It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you are about to read is mind boggling and spooky - The Kennedy and Lincoln "coincidences"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
History Lesson:

Have a history teacher explain this----- if they can.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln 's secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.
Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.
Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named 'Ford.'
Kennedy was shot in a car called ' Lincoln' made by 'Ford.'

Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse.
Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theater.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

And here's the kicker...

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

Whatever is going on here, it would seem that either our history has been manipulated by certain secret societies or the completely unthinkable - interdimensional/otherworldly beings are manipulating our world events or maybe other dimensional universes are clashing with our timeline to create these "coincidences" - frikkin crazy I know!

Whatever explanations there are about all these coincidences between Lincoln and Kennedy, I'm pretty sure these coincidences are just impossible ignore or debunk.

edit on 9-10-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Pretty old stuff, I remember reading this when I was a kid which 20+ years ago .. interesting, but never really dug into it to find out how accurate it was..

However..

Given enough time, coincidences do happen...
some of these are stretching to make it sound more impressive though.. for example, notorious killers, assassins.. etc .. are generally referred to by their full names in history .. there's nothing special about that point in the list, but it's added in there to make the list longer and seemingly more impressive.
edit on 9-10-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Funny thing is i read that and my world looks EXACTLY the same as it did before i read it.

This has been posted many times.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have never seen this and it's new to me. Nice coincedences although I do not particularly pay too much attention to these things. Thanks for sharing I would've never known this.

PS: Nice avatar Prophecy

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
History Lesson:

Have a history teacher explain this----- if they can.

Funny you should say that. That is exactly where I heard about this the first time, in 8th grade history class. The teacher brought it up as an interesting tidbit kind of thing and handed out a paper to everyone detailing the similarities as you have done.

link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Okay, I follow, but none of this is really new.....what is your bottom line, is there something we should take from the lesson, or is it just that there is more than meets the eye? Sorry, but I think more people believe both assassinations were done by a group vs one lone gun man....Is there something that we should be looking at to keep history from repeating?

link   

I haven't checked the dates etc for accuracy, but I thought it was just supposed to be a long winded joke with the punchline actually being:

"A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was IN Marilyn Monroe!"

Rat

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Heard that on TV in the 60's.

Some years ago, I remember seeing it debunked "in part" on the net somewhere. I don't remember where but several things were incorrect.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
it is interesting, although i remember reading this a long time ago. all of these occurrences do seem to mirror each other ridiculously well, it's certainly possible for an event to pan out like this without the help of aliens or secret societies. i think we only jump to the conclusion that it is manipulated by an unknown/underground entity, because of the context, and the simple fact that we tend to believe unmediated events can only come down to something we are not aware of. nevertheless, spooky stuff.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
News to me.

But, quite interesting indeed.

Lol, talk about coincidences.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Many Presidents were very concerned about Civil rights. Placing this in the list Is reaching a little bit I think.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Yes both were born with the year ending in 39 but Booth was born in May and Oswald was born in October and remember, both were 100 years apart.. that's hardly anything to be suspicious of really. The same applies to the other "anomalies" of this nature in my opinion.

Both assassins were known by their three names.
Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

As are lots of people.

Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse.
Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theater.

Well technically Oswald got a bus, then a taxi, visited his rooming house and then over an hour after the assassination he ran and hid in a theater.

Booth on the other hand didn't run and hide in a warehouse at all. He alongside Dave Herold visited a tavern and then various other locations (click this link to see the entire escape route map) along the escape route. Booth was then shot in the famous Garret barn well over a week after the assassination.

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

She died in August of 1962 and Kennedy was shot in November of 1963.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I thought it was comical. Like this:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
Funny thing is i read that and my world looks EXACTLY the same as it did before i read it.

I saw all this when I was a kid too.

Though this time, maybe the world does look different. I think maybe the grass looks a little greener?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
lincoln was a notorious bootlegger who sold barrels of whiskey out of his storefront.

kennedy's fortune was made selling bootleg whiskey by his father.

if you're ever in washington d.c. go to fords theatre and you can actually walk up to the balcony lincoln was shot.

the theatre is actually really small and you can follow boothe's escape route. i

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Okandetre

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

I saw all this when I was a kid too.

Though this time, maybe the world does look different. I think maybe the grass looks a little greener?

Says the man on the grassy knoll

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Nice info..

Also keep in mind, stock market drama likes October.. from here

Oct 29, 1929
Oct 19, 1987
Oct 06 2008

.. the exact dates are debatable, but October is consistent. Could be just another coincidence.. maybe nothing, just information

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Most of these are in fact coincidences, rather than some nebulous conspiracy.
I think everyone on ATS has run into this series of statements at one time or another.....and sooner or later someone posts this:

The coincidences are easily explained as the simple product of mere chance. It's not difficult to find patterns and similarities between any two marginally-related sets of data, and coincidences similar in number and kind can be (and have been) found between many different pairs of Presidents. Our tendency to seek out patterns wherever we can stems from our desire to make sense of our world; to maintain a feeling that our universe is orderly and can be understood. In this specific case two of our most beloved Presidents were murdered for reasons that make little or no sense to many of us, and by finding patterns in their deaths we also hope to find a larger cosmic "something" that seemingly provides some reassuring (if indefinite) rhyme or reason why these great men were prematurely snatched from our mortal sphere.

www.snopes.com...

YOu should read the entire article as it goes through each statement and explains the coincidence.
edit on Sun Oct 9 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Lincoln was raised in a log cabin.
Kennedy once spilled Log Cabin syrup in his father's Lincoln.

Coincidence?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join