It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

California allows college aid to illegal immigrants

page: 2
11
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
My biggest hang up is the whole thing is the ................ILLEGAL...........Part

If law abiding folk want or need help, I don't see a big problem as long as it is with in budget....But, uhm,....NO...not this.

We should just all move our selves out of our homes. leave your belongings inside.
Fill up your cars gas tank and leave the keys on the drivers seat. The Illegals will need these when they go to the jobs that most Americans "supposedly" will not take.

This is nothing more than a modern day land rush, or new version of manifest destiny sponsored by the unwilling American citizenry at the manipulative hands of the loving government.
I feel an expletive coming on and it starts a big fat letter F, followed by ....................I'm rambling again....................jeez.





posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think a lot of people here can agree that this seems to be yet another attempt to secure the Latino vote for 2012.

Just the other day, Obama appointed SHAKIRA to the Education Advisory Board.

Obama appoints Shakira

This is not so much a 'racial' thing for most....its more an economical thing. Our country is already bankrupt beyond belief, yet we decide to give federal funds to people who come here illegally and will not contribute and pay taxes.

Then natural born citizens, veterans and the like line up to receive assistance, we get more red tape than a Macy's parade....

It's beyond crazy
edit on 9-10-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
My biggest hang up is the whole thing is the ................ILLEGAL...........Part

If law abiding folk want or need help, I don't see a big problem as long as it is with in budget....But, uhm,....NO...not this.

We should just all move our selves out of our homes. leave your belongings inside.
Fill up your cars gas tank and leave the keys on the drivers seat. The Illegals will need these when they go to the jobs that most Americans "supposedly" will not take.

This is nothing more than a modern day land rush, or new version of manifest destiny sponsored by the unwilling American citizenry at the manipulative hands of the loving government.
I feel an expletive coming on and it starts a big fat letter F, followed by ....................I'm rambling again....................jeez.



Exactly!!

Illegal is illegal.....its not even a 'race' thing.

It is a federal crime for a woman to claim food stamps by lying on any part of her welfare application, but illegal immigrants come her all the time with no verification or I-9 documents and receive maximum benefits....

and the reward they get if they KEEP HAVING CHILDREN??

Unreal



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
what makes me sick is how illegals are catered to at every turn while citizens who need help are not getting it. It is a myth that illegals are only taking the jobs that citizens won't do. Yay for Alabama and their new strict laws. Now jobs are open for citizens. What we need are for all States to be stricter, otherwise the illegals will just move to another State. Stop the jobs and freebies for illegals and let them self deport!



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Yep, I was totally speechless when I read that. Like WTF... I realize they need education and jobs, but can they least get their citizenship first? How hard is that? I think it's totally unfair to the American people.


Should read: California allows college aid to people who live/grew up here.

Dude I knew was brought here from S America at 10, grew up pledging allegiance to the flag... naive enough to join the modern day armed forces of corporate America that wont have him. He works full time, files taxes, pays tickets..

He's an infamous "illegal alien", not a regular person?.. thats like calling someone an "illegal human".. how dare a human live on the planet!!.. totally absurd.

Ever hear of "divide and conquer"? "Divide et impera".. lines on a map called countries look a-lot like divide, divide, divide, divide.. and dive again.. and conquer.

Congratulations on being fooled into hating your neighbors kids.. strangers you'll never know, rather than look around and think like a chess player.. not a pawn.



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20
 


My Friend snowen20, What every State needs is a Law Like, Alabama’s HB 56 it is even tougher than Arizona’s controversial SB 1070.
I'm going to attach a Link Here: www.frugal-cafe.com... -toughest-state-in-america-for-illegal-aliens-video/

Barack Obama and his DOJ team will likely also ruthlessly hammer Alabama’s citizens with its own expensive federal lawsuit and lambast the state in the media

Does This Surprise Anyone? Like a Poster Above Me Stated, Obama Needs The Votes and California is Helping Him.

Just Try And Imagine All The illegals Running From Alabama To California,,,,, No Wonder They Can't Get Any One To Vacation In That State Of California,,,,,
edit on 9-10-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
There is a thread on this already.

More state aid for illegals. Why am I not surprised it's California?

Search or New Topics section are your friend



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ill repeat what I said on another thread:

Someone breaks into your house, and the government makes it legal for them to steal your money.



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
what makes me sick is how illegals are catered to at every turn while citizens who need help are not getting it. It is a myth that illegals are only taking the jobs that citizens won't do. Yay for Alabama and their new strict laws. Now jobs are open for citizens. What we need are for all States to be stricter, otherwise the illegals will just move to another State. Stop the jobs and freebies for illegals and let them self deport!


Bravo Alabama!!!

And I despise calling any type of customer service and having to push '1' for English...that is the most annoying.

I bet if i move to France, they are going to expect me to learn THEIR language, and rightfully so.

This thing with funding their education is insane.
edit on 9-10-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie
 





I bet if i move to France, they are going to expect me to learn THEIR language, and rightfully so.


You will not get a choice in China either.
There is a Difference though I need to add,, In China, Most Customer Service People will Try Very Hard To Converse With You and Practice Their English.
To show improvement in English, You can expect a promotion, That is a Skill The Chinese Customer Service Departments Look For.
English specking help is always available.



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Before I begin I would like to thank the OP for protecting America.

I live in Alabama and I was happy when the new immigration law was past because they don't belong here if they are going to remain illegal. The downside to the new law is that they are now going to other states causing problems like someone has already stated.

It's not fair that the Dream Act bill has passed in favor of illegal immigrates in California. There are legal citizens who deserve that money who have worked hard to get good grades, but can't afford to attend college. For an illegal immigrate to be awarded aid to attend college here is wrong. The American people should be taken care of, not illegal immigrates who come into this country and are rewarded for breaking the law.



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
Before I begin I would like to thank the OP for protecting America.

I live in Alabama and I was happy when the new immigration law was past because they don't belong here if they are going to remain illegal. The downside to the new law is that they are now going to other states causing problems like someone has already stated.

It's not fair that the Dream Act bill has passed in favor of illegal immigrates in California. There are legal citizens who deserve that money who have worked hard to get good grades, but can't afford to attend college. For an illegal immigrate to be awarded aid to attend college here is wrong. The American people should be taken care of, not illegal immigrates who come into this country and are rewarded for breaking the law.



Always welcome.

You are very correct about this new 'Dream/Nightmare Act', and I can bet that the people of your state are thanking their lucky stars that they bit the bullet on this...

I hate thinking about what you said, as far as the hardworking, honest, and LEGAL students here already in our country who CAN"T go to college because of all the red tape behind it (family makes too much, haven't repaid a prior student loan) and it is just so wrong that there aren't enough words for it...



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by ButterCookie
 





I bet if i move to France, they are going to expect me to learn THEIR language, and rightfully so.


You will not get a choice in China either.
There is a Difference though I need to add,, In China, Most Customer Service People will Try Very Hard To Converse With You and Practice Their English.
To show improvement in English, You can expect a promotion, That is a Skill The Chinese Customer Service Departments Look For.
English specking help is always available.


True. Very true.

However it is not the norm to be expected to hear everything in dual languages and to cater to me in every way...

Eventually, I would need to learn THEIR language. Its' only courteous.

I would not go to a foreign country, get in an assistance line, and stand there expecting someone to come out and speak English and translate everything for me upon my arrival. Seriously, that in itself is lazy.



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu


Should read: California allows college aid to people who live/grew up here.

Dude I knew was brought here from S America at 10, grew up pledging allegiance to the flag... naive enough to join the modern day armed forces of corporate America that wont have him. He works full time, files taxes, pays tickets..


Then he had plenty of time to get his "Green Card" visa. No excuse. He wants the benefits of the American people but he can't take a day of his time to apply for a visa card? What's that say about him?
edit on 9-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Just a suggestion.

Instead of a fence along the Mexican border, why not one along the Californian border. To keep them there!
S&F OP



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I just thought about it....

They can spend their entire childhood here in the states, decide to go to college, apply and get accepted....

but will not take the steps to apply for citizenship?

Am I missing something?



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie
 


California has enough budget problems as it stands. So how the hell are they going to pay for this when they can't pay for what they already have? I've always though people from out west were a little odd (at least from my Midwestern prospective) but this is just STUPID.



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Wow....

Undocumented students get free education

Then why is it that LEGAL students are denied federal funding if they don't provide documentation such as

SSN
Proof of selective service
IRS tax return
Residency



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I wish California would just become a State of Mexico. It's my most hated US state of all. Rude people, hippies everywhere and no money unless you are already rich and deeply embedded in cronyism. I can say this as I lived in SanD for two years and Long Beach for two years. Hell, even in northern California, English is a second language!



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie
 


Yeah I am considered "left" or whatever... but this is toooo liberal.

Helping Illegals get school and paying for illegals?

It's just stupid. Isn't Cali one of the more broke states in the country too?

Simply dumb as hell. Someone is looking for latino votes I am guessing.



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join