It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET UFOs are Not Real

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by naraku
Oh look, it's this thread again.

HAHAHA.

Seriously, you crack me up.

Thanks for the laugh.

Could they be ETs? Oh yes, they could...but we don't know for sure! Seriously....I mean some people claim that it happens/that's the case, and I believe that they believe that something happened to them, but they should be astute enough to know that not everyone is just going to "take thier word for it."

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I petition for the removal of the stars and flags system on ATS? (At least on the members public profile maybe?)

On the grounds that it creates too many unnecessary threads, this thread seems like a good place to start my argument.
edit on 10-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by wavemaker

why are aliens a logical conlcusion? we dont even know life exists on other planets never mind intelligent life never mind ETIs with the ability to travel here. You might aswell say flying unicorns are a logical answer.

A logical answer would be something mundane. In most of these cases there's insufficent evidence to come to a conclusion. A lot of the time its purely eye witness testimony they're going from and that is extremely prone to error.

Heres a good example from ufo investigator j allen hynek.

During the great Michigan UFO "wave" in 1966, Hynek had an interesting encounter with a UFO.One evening during his visit he was in a police cruiser when a UFO report came over the radio. Several police vehicles converged on an intersection, and officers leaped out pointing and shouting excitedly at the mystery object. Hynek, the professional astronomer, recognized it as the star Arcturus. The episode, he said, was a 'sobering demonstration' to him

edit on 10-10-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

Life in some planets (at least one) is clearly proven. Uniqueness of Earth life is not proven. Occam's razor alone suggests life on earth cannot be unique, because uniqueness is less simple an answer than "life sprouts easily everywhere". Unless you believe life itself is unbelievably rare and magical fairies created it only here.

Whether or not such life has come here can be debated further.

-rrr
edit on 10-10-2011 by rickyrrr because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2011 by rickyrrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

ET UFO's are not real . . .

. . . one or two cases can't be explained away . . .

There are just too many contradictions . . .

Prove me wrong

I don't think you need any assistance to weaken your case - you're doing fine on your own.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

edit on 10-10-2011 by ErgoSphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

As for Roswell, if you choose to believe that the military instituted cordons, secret (now not secret) flights of the debris to top foreign tech bases, and hushed up witnesses for a balloon project using off the shelf parts, well, I can't stop you, but you have to admit it's almost as much of a fantasy leap as alien craft.

I am more apt to believe Annie Jacobson's telling of Roswell where Russia bred child sized mutants to fly a german engineered craft that looked similair to flying saucers in hopes of spurring public panic of the ":War of the Worlds" variety

www.huffingtonpost.com...

UFO? Weather balloon? Russian scare via Nazi technology and mutants? Who knows, but yes the gov. has told different stories and so has everyone else. No "proof" of ET though.

There are some pretty darn convincing witness stories though regarding unexplained craft and events.

Most...and I mean the vast majority of it is trash though.

ET life exists IMO. The science heavily supports it. Whether they have visited earth? No proof...yet

A few of my favorite cases....

Battle of Los Angeles....many witnesses...including The Untied States military who bombarded the object for a very long time to no avail.
ufos.about.com...
Pic here
www.rense.com...

Also Leveleand TX ...15 different close reports of same object, sightings including the police.
ufos.about.com...

This is also one of the most convincing stories...Multiple Military witnesses..close up
Radar, audio recordings, officially documented and reported etc.
1980-UFO Landings at Rendlesham Forest
ufos.about.com...

Agreed, no absolute proof, but some pretty big questions remain unanswered.

ufos.about.com...
edit on 10-10-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have chosen the best three cases on you tube that i can find or know of, you may know some better ones, bu tmy point here is to illustrate how these things get dramatised.

The first claims that there are hundreds of UFO following the shuttle. I see some stuff i can't explain properly, but i am fairly sure it is debris and perspective making ordinary space junk seem out of the ordinary.. The commentator is trying to tell us that these things a 2 or 3 miles wide.

Do you all honestly believe that there were hundreds of UFO's at a time ET UFOs following the shuttle.

And here is number 2 Titled "irrefutable proof for UFOs / ET presence on Earth (?)"

again it is all testimony , but no proof. Same thing as someone saying "you murdered that man" but there is no body, murder weapon etc etc etc.

and lastly we have this one. Titeled "100% Real Proof UFO and Aliens are REAL"

so hopefully you get my point, all this stuff about proof when actually there is no proof at all.

Now i have been fair as i could have chosen really cheesy videos, but the ones i have chosen are better than normal rubbish but still provide no proof.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
I petition for the removal of the stars and flags system on ATS? (At least on the members public profile maybe?)

On the grounds that it creates too many unnecessary threads, this thread seems like a good place to start my argument.
edit on 10-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

Your argument is weak,
This not the thread you were looking for,
move along move along,
go back to your home and
enjoy your life.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Why do you pro UFO people think that the high probability of life on other planets = alien visits to Earth?
Why do you pro UFO people put down critical thinkers?
Why can't you pro UFO people see that you come across as evangelical and refer to hearsay as fact. That's what creationists do with the bible.

Why are you so negative of logical apposing thought? Perhaps you're not as secure in your belief as you like to make out. Or perhaps when a logical point is made against alien life visiting this planet it threatens the world you're hiding in to escape from whatever it is your're trying to take the focus off in your life.

There is no evidence that aliens have visited this planet regardless of how much you want to play make believe.

And everything that is referd to as evidence wouldn't even so much as hold up in a court room.
edit on 10-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

There are just too many contradictions. here is one that a simple soul like me spotted many times , in loads
of different accounts about "Roswell". " The metal was light and flexible but yet couldn't be scratched or dented"

Well how come it ended up in a million bits strewn across a field, if it was so unbreakable.

Hmm Was it a weather balloon, me thinks yes it was.

Someone has probably already mentioned this but...

How can that construe a contradiction, there by indicating that its a weather balloon? Your comparing its 'indestructibility' against a human tearing, denting or scratching it with the possibility the debris was torn apart in a high speed impact with the ground or some internal explosion... I can't really damage a 2 foot thick steel girder, but stick it in the right situation with enough energy behind it and you can turn it into oh so many twisted pieces. (It may very well be unbreakable in most situations, but from the details id say catastrophic failure and crashing isnt one of them)

So your saying, "It cant be damaged by a human, so it sure couldn't have been broken in a crash/explosion... its gotta be a weather balloon them!", even if it would then be a weather balloon with extremely resilient metallic skin with what sounds like memory metal properties.

Simple soul sounds about right...

And just a note im not saying by that small rebuttal Roswell is an alien event, since we just dont know. But your example of your argument against UFO's being real is poor.

edit on 10-10-2011 by BigfootNZ because: meh

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Your post needs deleting, purely due to the lack of research you have done before posting. The FBI have released an official document stating that they did indeed find a Saucer at Roswell. There are threads on ATS about it, if you care to search, So the reason you keeping drawing a blank on your UFO Research is because you are reading with your eyes closed.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Your post needs deleting, purely due to the lack of research you have done before posting. The FBI have released an official document stating that they did indeed find a Saucer at Roswell. There are threads on ATS about it, if you care to search, So the reason you keeping drawing a blank on your UFO Research is because you are reading with your eyes closed.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 140BPM

oh dear it looks like you havn't done your research.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 140BPM

Again with the attacks, The FBI document is a hoax

www.aolnews.com... t-likely-a-hoax/

so can we have your post deleted?

next

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There are literally millions of reports of things shooting through the sky and such throughout history and around the world, all it takes is for ONE of those reports to be correct and not a hoax or mis-sighting to rather disprove your idea me-laddo!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

There is no evidence that aliens have visited this planet regardless of how much you want to play make believe.

And everything that is referd to as evidence wouldn't even so much as hold up in a court room.
edit on 10-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

I think when you wrote "evidence" you meant proof?

There is a good deal of evidence in the form of witness testimony...not just some lone driver in the country, but multiple expert witnesses of the same event. O'Hare airport involved Runway Mechanics, Pilots and Air Traffic Controllers...all of which are highly trained to discern known aircraft and weather phenomena.

The Rendelsham Woods event involved multiple military personnel and officers and included up close sightings, radar readings, audio recordings and military reports.

All of this testimony is valid in court.

It does not meet the high burden of "proof" to substatiate the claim.

I find folks that are so blindly dismissive of such evidence as equally faulted in their thinking as those that blindly accept a single persons claim of "alien contact" without evidence as fact.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The OP is putting forward the argument that UFOs are not driven by beings from other planets. Who knows ?

I personally think we know so little about our own planet and have very little understanding of the levels of existence or even what we are. What if there are beings living deep under the ground. What about deep under the ocean. How much do we know about the mind and how it can conceive , create or interpret?

My point is that before we start speculating about visitors from outer space, perhaps we should start to comprehend our own world and ourselves a bit more.

The OP may be touching a raw nerve with his post but it should lead to a worthwhile debate.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The Trent photos from 1950's, (long before photoshop) are pretty convincing.

But the OP tend to ignore the posts that he cant dismiss with a link to a biased debunker. I think he ignored 20 of the best posts in this thread so far.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blooregard
Satellites making a U-turn seems reasonable?

Ok . answer this then.
Why would ET enter our atmosphere in craft that is completely illuminated.

If . as some suggest that they are on secret observation missions. why arrive with all the lamps turned on.

edit on 10-10-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

Because... since the Foofighter's are "Top Gun" rulers of our skys; why should they bother to turn off the lights?

What better way to introduce themselves - What with their dazzling displays of curious fiery lighted orbs, and aerial prowess that makes themselves seemly to be invincible against anything [primitive weapons] that we can throw at them.

My hypothesis - Is that the Foofighter's, are fueled by light photon's. Since they have have plenty of photon's during daytime to power the starcraft; but besides offense and defense modes, they generate their own light photon's in the dark of night. to power the other-worldly craft.

During my other-wordly craft sighting, one night back in 1976, it could have been just a shot of adrenaline; but I seemed to sense the presense of a powerful ET Lordship that was in the flying craft far above my head.

Wish you were there... but I still think that you would not believe your own eyes; and that you would pass it off as something other than an "other worldly craft."

edit on 10-10-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 10-10-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 10-10-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cribblet
There are literally millions of reports of things shooting through the sky and such throughout history and around the world, all it takes is for ONE of those reports to be correct and not a hoax or mis-sighting to rather disprove your idea me-laddo!

You are certainly correct, and i hope that there is one that provides irrefutable proof, so far though
there has not been that "one". If so we would not need to discuss this here.

I am not a hater, i just want the truth like we all do. I don't want some half truth or fantasy
masquerading as the truth. I

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join