It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET UFOs are Not Real

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Hi all
well that was an interesting little experiment. We all gathered on each side of the lines and
what happened............ ?

Well one can't make a believer a non believer with logical argument.

One can't extract evidence from a website (least not Physical hard evidence!!

One must suffer attacks from those who are disturbed by asking uncomfortable questions.

What we have learned is that when confronted with an opposing belief , many resort to
violence to defend their beliefs. Yes...... Oral attacks are violence, so it follows that written attacks
are also manifestations of violence.
May be some us can take away from this that tolerance of opposite beliefs have a long way to go with the human
condition.
We argue daily that there should be peace, live and let live, but can we?? this thread clearly shows that even a subject like UFO's can divide us, with little chance of the two sides compromising or accepting the others view point

The subject matter is not important really, it just goes to show that whenever something is discussed, that requires battle lines to be drawn war is declared on the provoker, (me and some of my fellow members that support the thread).

This thread could just as easily have been about politics or religion.

We are Rigel4.....resistance is futile.
We are drones to the Hive.

Carry on.

What was the point of your orginal thread? Is this a little game for you? An experiment? If you want to play mind games, do it somewhere else. If you were not playing games, and really believe what you orginally posted, again.. you say you studied UFOs. Yet you don't even have the facts of one of the most well known cases straight. Obviously you have -not- thorougly studied the subject matter as much as you think you have.

As usual, the line is really drawn at what one considers proof or evidence. I feel there is a mountain of evidence, by virtue of which, counts as proof. You clearly feel an alien shaking your hand might be the proof you need. Just because you demand definitive proof doesn't mean you are right, you know. And you obviously have not "studied" UFOs to any serious degree.

As far as people "getting along," people will always have differing viewpoints on many subjects. That doesn't mean they can't live peacefully. Peaceful doesn't mean everyone agrees on absolutely everything. If you choose to argue with those who are more apt to act like a nutcase, that's your fault. There are many who are ready to discuss the subject matter intelligently. But as usual, most who take up the anti-UFO cause, choose to ignore solid cases and rational thinking people. They "take on" those with extreme viewpoints. Why? Because it makes it easier to "prove" your viewpoints.
edit on 11-10-2011 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Fact of the matter is this...the OP is correct. Absolutely no proof that aliens are here visiting us.

Gee, another 'Mr Know All'. No, OP is not correct because the evidence that exists is enough to to not completely dismiss it for a fact. So evidence is not enough to be a fact that ETs have visited Earth but it is enough to not be dismissed as if it is a fact.

I will give you an example: From 10,000 years, imagine aliens have visited the Earth once when no one even saw it. Imagine also that there has been no UFO sightings, no drawings, no crop circles. Would you say 'Aliens have never been here'? Why because you never saw them, nor did anyone else? let's say they did it once per 10,000 years.

That is why safest is to say 'it is possible', it's funny when someoen claims it as absolute fact.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This may be the 100th time a thread like this was posted. These are just the same arguments over and over and over again. Neither side has proof.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

This may be the 100th time a thread like this was posted. These are just the same arguments over and over and over again. Neither side has proof.

Well, again.. it really depends on what your definition of "proof" is. I feel there is plenty of proof.

A few random citizens witnesses a crime can put a man in jail for life. Why would not radar returns, professional witnesses AND public witnesses hold the same weight? There are cases like that.. to me, this is proof.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by eeks4
reply to post by steveknows

What about the computer chips and implants in peoples brains and body..Are you saying they put it there..You have to argue and debunk the medical field and area 51...Your hypothesis is lame.....

Prove it prove it prove it!
And don't point me in direction of a $2 DVD found on the stand at the back of some chinese junk shop interviewing attention seekers and a whack job failed scientist who only just managed enough marks to get a degree who couldn't land a real job in science and needs to validate crap from desperate believers just to make some money. Point me to a scientific Australian or American magazine or a someone with credibility .

Prove it prove it prove it!
edit on 11-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

Well i guess you would have to come to my home and see for your self..Cant put physical things on a computer..The proof is in my answer...You want to see come over..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

look at this...maybe this will help..www.abduct.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Dr.Susan Blackmore..UFO magazine..1997.scientific analysis of a alien implant...www.abduct.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by eeks4

Dr.Susan Blackmore..UFO magazine..1997.scientific analysis of a alien implant...www.abduct.com...

Hold on that didn't take..ill find it again

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by eeks4

Hold on that didn't take..ill find it again

Lets see if this will work..www.susanblackmore.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Fact of the matter is this...the OP is correct. Absolutely no proof that aliens are here visiting us.

Gee, another 'Mr Know All'. No, OP is not correct because the evidence that exists is enough to to not completely dismiss it for a fact. So evidence is not enough to be a fact that ETs have visited Earth but it is enough to not be dismissed as if it is a fact.

I will give you an example: From 10,000 years, imagine aliens have visited the Earth once when no one even saw it. Imagine also that there has been no UFO sightings, no drawings, no crop circles. Would you say 'Aliens have never been here'? Why because you never saw them, nor did anyone else? let's say they did it once per 10,000 years.

That is why safest is to say 'it is possible', it's funny when someoen claims it as absolute fact.

When medical personal and the government have things in physical form wouldn't that be a fact???IF you want proof over the internet you have to take what is given to ya..If that's not good enough then go and visit the places that have the physical proof and you can even hold it in you hand..No one can give physical proof on a computer and some files we as people cannot open..

You have your right to believe in and whom you choose to believe in or not believe in but to say all others are basically lieing is a lie in its self

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

I wish you luck Steve. You need to realise that assumption is a sign of a person who cannot be told anything by anyone. You can assume all you want - until the day you die.

Much Peace...because it is obvious - with everything you say - you don't have any peace anywhere in you.
Much Peace...

NB You can reply to this - you can send me a personal reply - you can track me down and deliver your assumptions to my face - I won't be reading your posts anymore - I will be ignoring them and wishing you well in your life.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

When medical personal and the government have things in physical form wouldn't that be a fact???IF you want proof over the internet you have to take what is given to ya..If that's not good enough then go and visit the places that have the physical proof and you can even hold it in you hand..No one can give physical proof on a computer and some files we as people cannot open..

You have your right to believe in and whom you choose to believe in or not believe in but to say all others are basically lieing is a lie in its self

The difference between my example where I say - there may have been 1 visit of thousands of years so far and if you havent encountered - you are still nor right to say 'it never happened' as if a fact, is that the abductions or other types of encounter stories, mutilations, circles, unexplained time loss etc, by people of all levels is something that at least should not make you certain and say 'No for sure',

At least unlike never seeing or hearing about smth like that, here there is enough ground to not claim something as a fact it never happened. Exactly because it isnt much proof it is also not enough to be called a fact that they have visited.

But both sides are wrong, so if you are saying 'yes one can say for a fact they have never visited' you are terribly wrong either. I'm not a believer in visiting us or not visiting us, so dont give me classifications.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
reply to post by cahlmac

I hope that wasn't directed at me because I stated that i did it for myself and was stating an opinion of my years of searching that some might relate to. But it seems armchair believers rule the day so I say go ahead and buy the bunk and junk and believe what you will. I don't want to change your mind and hope that you empty your wallet and hope you do again and again and again.

My armchair probably has more evidence and documented files researched on the subject than someones blind faith that most are brainwashed into. One day you may wake up like many of us did and realize that the promises, dates, and evidence, just didn't come true or stack up.

I think for myself before I leap on a subject and so far only a few cases have my feet leaving the floor.

How would it be directed at you?? I posted before you.
Nice attitude though...

p.s. not sure what your little speech above is referring to, but I think you've been spending too much time in that armchair!!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Personally... I don't need any more convincing - That the ET's have been visiting our Earth, for at least since the latter stages of WW 2. I will not allow myself to be put into a position, that lets the U.S. federal goverment pull the wool over my own and other's eye's and and mind's in relation to visitations by other-worlder's.

I will carry on my quest for full ET disclosure.

The image of a flying saucer from outerspace, has turned into a traditional folklore, from such people as Kenneth Arnold, [who coined the word "flying saucer," many eyewitnesses and various movie producers who made films such as : The Day the Earth Stood Still and Earth Versus the Flying Saucers.

My question too you - Do you believe that the Flying Saucer image was conjured up in some Earthling's mind; or do you believe that the image of a Flying Saucer came from actual eyewitness experiences of some Earthling's seeing a nuts and bolts other-worldly craft?

edit on 11-10-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Well, again.. it really depends on what your definition of "proof" is. I feel there is plenty of proof.

A few random citizens witnesses a crime can put a man in jail for life. Why would not radar returns, professional witnesses AND public witnesses hold the same weight? There are cases like that.. to me, this is proof.

Thats a good question, but you'll never get a straight answer from anyone "official". If you do, then they would never have been "official" in the first place. (I hope you understand what I'm trying to say) They will be labeled as crazy. Thats how it works.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Abductees...
the jokes of the UFO world. First the OP has said that there is absolutely no proof that aliens have ever visited this planet and he/she is right.

Where is the evidence that says "YES ALIENS ARE HERE" and there can be no other explanation. There is none nor will there ever be...because it is not happening.

Op has asked for evidence...what do the abductees do...tell their story with no proof to back it up. The abduction phenomenon is so freaking hilarious...it has to be the only aspect of this field that is included that does not have even the tiniest piece of evidence to back it up.
They provide their delusions as proof...

Fact of the matter is...alien abductions are either mental illness, some type of sleep disorder, a way to for people to deal with past sexual abuse or they are just making it up.

You will also notice that when abducted that it is usually only North Americans who get abducted by greys, Europeans usually have a more human type of alien abducting them and South American usually get abducted by more colorful aliens because their culture has a more colorful and rich culture.

Also depending on what kind of abductee you are...if you are into religion your experience will have religious aspect to it, if your not then it will be more scientific based. Also abductee only seem to get information from these delusions that usually go with their level of eduction...meaning they are told things that they are educated about or read about.

Also included...something for laughs..but also could be true..

Have You Ever Noticed That No Good Looking People Believe in Alien Abductions?
edit on 11-10-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Isn't this weird....their defense against the OP is even less evidence...
or rehash of old stories.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Isn't this weird....their defense against the OP is even less evidence...
or rehash of old stories.

Yep. If we invaded whatever planet these people live on we'd win because their only defence is derogatory remarks and dark sarcasm

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
reply to post by rigel4

Personally... I don't need any more convincing - That the ET's have been visiting our Earth, for at least since the latter stages of WW 2. I will not allow myself to be put into a position, that lets the U.S. federal goverment pull the wool over my own and other's eye's and and mind's in relation to visitations by other-worlder's.

I will carry on my quest for full ET disclosure.

The image of a flying saucer from outerspace, has turned into a traditional folklore, from such people as Kenneth Arnold, [who coined the word "flying saucer," many eyewitnesses and various movie producers who made films such as : The Day the Earth Stood Still and Earth Versus the Flying Saucers.

My question too you - Do you believe that the Flying Saucer image was conjured up in some Earthling's mind; or do you believe that the image of a Flying Saucer came from actual eyewitness experiences of some Earthling's seeing a nuts and bolts other-worldly craft?

edit on 11-10-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar

Just a small but important point........ It wasn't Kenneth Arnold that coined the phrase "Flying Saucers"
I t was the press that named them after his story was reported. If i remember correctly he said they were "Like stones skipping across the water".

But I digress....... These are reports ....nothing more. they are not tangible proof.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Who's the father of God was an astronaut? It was Erich Von Daniken. let me tell something about Chariots of the gods. He claims that the Easter island statues were moved without the aid of wooden rollers because there's no trees on Easter island. He fails to say that the reason there's no no trees on easter island is because they were all cut down to be used as rollers which Archaeologist knew and so did he but it didn't fit his claim so he left it out.

He uses what looks like multi stage rockets as "proof" that aliens used to be here. He fails to explain why a univers spanning race would need a multi stage rocket, which is really a clumsy massive energy burning way to get off the gound and into space.

He also points to Australian aboriginal rock art of what he claims to be spacemen,though the aboriginies don't, and says its the oldest rock art in the world. In fact the oldest rock art in the world is found in India, at such sites as Auditorium Cave and Daraki-Chattan.

Faulty info and lack of reason is what that book was selling.

edit on 11-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join