It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET UFOs are Not Real

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

for exemple I have a small toy in my pocket ,you can not see it, someone told you that i have this toy but he did not see it either, so you do not know if this is true or false, but this toys is there and in my pocket...so if understand your logic things you don't see then do not exist...we could not see atomes with our naked eyes but we are surrounded we need device to see atomes, same for the dust mite... or maybe because we don't see it so they are not real...you should not be categorical in your logic and leave a small room for the unknown and extraordinary ... and specially if we deal with intelligente life.

The tree that falls in the forest does it make a sound if nobody hears it ?
edit on 10-10-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
w.e you say even though i disagree, there if factual proof ufos exist... and theve been around for years ,what do u think the ancients did.. just drew ufos for art,and what about crop circles im sure wood creates radiation:/

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

ET UFOs are Not Real

May be may be not.......

What kind of sad Universe is yours?

BRRR..... frissons!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowcorp
w.e you say even though i disagree, there if factual proof ufos exist... and theve been around for years ,what do u think the ancients did.. just drew ufos for art,and what about crop circles im sure wood creates radiation:/

Drawings and crop circles

:facepalm:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by steveknows

There is no evidence that aliens have visited this planet regardless of how much you want to play make believe.

And everything that is referd to as evidence wouldn't even so much as hold up in a court room.
edit on 10-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

I think when you wrote "evidence" you meant proof?

There is a good deal of evidence in the form of witness testimony...not just some lone driver in the country, but multiple expert witnesses of the same event. O'Hare airport involved Runway Mechanics, Pilots and Air Traffic Controllers...all of which are highly trained to discern known aircraft and weather phenomena.

The Rendelsham Woods event involved multiple military personnel and officers and included up close sightings, radar readings, audio recordings and military reports.

All of this testimony is valid in court.

It does not meet the high burden of "proof" to substatiate the claim.

I find folks that are so blindly dismissive of such evidence as equally faulted in their thinking as those that blindly accept a single persons claim of "alien contact" without evidence as fact.

Ok there is no "substantial evidence" And no it wouldn't hold up in a court room. There would not be enough "substantial evidence" for a warrent to be issued for the arrest of any alien for the number of what would add up to be violations of airspace,kidnappings, animals slaughter and all else which has been blamed on supposed alien visits.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

These are just meaningless generalisations proving solely that you haven't done enough reading into the subject at hand.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowcorp

The ancients drawings of alien spacecraft is not fact. You don't know what those things are and neither does anyone else. You know of human space exploration and alien ships from movies and your brain sees those drawings, carvings,paintings and looks for the closets thing to match. Your great grand parents would see something completely different like a potbelly stove or a boiler or something that matches something they know in their time. Show a 5 year old an ancient Greek statue of a scribe holding a tablet and chances are that child will call it an Ipad.

Crop circle mystery was solved several years ago. And no, the people who did it and proved they did it weren't claiming to have done something they didn't do and they weren't paid by the government to throw people off. As has been claimed by some die hard crop circle fans.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

These are just meaningless generalisations proving solely that you haven't done enough reading into the subject at hand.

Brilliant................ he disagrees with the believers and is instantly
attacked as an unread ignorant. you guys are consistent.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

This is the real situation when you are soo "lucky" to catch a glimpse of something unknown. I understood completely that if i moved for the camera inside it would be gone. Experience from seeing lights earlier.
This thing was very large and it had details i can't make up. Don't even understand how i in one circumstance could hallucinate a whole object. With lights and the strange gas alike distortion of the object that after 2 minutes faded away.
I became so happy and just gazed at it thinking to myself "ITS TRUE!!!".

But then it just faded away not moving but just slowly invisible.

I have no interest anymore to try to prove anything. But being a vitness and also experiencing the situation around it u gotta understand there are a gazillion thoughts gointr trough ur head

Does anybody else see this? Why 2.55 in the night? Why did i see it? Could it see me? Does it know who i am?

WHen it was over i felt such a panic. Because i knew that this would always be a experience only i know. Everyone else will find other logic to it.

But every logic ive heard is just as absurd as what yourself think it was.

A camera needs a tripod. It needs a very good zoom. You need to know where it will be so that the preferences are right. But even with all this ready the cnance is slim.

Ive seen crazy lights and also recorded them. Put them on youtube and people give me all sorts of ideas based on the video made by a camera that only captures a percentage of the light i see.

When you see a light on a youtube move. Know that Jupiter, being so bright, doesnt show itself until you got some expensive equipement.

So don't conclude anything from what you find. Just hope you never see one yourself. Because they wil never be solved in our lifetime. Just think of it and you also see there is no room for that reality in our perspective. Its fairytale. Just like santa

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

Oh Iive done heaps of reading. And then when I grew up the mature aspect of real study kicked in and I didn't just allow fantasy to rule my thought process. There is no basis for you to say that I have done not enough reading based on what I've written and you prove nothing about me at all. Yet another unqualified opinion of a pro UFO person stating something as fact. As where to analise your words you've just written says to me that you have no idea how the human mind works and as a result shows to me that you haven't excluded every other possibility before deciding that we are visited by aliens.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Here we go again with the proof factor! Many things we know to be real can't be seen or proven but that does not change the fact that they are real! We can't prove either way whether 911 was a false flag or terrorist attack. We can't prove the structure of the atom, age of our earth, the universe, whether light is a wave or a partical, the meaning of life, whether politicians are just puppets, the earth is solid, hollow or whether we even exist! These are all factors of perception and in fact of reality nothing can be proven one way or another. We can consider the possibility of existance in a perceived reality but that may be as far as we can go! I believe it's best to consider anything to be possible, that which we find the most evidence for probable and that where we don't unlikely! Right now I would consider alien life in the universe probable, though whether they are here is possible. Also whether I think there are UFOs here flying in the earths atmosphere is probable, though whether aliens are flying them to be possible. I consider it more likely that some black operations of the US government has developed this technology or maybe it could be a combination of both, to be less likely IMHO! Though this is all my perceived reality or perception that is a result of all the information i have gathered through my senses which my analitical mind has taken and made sense of according to my IQ or Intelligence Quotient and this is what makes me an individual different from any other! Now I could be wrong on any number of things and i'm sure there are plenty of people out there with a higher cognitive ability, which would put mine to shame but if they are arrogant then i have that much of an advantage over them. I believe anyone that makes a bold statement such as "ET UFOs are Not Real" is being arrogant and though he has his points about there being many contradictions in ufology the same can be said about life in general. We need to treat everything we know to be true with skepticism and those we deem to be impossible with an open mind cause under the right circumstances anything is possible!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
How can one say for sure there are no aliens on Earth when you combine Ancient Astronaut Theory, abuctions, UFO and USO sightings, mutilations, former employees stories and others(i will not add telepathy and contacts because this is too far for me).

Take one together, it is nothing, take two together, nothing, take all the mentioned clues related to it. Hello, common sense? Common sense telling anyone that you cannot ignore ALL to the point to be CERTAIN there are no alien visits.

The reason why most astrophysicists dont think so, not to say others are they have not read much about them, they do the astronomy and maths things.

Exactly because we dont have a Museum of Alien Bodies it is not enough to be certain that ETs have landed, so the same criticism I would say to those who yell 'Aliens!' on every video.

But exactly all the cases speaking of them should at least keep one open minded - call it 'possible' when there isnt enough to be a fact but not 'absolutely 100% sure they never did' this would come only from someone who hasn't read all about the cases/

An episode showing Nazi attempts of saucers and symbols shows many if not all UFOs could be man-made. But what about USOs without touching water and according to those who investigate - they do not even SPLASH in the water, they just enter without doing anything to it... talk about very high tech.

I know what OP is feeling, cause I often get tired of talking and arguing about the same, there is indeed no solid or further step than all in the past and one can wonder if ETs have ever been here. That's what I do, I can easily call it 100% true but with the vaugeness I would prefer to see more before going 100%. At that time I just think they are possible even if the man-made could turn out to be the bigger percentage. I wouldnt be so certain aliens have never EVER landed here...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
No need to prove it, because it would be a waste of my time to turn you into a believer.

Put it simple, we can make our own flying saucer. So whoever is driving that thing, "Get out of our sky, your bugging me!"

Simple as that. Learned how build one, what are the mechanics behind it and why the scientific community is so adamant on denying the fact that they exist.

Might as well tell you, since I know what runs those vehicles. A energy source that we have called crystals, they just put it in the center of their drive, whether they be human or not, and then it's ready for lift-off. How it moves is that it moves with the ether particles around everything, even in "empty space" and it's faster than light.

Closest I get you on that because after that you won't believe me anymore.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

If they are not real, why do we call the unidentified flying OBJECTS? Shouldn't it be, unidentified flying myths?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
reply to post by rigel4

Truthfully I think this guy and others that make these kinds of threads are just too lazy to do their own research and feel the need to entice people to present their best evidence so that they don't have to do their own searching.

Personally I think its moronic to make a thread like this.

All of the very credible eye witness testimony, all of the videos, pictures and all of the abduction accounts are evidence. Like it or not its evidence. its not proof but it is evidence that will hold up in a courtroom.

I can make my case without even wasting my time posting links because you know and I know and people reading this knows that this evidence that I speak of exists.

Now, make your case. Present your evidence to the contrary.

If this were an evidentiary hearing where as we would have to make our case by the preponderance of the evidence you would most undoubtedly lose by a mile.

-Alien

Um.No I wouldn't lose.

Present to me your one nugget of irrefutable proof that ET CRAFT exist in our skies.

Don't be shy

Would the word of a high ranking military officer be irrefutable to you? No I didnt think so. See the thing about these absolutes is that the only proof that will suffice for you and others like you is for us to march an ET out in front of you. You wouldnt believe a craft. It would have to be a living organism right??? That would require us to kidnap. You got bail money? Know a really good intergallactic lawyer?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon
The tree that falls in the forest does it make a sound if nobody hears it?

Heh heh. Which tree are you talking about? Are you talking about a specific tree, or a hypothetical one? Because I don't believe hypothetical trees exist.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I must agree with you. Afterall, you have stated that you have studied this for years, according to your anecdotal references. Well, I think this is case closed.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
How can one say for sure there are no aliens on Earth when you combine Ancient Astronaut Theory, abductions, UFO and USO sightings, mutilations, former employees stories and others(i will not add telepathy and contacts because this is too far for me).

Of course it's impossible to prove a negative, since it requires that you positively disprove all possible alternate explanations, and there will always be some (an "X" factor) you don't know about so you fail to test it.

The goal is to gather as much positive evidence in favor of something as possible, such that it edges out "unknown." Unfortunately, there has not been one, single tiny bit of evidence gathered to indicate that a "UFO" is in any way alien, as in related to an intelligence originating on another planet. None.

Oh, sure there is weird stuff going on. But nothing that can specifically be defined as alien. Nothing that edges out "unknown." I tend to think that it has more to do with some kind of natural process having to do with how people interact with reality and time, since it's been going on since long before we had much in the way of technology to confuse it with. But that's not saying much.

edit on 10-10-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
One major flaw: you can't disprove the existence of Extra terrestrials around our solar system yet, either.
edit on 10-10-2011 by AuirOverrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
For more than 30 years I have researched and wanted to believe in UFO's and the unexplained until recently with all of the scams and book sale promotions that I've uncovered as false claims and sightings within the community. The internet provides a quick and in most cases a reliable source to debunk or question claims to come to a logical conclusion of the stated facts.

I'm a no body in this research and did it for my own curiosity and unanswered questions about this phenomenon and its weekly claims.

There are some mind boggling unexplained cases that deserve more research but most are fantasies and lies constructed to line the pockets of cons and charlatans.

I read many post of those that ask where's the proof and the response vary from individual to individual and the most absurd is that youtube said so and there's a video with proof "here I'll prove it."

CGI artist, fantasy writers, Ufologist. and professional hoaxers, sometimes make a living off of the gullible and the immature and I get so tired of people stating that UFO's are real because "I said so" that it became a tired and hopeless cause to try and debate. I'm called closed minded by youthful newbies that don't realize UFO's have been around and in vogue since the 50's and the same questions have always plagued the curious . Its nothing new, there have always been the full tilt believers and those that wanted more than a word or grainy picture to become a fanatic.

So recently, I threw in the towel and raised my hands in defeat because whom am I to compete with youtube and a best selling author on a humanoid reptile species or a Chevy in a tunnel on Mars?

In the meantime I'll continue my own personal research without funding the cranks and snake oil salesmen and hope for some real data to appear that can be verified and finally answer the questions from the 50's, Are we alone?

edit on 9-10-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

I'm glad you posted this because I too can relate. I still have a huge interest in sci fi and watch Ancient Aliens but I haven't believed in awhile.

Also S&F'd. Only read to page 5 but I can definitely say this thread is different from the other threads. Usually the way these type of threads go is the OP doubts the religion of Ufology and then come the believers...with acid tongued jabs. But this is a refreshing change to all of that. I definitely believe that life exists elsewhere, of course, it would be impossible not to in our galaxy. However the zeal with which some people defend so called "evidence" of visitation is so much like that of other religious nuts that I too have turned away from Ufology. I mean right now there are threads like Dr. Scientist Guy translates msg from the stars that have been moved to the hoax bin only to be agressiving defended by the willfully blind and faithful.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join