should be getting truck crops in the gound and winter is 8 months away short of any climate shift of other strange events.

Great - the die off will hit at the height of summer, oh the stench - oh the humanity! LOL

Off topic:

So... Here on ATS... the date is all European. (As I live in the states, this messes with me often.)

Date/Month/Year.

Start date of the thread was Oct. 9th.

Today is Oct. 17... It's been 8 days? Making it April 23.... Consensus?
edit on 17/10/11 by ElizaAshdene because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ElizaAshdene

I think that the consensus is end of May 2012. That should work if we all start there. I don't really have a preference as to start time, just need to be on the same page so I'm not talking winter when everyone else is talking spring.

On Topic:

ATS Transponder: SETX checking in. The closest meto area to us is Houston. People have been pouring out of the city but fortunately for us they are trying to use main highways for the most part. They are being picked up by military and police on the freeways.

We have had some of our members finally make it here from Houston. They had to come on foot - carefully - to avoid being picked up. The news is not good. Those that are not fleeing are the gangbangers, etc. They are setting up perimeters around Houston and pretty much have taken over the city. Those that are trying to leave now must pay to escape. I imagine its not pretty for any that get caught in the perimeters without the means to pay. We will try to get more info on this and will post later.

The border skirmishes have somewhat diminished as the pockets of virus zombies have started to die off from the virus. I believe that particular issue will resolve itself within 60 days. Since so many were initially infected the intial die off should be quite large and the numbers of people infected by virus zombies should drop significantly.

We did make a trip into town. I guess most here didn't think clearly about what to scavenge. There is only one small grocery and most of the food was gone but they didn't touch the pharmacy in the store. Not sure why. We were able to gather a large amount of medicine - both prescription and OTC. We also took whatever food was left. We have a pharmacy book so should be able to identify most of the medications and what to use them for. We do have a nurse in sister base if needed. Would like to have a little more medical staff but we will make do.

We have battery powered radios so have been able to listen for news. Not much to hear. Mostly just EBS alerts. We have heard a couple of rogue radio broadcasts. They don't last long. Not sure if the people have been picked up or if these are hit and run broadcasts. The most interesting thing we've heard is that there are people "escaping" the government camps. Their reports are extremely disturbing as to the activities in the camps. Of course, we all knew they would be.

SETX out

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Lets call it May now. Basically it took 30 days for martial law and then the rabies to spread. we started communicating 8 days ago after we all got our stuff together . is hard to explain the economy dropping then next day martial law then disease all at once.. Better for to have come this far.. So May 22..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Therian

I'm on board. Still can't plant crops due to drought.

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Therian

if we are wrong) that it is toward the end of May and everyone should be getting truck crops in the ground and winter is 8 months away short of any climate shift of other strange events.

Off-topic response:

Your math is very precise. This thread was started with that tactical advantage. Gardening. Protecting your BC, and defending your crops. We are 38 days in.

And no, no climate shifts or other strange surprises. This thread is only dealing with the Economic Collapse aspect. Scenario 2? Eh, Maybe a comet hitting the earth, or a nice pandemic, perhaps. No, let's keep this one simple. The economy tanked, world wide. There is still a huge bottle-neck to overcome.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

ATS NYVT Camp -

Mantarey's Personal Journal

Day 15 -
Lights are out in the world. No more news all media has gone dark. Emergency broadcast is running spotty but it is only a recorded message at this point, Stay home or go to camps blah blah blah. So much for the government help. I assume what is left of our glorious leadership is all secure in a bunker right now. We haven't seen any more helos or even jets in the last 4 days. I assume they are conserving fuel.

Camp morale is pretty good even after our little fire fight with some gang-banger zombies. We have start working on low visibility fortifications and extending camp perimeter. Camp is looking to vote on how many and who we allow in. We will need to expand and take folks in. Most of us reached out to extended friends and passed on code words and directions to those that hadn't gotten out yet. Hopefully some of those will make it.

It is sad this has happened. I was hoping that I was wrong and paranoid. I am glad I was though. We got a good start here. Supplies are good, strong defensive positions, and plenty of ammo to hold off a small army. I am keeping certain munitions quiet to the rest of the camp for now. I will also recommend we start planning scavenging operations. With the way things are going the next 60 days will get very scary and the die off will be in full swing.

Note to self - you have to get some small gardens going some how and soon, also hunting efforts will need to get some smoke houses up soon. Also need to show a couple of the core team the caves where the backup supplies are outside of the main supplies. We also need to find a real doctor as Nurse Betty is only part way there before we have any real issues.

God I am tired thank you Great Spirit for the timing and being here at the camp when it all cut loose. Keep the rest of our tribe safe on their journeys in.

ATS transponder: "Thanks for hanging in there. You have a bigger problem with the population influx. They should starve first, or overrun your position in the madness. Keep on guard, and best wishes to you and yours. Keep us posted, Over."

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Personal notes: We have been hanging out in KYBC, my 15 year old daughter and I, and I had been pondering the move to WVBC but we have had no response from them. I am not going into an unknown.

I have three choices, north to NYVT, south to SETX, or west to SEROCK. I am ruling out a BC in the Appalachians due to no contact. I believe WVBC has been compromised, but with no confirmation yet.

My daughter has taken a liking to a boy named Seth here at the KYBC. They have been going out on the range with a compound bow, and he is showing her how to aim, and she is making good progress. She only has to learn how the peep sights on a bow work, and she'll be a dead eye. I took two shots with the bow on the range, both bulls eye, and Seth's mouth dropped open. He has expressed interest in going on the road with us, and I've talked with his mom, and she is willing to let us travel together. He lost his dad in the original chaos, he's 17, and a good shot with a bow. I need people with bow skills on my team. I told his mom that we are planning on traveling back and forth between camps, running supplies, once things get co-ordinated with us ATS members, and that we'd be back soon to visit. Seth seems like a good kid, and if anything happens to me, I hope he'd be able to drive my 4 by, and learn how to haul supplies. The only way to know that is to teach him. I'll let him drive my rig to test him, so he learns firsthand.

Of course, I'm not good with a horny 17 year old hanging with my daughter. She had her first period at 12, so she can breed, and I'm not looking forward to that. He seems capable, but I know what's on his mind.

I have to choose a destination soon. I'm looking at your reports, and trying to decide. If it's SETX, I need to bring water, if NYVT, lots of ammo, if SEROCK, then gas and gennies.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
ATS transponder: "Has anyone coordinated the location of the FEMA camps? With all the EBS traffic, they are luring in all the zombies. I'd like a confirmation of the spots to avoid before going OTR. Thanks, Over."

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
ATS TRANSPONDER: SE ROCKIES to Therian: Forgot to mention (to anyone) found 5 wind up walkies and put them all on the same channel. They are in with the food (that's all that was left to pack). I will still be using this ATS transponder to communicate with you until you return, as we don't have anything that goes quite that far. Good luck out there, and don't put yourselves in danger if you don't have to. Would love to know what's going on with the black trucks, but not at the expense of one of you. Over.

As I walked back to camp, I couldn't help but smile at myself. Even with all the bad happening, we were making it. People were working together... and it was working. Now, I just have to keep everyone at this level of positive.

Walking past Biggins (the restaurant) I see Dwight messing with the solar panel, "Everything OK with that?"

"Oh, yeah", Dwight yelled back, "Just getting to know it really well." I wave and continue on.

I stop by the old hotel we were using for meals to get an update. The cooks are packing up supplies to move to Biggins. It's a large restaurant with a huge kitchen, perfect for feeding large numbers. There are two wood-burning stoves (for heat-not for cooking) but the rest work on gas.

I ask for the overnight bag for the three I'm about to send to the hospital for medical supplies.

"Packed for 3 days, just in case."

"Thanks," I reply. It should only be a 1/2 day journey, but being prepared should be in our favor.

I reached the Masonic Lodge (where people tend to gather), Joel, Sam and Robert (the doctor) are awaiting my arrival.

"Hey, guys. You about ready to head out?"

"Yup, looks like we're gonna take that red suburban. It's gotta full tank of gas and plenty of space for supplies, " chimed in Joel.

"Great. Here's your food. Enough rations for 3 days, but you won't need it. :-) Also three walkies and one for me. Since you're only going about 14 miles we should be able to keep contact. Robert, did you make a couple of lists so the looting can be quick and organized?"

Robert stepped forward, "Here they are," handing one to Joel and Sam. "Basically it has common name and medical name for the most important items we will need. So when we split up we can make the most out of our time."

"Excellent. You shouldn't run into any trouble. Good luck and use your walkies as much as you want."

The three get into the suburban and head west.

Now it's time for me to get to the greenhouses, today's the first day the weather started to warm up. We decided to transplant our seedlings and get a whole slew of other things in the ground. We don't have much of a growing season here, so everyone's got a greenhouse.

ATS Transponder: SE ROCKIES here. Druid: feel free to head this way with your daughter and new friend. We are quite welcoming, especially for sharp-shooters. Also, still no sign of anything west of us. I'm sure there are more survivors... we just have to find them. After our two current expeditions return, we will be sending out crews for survivors again. Over.

edit on 18/10/11 by ElizaAshdene because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
ATS transponder: "Has anyone coordinated the location of the FEMA camps? With all the EBS traffic, they are luring in all the zombies. I'd like a confirmation of the spots to avoid before going OTR. Thanks, Over."

ATS Transponder: SE ROCKIES HERE. No news about FEMA camps anywhere near us. If I had to guess though, I'd say they have one set up in/near Colorado Springs. There's heavy military there during the year, so it only makes sense. If you come this way, just stay south, practically touching the New Mexico border, you should be ok. Over.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
zzzzzt*crackle*zzzt.....is this thing on? Damn cheap plastic ATS trasponder....

Hey, if anyone's still out there:

It's been pretty chaotic down here in Daytona since they blockaded the state up around Jacksonville or somewhere. Zero supplies coming in, except what gets smuggled in via boat. We don't get much news, any more, of what's going on elsewhere.

A small group of us have managed to hole up in what used to be the local "yacht club". There are 9 of us, and we have access to up to 15 boats, ranging from 15'-50', and, as yet, open access to the ocean. We have fuel, generators, and supplies to last us a couple months of constant power. We don't run the generators but for an hour or so each day, and boat by sail power as much as possible, to extend our fuel supply.

We know that at some point we'll have to move on. The scavenger class is getting worse. We have position and sniper defense for the small groups, but when the mob comes, we're setting sail. We have yet to decide where to go, or whether to just live at sea, stopping only for supplies.

If any ATSers are in the area, we have more boats than we can sail, so consider the sailing life as an option.

Assuming this thing even works. Cheap plastic piece of zzzzt*crackle*zzzzzzzt

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

ATS Transponder: SETX here. If you sail from FL to TX across the gulf (towards Galveston) you will be within a day or so of us on foot. Couple hours if you have transportation.

You are welcome to come this way.

For anyone interested in coming this way - we have lots of hunting area - deer, hogs and small game. Lots of good fishing and if so inclined within reasonable enough distance to fish the gulf once in awhile.

As respects the FEMA Camps, they have turned the prisons into camps. Texas prisons are generally smaller facilities and scattered across the state. They are generally away from metro areas. They have signs posted on the roads near them "Prison Area. Do not pick up hithchikers". These are generally placed within a few miles of the prisons. That is about the only way I can think of to give you some type of warning when you are getting close. There are too many spread across the state for me to remember where they all are. Hope this is helpful to anyone who needs. SETX out.
edit on 10/18/2011 by TXTriker because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/18/2011 by TXTriker because: fat fingers

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join