It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan could kill bin Laden’s doctor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yes it looks like helping the US fight terrorism in Pakistan could land you in hot water with the Pakistan government.

For his assistance with American authorities in the raid and execution of Osama bin laden, a Pakistani doctor helped locate the former al-Qaeda leader for the US government is facing charges of treason.

Dr Shakeel Afridi allegedly attempted to collect DNA samples from bin Laden and his friends and family by way of an extensive vaccination program in Abbottabad could be killed if Pakistani officials find him guilty of treason. As tensions between Pakistan and America continue to escalate, officials in Islamabad are refusing protests from the US and are pondering putting the man to death.

US officials have tried to have Afridi freed from his jail cell in Pakistan, but officials overseas have rejected their pleas. Afridi was apprehended shortly after the execution at bin Laden’s compound in early May. Without a lawyer and unable to be assisted by American authorities, the doctor is now being considered a traitor for his country.

Complete with fake Osama Bin Laden death photo in Afghanistan newspaper.

rt.com...
edit on 9/10/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think Pakistan is not much of an ally.Aiding and abetting enemies of their ally. Punishing people for helping their ally?

Hmm... Perhaps they were just wanting us to think they are an ally in hopes of getting some inside info on occasion? If that makes sense...

And yes, I find it funny that that fake Dead Osama picture that has actually been on the internet for years, and has been proven to be fake is in that paper...

Maybe they did not get the memo that it was a fake picture. Actually a lot of people in that area ( Afghanistan for example) have no idea that 9/11 even happened, or why we are over there....So it is possible they think it is a real picture of the dead Osama.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
WHAT RIGHT DOES THE US HAVE TO TELL ANOTHER COUNTRY WHO THEY CAN IMPRISON OR NOT? Its like if Pakistan said to the US, dont jail this man, would the US listen? definitely no...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Should he be killed? No.
Is he guilty of some form of treason? Probably
America isn't much different. Life in prison or you die soon.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

"I think Pakistan is not much of an ally.Aiding and abetting enemies of their ally. Punishing people for helping their ally? "

Shocking they aren't acting like patriotic Americans.. maybe because they're not?

Would you expect to be applauded if you conspired with a foreign govt to kill a suspect on US soil?.. oh, I almost forgot.. this suspect was unpopular on television, making it ok.. and the law negligible.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Bradley Manning anyone?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Bradley Manning anyone?

Are you proposing a trade? I could get behind that. We get the Pakistani medical doctor who helped kill Osama bin Laden. He can start a practice here, or maybe the CIA would hire him out of gratitude. They get a mentally-unstable 20-something private who can't keep his mouth shut. I'm sure Bradley will find the Pakistani government is much more humane than ours, and would never kill civilians, accidentally or on purpose. Nor will he ever have to put up with the kind of homophobia that made his life in America so difficult--Muslim-majority nations are renowned for their tolerance of minority lifestyles. Yes, this sounds like a winner for all concerned.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
One thing is clear, the US wasn't having too much luck finding him on their own so they better get some Seals and another stealth Black Hawk in the air.

new topics

top topics

join