It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Realistic Survival Game: Scenario 1: Economic Collapse.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ElizaAshdene

ATS Transponder : asia (midway island stopover)

Eliza bit of a change in plans.
The children found a group of 15 people - american military that were hiding out in the housing area 6 of them wounded 2 in serious condition am working to get them stabilized now. All are in shock and havent spoken a word yet .. Will bring them with us on the 4th aircraft and land it long enough to let them off there .. Then will proceed as planned with the drop once the 4th aircraft up to provide cover the other 3 will make the drop. Let your Doctor know to standby for wounded. The group is 7 women and 8 men appear to have been support personel here prior to the recall... Thought best to bring them along give them a chance to return home or failing that maybe they can help you rebuild once they've recovered.
Will be operating in-flight to stay on schedule.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well...I live in Indianapolis. I have a bunch of camping gear in a large plastic tub with latches which can easily fit in the back seat of my car. This particular item isn't hypothetical. I own it. It has everything someone would need to survive in the wild for the most part. I would grab a few extra things. I have a medical kit and a gun and some swords I could take as well....and of course my wife....
. May first goal obviously would be to get out of Indianapolis as any major cities population will make the situation much more dire as needs become apparent to a large populace. Since I may not be able to rely on water I would want a place where I could get fresh water that I could simply filter and boil so that I could drink it. Fortunately I feel as though I have a leg up in this situation. As I have a friend whose (rich) father owns some land about 30-40 minutes north from where I live. This location isn't rented privately to a man that lives there in a small home. This land however is at least 40 acres and has a man made pond in it. It is also surrounded by a huge metal fence (not chain link...welded together type of deal) and it has a lock on one entrance and the other entrance just look like the entrance to the privately owned home. From the road it doesn't really look like anything special and it's sort of in the middle of nowhere near Indianapolis. That is where I would start. I would camp near the pond and I would use a brita filter or something to filter the water and then I would boil it for use. Deer tracks have been seen on this property as well so there is a chance I could hunt wild animals for food or if nothing else start farming myself. It's just a starter plan but I think it's pretty good.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

ATS Transponder: Eliza here. Glad you didn't have trouble with the new group. I've let Dr. Rob know of the two in serious condition. Any other info you can give on them? So he can bring as many emergency supplies as he can to the drop off. Will keep in contact. Over.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

ATS Transponder: SE ROCKIES here. Eliza on. Been 2 months since the collapse, glad to hear a new voice. I hear you have a protected safe-haven near Indianapolis. Good to hear it. Haven't heard much from your area. Are you and your wife alone? Seems you may have a good handle on things for now. I'll send others your way if we hear of anyone close. Good luck and keep your transponder on. Over.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
ATS Transponder: SETX here. Sorry for delays in responding to all. Will try to address all questions but it I miss something just ask again.

Physics: Glad you've hooked up with SER. Sorry for your troubles. We have heard here that the virus was air dropped by the government into certain areas to create a "crisis". It then, unfortunately, got out of control and spread.

Trex: We do have mosquitos like you wouldn't believe. Don't know where they find water in the midst of this drought but they are hanging in there. That part about smokers, not TRUE. They eat me alive constantly.

Druid: I am here. From your map it looks as if you are a little east of my family in AR. They are around Russellville although they may be where you are by now. My sister worked in Little Rock so if there was help in Hope (no pun intended) they may have gone there. As to the "riddle", are you wanting the one I have set up for those coming here or do you have one for me? Congratulations on the romance. Nice rig, too. The rest of my family were in SW OK. Not on your way if you decide to continue to here. Hopefully, someone in that area will find a transponder and check in out of curiosity.

SE Rockies: glad to here all is OK now. Eliza, hope those ribs heal quickly.

Expat: you are wonderful for sending supplies. Let us know if you find out what happened on Midway.

To All: RE the walkers( have to find out something else to call them. That's my maiden name and hate it applying to something so evil). We have had some new members join us. The scouts saw them being attacked by walkers about 10 miles out from camp and stepped in. They were injured so they brought them back to camp. Apparently anyone that did not make it out of Houston has succumbed to the virus. The walkers here are not evolving but the virus is mutating. We aren't sure how yet. We are hoping, that like any virus, once the "hosts" are eliminated it will eventually die out. At this point, we are leaving the bodies but we've begun to discuss whether this is the thing to do. Honda Bob brought up that perhaps they should be burned to destroy the virus. We really don't know how it moves from person to person or what is causing the mutation.

Any way, that's why I'm so late in catching up. Taking care of wounded. We've isolated them for now - probably for 10 days until we know if they are infected. Crops are doing well. The small plots have worked out well. Easier to defend from wildlife and easier to tend. We are up to about 35 people now. Some of our pre-planned members finally made it.

The info they bring is not good. Walkers are leaving Houston in all directions. Some are appearing remarkably "normal". While the eyes are bloodshot, nothing like the red eyes the early ones had. Watch for these changes where you are. They can get much closer now. We are putting two people in each scout post now so no one has to fight alone. The walkers are also forming groups (gangs, if you like). Big T advised they observed some actually using tools. There is one bit of good news in the mutation, they are losing the extreme sense of smell so they are somewhat easier to avoid. They can still smell better than most of us but not like the bloodhounds they were previously.

All take care and update when you can.

SETX out.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Originally posted by Therian
reply to post by TXTriker

Off Topic

No I am not an author of any sort. Though I have thought about it allot. Would be a nice way to make a little extra cash.. But thank you it is a confidence boost. Maybe One day I will write some of my crazy thoughts down. Hopefully get a good proofreader to fix all my mistakes..

Therian

Off topic response: You have definite talent as a writer. I am hirable as a copy editor, at a modest fee, due after you publish your first book.

Off topic here: I'll volunteer too. These type stories are my favorites.

Love me some Stephen King.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
ATS transponder: "TXTriker, yea, I think I am holing up here for now. We have a small remote town in the middle of nowhere. Mostly everyone has their gardens in, and we'll have a good crop, if nothing else fails. I've been through town, and Stephanie is the spokesperson for the mayor, and she is also his daughter.

She was the chick that met me at the city limits with a .30-06 pointed at my head. She saw my rig and asked what I had in there. I said not until you agree to a date. She smiled. We've been best friends since, counting logistics, and tallying resources. I am trying to talk her into raids in Little Rock, but she's not listening to me.

She's stubborn. She's about forty. She makes me melt. She just told me about a problem with a row of gennies in the d-square. I'm off to fix the problem, more than likely someone tried to add a light bulb or two to the amperage ratings.

My daughter and Seth have been pitching in as well, as Seth is teaching bow hunting to the kids here over 13. Zilla, my daughter, is teaching how to aim, and the both of them have about 30 kids in their class. I'm almost settled here, yeah, and something must nag at me.

I'm not at peace. For now, Out."

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

ATS Transponder: asia (enroute over the pacific)

Eliza update on the wounded
Have removed the bullets and stabilised the two in serious condition. They both will possibly need a transfusion as they lost alot of blood before we found them - type o on both two of my crew donated while I was operating on them which helped stabilise them. The other injuries were
1. Laceration appeared to have been a knife cut - cleaned, sutured and dressed the wound.
2. Broken arm - set and splinted will need to be put in cast havent got my full kit with me so did what could.
3. Minor gunshot wounds on 2 cleaned, sutured and dressed the wounds.

The operations went smoothly used acupuntcure in place of anesthesia during the op ( am trained in both western medicine and tcm - traditional chinese medicine )

they're still in shock but have said a little .. From what piece together it was similar to what happened in the philippines with u.s forces fighting each other prior to the recall.. Seems this group got caught in the middle of it and hid.. Also found others - 20 that were executed single bullet to the back of the head while forced to kneel... Dont like what things are adding up to with events like that.. Keep your heads down and avoid contact with u.s military forces I dont think they can be trusted at this point..
Will update again when we get closer..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

ATS Transponder : asia (over the pacific enroute supply drop SEROCK)

TXTriker it appears that like in the philippines fighting broke out between u.s forces prior to them being recalled to the u.s.
found some survivors wounded transporting them to SEROCK location. Hadnt planned to land but couldnt leave them stuck on midway..
Also found 20 executed single bullet to back of head while forced to kneel. Getting very bad feeling about whats going on over there.. Recommend keep your head down and avoid contact with u.s military units at this point..

If can extend our range in future will attempt supply drops at your location as well.
Currently were limited on range and also trying to get a better overall picture of the situation..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
ATS transponder: Overall picture of the situation..
Hello… This is ChemistryAdept. Am I imagining voices or is my transponder actually working? If you can hear me I am in Colorado, near the San Luis state park. I have medical supplies and am willing to share. I also have knowledge on how to tend to the wounded. These are my supplies.
Supplies:
- 2 five-foot ace bandages, and two small towels
- 1 shoddy bamboo and twine bow
- 1 sturdy six-foot bamboo walking stick (with metal spike on end)
- 1 Leatherman knife
- 1 bottle of hydrogen peroxide
- About 150 coffee filters
- Needle and thread
- Around 100 feet of twine
- brace for elbow (possibly a knee)
- 1 small bottle of superglue
- BDU top and bottom,2 spandex shirts, athletic shorts, running shoes, 3 pairs of long socks and underwear, camo ski mask, fingerless glove/ mitten, cloth belt
- Sturdy but low power flash light
- Hat
- ATS transponder with rigged headset
-18oz hair and body wash
- Good pair of scissors
- Football and bike pump
- 2 two liters of water (pure)
- 18 ramen packs
- 2 inch knife, 12-inch butcher’s knife, hatchet
- Large empty can (used to be pie filling)
- 250ct acetaminophen extra strength (500mg)
-Whey protein
Please if you are anywhere near me I am in need of support. I am constantly under attack and need support. Please… I just now, hopefully, fixed my transponder. I was trying to hook up a headset the day I received it and it broke. I can travel quickly and I can help out around a camp. I repeat, if there is anyone out there, please help me. Over...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

ATS Transponder: Eliza here. Thanks for the info on the wounded. We will be able to have everything (including blood) available at the airport. That's unfortunate about the military on the midway. Hopefully the crew you are bringing here won't be any sort of problem. We're mostly good folk here, but no one really favors the military in the first place. I'll explain (as best I can) that the ones coming in are on our side. At least for now. If any of them start talking and you get a feel... for anything. Let me know. Right now I can only tell everyone that they are wounded and in shock. Even a favorite color would be good. To let us see humanity. OVER.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemistryAdept

ATS Transponder: SE ROCKIES, Eliza here. Read you loud and clear ChemistryAdept. Looks like your probably near Mosca, putting you north of Alamosa. There are a lot of walkers (need new name for zombies for TXTriker) heading into that area. I'm sure you've run into several, but there are more on the way and it seems they are getting more intelligent, but losing a bit of their sense of smell. They still haven't made it this far, so our camp is safe. If at all possible, try to steal a car- you're much safer in the Vally if you have a little protection. Head towards Hwy 160. If you start walking SW you will probably just run into it. Then follow west. We have a small encampment in the town of Del Norte and our main place is in South Fork, 15 miles further west in the mountains. Since you're so far away, I'm sending an SUV and two guys to go meet you. Keep in contact and I'll relay messages via walkies to our guys of your wereabouts. Hopefully we can get to you before you have too much trouble. OVER.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

ATS Transponder : asia ( over the pacific enroute )

Eliza
Good to hear you have things prepared there.
The new arrivals shouldnt be any trouble they were cooks and administrative personel one starting to talk a bit more now tbh bit hard to understand her due to her southern u.s accent my spoken english is worse than my written english rarely used english the last few years before the collapse and then it was on ats posting.. Going by my instinct on people they wont be causing any trouble for you.
Quite understand in regard to military .. Made that mistake when was young and stupid .. Been atoning for it since..
Gave them civilian clothing already so you dont have to worry over seeing uniforms running around. And neither my crew or I wear uniforms am in my usual hakama and keigogi my crew are all hmong and dressed in their traditional manner. Had I any doubts about the new arrivals they wouldnt be making the trip...
Also - would recommend burning bodies of walkers that kill along with urban areas they were in to avoid further spread of the virus.
Hopefully you wont encounter any of them in your location.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

ATS Transponder : asia (over the pacific enroute SEROCK)

TXTriker : recommend burning the bodies to avoid spread of the virus also avoid prolonged contact with bodily fluids from them wash and use a strong disinfectant to remove any bodily fluids that may have got on you burn any clothing they got onto after as well.. Along with burn any urban areas they were in.
Meant to mention earlier was busy with tending to patient when transmitted previously and forgot to mention it..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

ATS transponder: "ChemistryAdept, I read you. Interesting. I just picked up a "PhysicsAdept" from that exact area. Are you guys related? It was quite the ordeal getting him outta there, and we have just arrived in South Fork. Remain cautious, hopefully Eliza's men will be there shortly, over."
edit on 9-11-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ill do and I will watch out. We are not related, just friends. About the walkers, I have noticed the increase in numbers. I have killed too many to count and they won't stop coming. I will try to get one of the cars running but I've been siphoning gas out of the ones that I have found to dispose of the bodies. I will contact you if I get a car running, tomorrow at the latest. Over.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
He had got it this morning and started back to work. His arm was feeling allot better but he wasn't about to strain the stitches. He wasn't in pain except for a dull pulse off and on. Was more annoying then painful. The water wheel was coming along fine. All of yesterday and half of today so far and it was coming together they had the blades attached. 4 to each frame then two stands the stout center piece was chopped and smoothed over. The metal piping and of course the Alternators were set on they're own frame work. They would spend the rest of the day after lunch working on a small shed to attach to the frame leg. After that he would start on digging out the trenches. The power wouldn't be enough for a motel. He knew after the first was installed for a few cabin two others could be set together. the power channeled for both the main hall and the motel. He didn't want to divert the water any further then 3 waterwheels this would cause the river to slow and possibly shift course a bit.

With extra alternators after the first were installed he would work on self caged water turbines These were much more of a pain and didn't produce half as well. But it was a possibility, Later in the week he would install the second Solar panel to his own House. That would leave two husky generators free for scouts. If he went with them then he could set the lines in the station up and all they would need to do is clip a couple of wires. That would give them two scout for looting plus his own truck, which he no longer owned. Perhaps he could find someone in town willing to trade a brand new Chevy Camaro for a old pick up truck. EIther that or he could re outfit the van The Phaungs had driven..

To much to think about the other guys had already ate and Went back to work. Getting up he followed their lead. Had he looked he would have noticed the puzzled face around him. He must have blanked out. He hardly had to go so far into his own head. This time like a few other he must have completely shut down externally. Shaking his head he managed one last swallow of the bitter coffee. Before setting his plate down by the wash tubs. Nodding his appreciation he finished his walk out and headed to the crew. He noticed Rose and the other three practicing with they're bows off in the distance. Smiling he waved and kept moving, Wouldn't be any fun for scouting or hunting for him for at least another week. He hoped they weren't to ancy, Maybe he would give them some runs to do while he was light and limited. Surely they could be out scouting further out then the encampments few sentry towers..

Thinking about it as he finally got to the other group he nodded." Thats right just a long dog house. Then we will raise it about 6 feet into the air." He wasn't really need for the rest of the day so he grabbed a paint can and started painting the paths between river to cabins. He also opened a few Panels on said cabin and started dismantling they're old connections. He would lead them like the previous ones except would put some extra blowout parts inside it. He knew enough about electricity to plug it up enough to make the waterwheel and the math involved. He hadn't actually done anything like this before so he wouldn't betaking chances without a few extra safegaurds in place..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Off-topic: I totally thought you were American. Or at the very least native English speaking. I assumed from your name (Expat), that your location was Asia and that you have good, conversational English skills. So- KUDOS, if English isn't your first language :-)

ATS TRANSPONDER: 10-4 Expat888. Eliza here. Happy to know they're warming up to you. I'm sure they'll be much more comfortable once they get here. Standing by. Over.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

ATS Transponder: ChemistryAdept, come in. Eliza here. Have sent two out to help you, Terry and Sam. Terry looks like a young mountain man and Sam is a ginger. They are coming in a black SUV. I've just heard that they are outside of Alamosa and keeping low. They are staying on the outside of town and waiting to hear of your location. Over.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

ATS Transponder : asia ( western u.s 3 hrs. to drop point )

Eliza
we're over the western u.s dropped down to treetop level estimated time to drop location 3 hrs.

so far no other aircraft spotted and no sign of life on the ground .. keeping close eye out for both..
we dropped to 100 ft altitude 250 miles out from the west coast to avoid radar detection on the off chance of some of the norad stations still being operational...

Off topic : thanks.. am japanese - had been born in internment camp in u.s parents immigrated at wrong time.. Grew up between japan and the u.s after we had been released at the end of the war. Held dual citizenship.. Though have used my japanese citizenship more than u.s one .. Safer and easier travelling under my japanese passport .. Left the u.s back in 80 havent been there since. English bout 3 or 4 spot on languages that speak .. mostly use japanese and mandarin or the dialect of the hmong a days walk through the jungle from where reside these days.. Make an annual trip downriver to visit son, daughter and grandson in china..had returned to japan for a few months earlier this year to assist after the earthquake..

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join