It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET UFOs are Not Real

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Although I respect your opinion I have to wholeheartedly disagree with you. I'm not saying that we have been visited, and all the sightings are hoaxes or anything like that. Just remember...."Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by rigel4

Bring it on.

There is no proof, whether other members want to believe it or not.
If they show irrefutable evidence then i will ban myself.

The simple quote "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" fits well in this case... ( en.wikipedia.org... ) .. we simply don't know.. you can't possibly state one way or the other in a confident way..

I have a feeling you're intentionally just trying to rile people up

No, I am just sick of the unspoken lack of evidence.
Oh gratz on being the first quote this old and tired defence "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

No evidence == NO ET CRAFT

link   
I tend to be open minded. If I can't explain it, then to me it's a UFO.

Whether it be some aircraft manned by a Halloween costume military personal or Aliens themselves.

Scientific Deduction will take hours, if not more. That's why I don't bother to scientifically deduct...Bah "UFO"

I forgot..

I'm scientifically clueless.

But, whatever the case may be. It is interesting and wild nonetheless.

If they land in my backyard, I'll let you know. I'll make sure to take pictures too.

edit on 9-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
Noone can prove you right or wrong. ET's are like GOD in a way. I believe in God, but cant prove existence in any way. Same with ETs and UFOs. I believe because my only other option in not believing in anything and that would just suck. I know faith in anything you can't prove makes no logical sense at all but it's better than the lonely, and pointless feeling of believing in nothing at all alternative IMO. If that makes any sense lmao.

*SNIP*... dont mix UFOs and ETs. UFOs are REAL, there is no belief there they ARE real,. as in REEAAAAL aircraft or machines. The only thing that is like God from tha point is ETs..
edit on 9-10-2011 by Skyfloating because: Censor Circumvention Removed

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Oh gratz on being the first quote this old and tired defence "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

Well, have you looked at my post yet or are you ignoring it?

Id be happy to repost it, if you missed it.
edit on 9-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well, thanks for letting us all know your opinion after your years of research

Of course, I don't think a random 'rant' against people who actually believe in the existence of ET's from an armchair 'expert' will make the least bit of difference....

Nice try though

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Originally posted by billy197300
Noone can prove you right or wrong. ET's are like GOD in a way. I believe in God, but cant prove existence in any way. Same with ETs and UFOs. I believe because my only other option in not believing in anything and that would just suck. I know faith in anything you can't prove makes no logical sense at all but it's better than the lonely, and pointless feeling of believing in nothing at all alternative IMO. If that makes any sense lmao.

Oh for fukcing sake... dont mix UFOs and ETs. UFOs are REAL, there is no belief there they ARE real,. as in REEAAAAL aircraft or machines. The only thing that is like God from tha point is ETs..

I didn't mean unidentified aircraft by UFO, I was talking about spacecraft from other planets. The ETs had to get here somehow. I should have been more clear.

link   
reply to post by miniatus

we have 60 years of "sightings".......... 60 years of no real evidence.
the person that says there are too many credible witnesses, what have they seen.

Lights in the distance , spurious radar returns.Radar returns
for god sake we can beat reader with our own craft.

Do you really think ET will show up in a craft that will be caught on reader? No
I don't think so either.

edit on 9-10-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

link   
I don't think we are being visited by ET either. Here are my reasons why:-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I think the AA (ancient alien) theory can also provide some good case evidence. After all if we add the AA theory we subtract the human element. Unless of coarse they (pilots of AA UFOS) are human time travellers. Its out there I know.

ALS

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Okay, so I am only left to believe that you are ignoring the evidence I have posted at this point. And honestly, I find it hard to believe you have been studying the phenomenon for years because it seems you should know about this part of Project Bluebook.

I first came across it when I was about 16....

Let me post the link to what I wrote, since you seem to not want to reply to my evidence...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't worry, I don't expect you to ban yourself.

But let it be known that Rigel is ignoring the evidence I have presented and continuing on with their claims that there is no evidence at all....

Your continual ignoring of my post, leads me to believe that this is more of a rail against those who believe... That you don't really care about any evidence... and if I am correct in that statement, then I must say, shame on you.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Your post seems to state emphatically that UFOs are not real.. you can prove that then?

Just because the phenomena can't be proved conclusively doesn't mean the phenomena isn't real .. it also doesn't mean it is real either, it means it's inconclusive .. to state something so positively as you've done is a bit absurd.. all it really means is that you personally haven't found any evidence that convinces you so you personally have given up and formed an opinion.. that's really about all you can say.

I encourage anyone who's interested to keep on looking .. you never know what you might find.. I'm certainly a skeptic and I believe a healthy dose of doubt is a good thing, but I would be a fool to state conclusively that something like this isn't real.. I just don't know..

Absurd it is not. If ET had visited and told someone he was here they would tell the world.

NO , it wouldn't be some random delusional that claims he has Venus wife's.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
For more than 30 years I have researched and wanted to believe in UFO's and the unexplained until recently with all of the scams and book sale promotions that I've uncovered as false claims and sightings within the community. The internet provides a quick and in most cases a reliable source to debunk or question claims to come to a logical conclusion of the stated facts.

I'm a no body in this research and did it for my own curiosity and unanswered questions about this phenomenon and its weekly claims.

There are some mind boggling unexplained cases that deserve more research but most are fantasies and lies constructed to line the pockets of cons and charlatans.

I read many post of those that ask where's the proof and the response vary from individual to individual and the most absurd is that youtube said so and there's a video with proof "here I'll prove it."

CGI artist, fantasy writers, Ufologist. and professional hoaxers, sometimes make a living off of the gullible and the immature and I get so tired of people stating that UFO's are real because "I said so" that it became a tired and hopeless cause to try and debate. I'm called closed minded by youthful newbies that don't realize UFO's have been around and in vogue since the 50's and the same questions have always plagued the curious . Its nothing new, there have always been the full tilt believers and those that wanted more than a word or grainy picture to become a fanatic.

So recently, I threw in the towel and raised my hands in defeat because whom am I to compete with youtube and a best selling author on a humanoid reptile species or a Chevy in a tunnel on Mars?

In the meantime I'll continue my own personal research without funding the cranks and snake oil salesmen and hope for some real data to appear that can be verified and finally answer the questions from the 50's, Are we alone?

edit on 9-10-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Thats good to know now that you've completely clarified the subject with the boundless amounts of overwhelming scientific evidence and proof concerning the subject.

Its also pretty much a certainty that because we are smarter than all of our pets then most likely we are not only most intelligent beings here on planet Earth but most likely the entire Universe !

Yep....

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Ladies and gentleman, below is the post that Rigel is ignoring. A post that provides the best evidence out there available to the public that I have ever come across.

I wish it to be known that Rigel, ignoring this post, is evidence that they are not looking for evidence of anything and only wish to rail against those that believe....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

There is evidence of this. Not proof, mind you, but evidence.

That evidence lies in Project Bluebook. A copy of which can be found here:

www.theblackvault.com...

It shows a list of all UFO sightings they investigated. 10,147 UFO sightings and investigations between 1947 and 1965. Now, the US government was able to find a logical explanation for most of these sightings. How ever. 646 remain unidentified.

So to me, this is evidence of UFO's in the form you describe. If the best of the best can not find an earthly explanation for these 646 sightings... Well, I consider that evidence that maybe there is something to those 646 sightings... Something perhaps unearthly.

These 646 sightings, as it says in the file, either did not have enough information in order to figure out what it is... OR, they simply were unable to come up with a logical explanation...

Those that they could not find a logical explanation for, stand out to me... those among the 646 are my evidence. Do with it as you will.

That is probably about the best evidence you will get... Again, not proof. Evidence that something is going on in our skies that even the US government was unable to fully explain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ignore it all you want Rigel, everyone else can see it.

On that note, I am done with this thread and I hope everyone else is as well. Why? because Rigel, ignoring evidence, is proof that they do not care about the evidence and are only looking to pick on the believers....

I say, don't feed into it.

Bottom line is Rigel is ignoring evidence and for that reason, I am leaving this thread.

Good day

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Yes. I am ignoring your evidence, as it is not evidence at all. I have read all about project blue book, and all the other studies that have taken place.

They can identify 600 odd sightings, doesn't make them ET craft. there is simply evidence that the object couldn't be identified.

There might be a long list of things they could be before i got down to . "Um ..I don't know what i saw , so it must be ET".

Still no evidence

carry on

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

You have to read redbook too. Interesting stuff in that as well.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
this thread comes up 20 times a day on other sites I browse. obviously people are passionate regarding this subject, but you're all just going to go around in circles. he quite clearly doesn't believe in aliens, and no amount of evidence you throw at him will change his mind, as he is clearly adamant in his decision.

i suggest we just say 'okay' and let it die.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

You have to read redbook too. Interesting stuff in that as well.

I must confess to have never read that one.

I have though, read many many other books.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Yes. I am ignoring your evidence

carry on

And there you have it folks, Rigel admits to ignoring the evidence....

Rigel only wants to pick on the believers.

Not evidence? Please... the best of the best could find no earthly explanation for 646 UFO sightings that they investigated.

In other words they could not rule out ET, piloting at least 646 UFO's....

If they can not rule such a thing out THIS IS EVIDENCE!

Shame on you Rigel...

Shame on you for creating a thread asking for evidence and then using it as a means to pick on believers...

You have no interest in the evidence and it shows in this thread.

Gross.

Good day

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join