It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yummy French Herb Bread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and altered it to my liking. I liked the look of it so decided to make it my own. It came out really good and went well with my beef stew! It's been a rainy weekend here in Florida so it was a fitting meal!

Yummy French Herb Bread

Ingredients
1 tbs + 1tsp active dry yeast
2 tbs white sugar
1 1/4 tsp salt
4 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup milk
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup water
4 tbs margarine

1/2 cup minced onion
1 tbs minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tbs minced fresh parsley
1/2 tbs Italian seasoning
2 1/2 tbs margarine

Directions

1. In a large bowl combine the yeast, sugar, 1 1/4 tsp of the salt and 1 1/2 cups of flour.
2. In a sauce pan combine the milk, water 4tbs of butter or margarine and cook until 110 degrees F.
3. Add milk mixture and vinegar to the flour mixture and mix until moistened. I use a fork or wire wish. I don't like to use a hand mixer cause it can kill the yeast. Mix for about 3-4 mins. You will get a work out making this bread

4. Stir in 2 cups additional flour to form a sticky dough. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead adding 1/2 to 1 cup more of flour until dough is smooth. This is usually about 7mins. Kneading is very important so don't skimp on it

5. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume. I usually put in the oven with the light on or infront of a window in direct sunlight.

6. Punch down dough and roll into a rectangle shape about 16x8 inches.

7. In a saucepan heat the onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, parsley, Italian seasoning and the butter or margarine until melted.

8. Spread over the dough rectangle

9. Now roll the dough up tightly like a jelly roll or pinwheel roll.

10. Place the bread seam side down onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and let rise until doubled in sized.
11. Preheat oven to 400F and then bake for 20-30mins. Once done baste the tops of the loaves with butter and sprinkle with parsley.

You can cut the loaf in half and it will make two loaves.

There you have it....French Herb Bread. I will be adding other herbs in future makings of this bread. It is very simple and you can pretty much add whatever you want as the middle part. I think next time rosemary will be used!

Enjoy

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Holy smokes, that looks phenomenal. I remember many times my grandma making something with a similar idea, only with brown sugar and cinnamon.

All these smells around thanksgiving, and now this?! You're killing me!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FitForAKing
Holy smokes, that looks phenomenal. I remember many times my grandma making something with a similar idea, only with brown sugar and cinnamon.

All these smells around thanksgiving, and now this?! You're killing me!

Ohhh that sounds good! Yea my mom made cinnamon, raisin, cranberry twist bread with a cream cheese glaze on top today lol I get my bread skills from my mom and Nana. I LOVE to make bread!!

Happy Thanksgiving! I just saw that it was Thanksgiving there

Ours is next month and I will be making lots of bread!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This looks so good! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to try this!

top topics

join