It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain Steps Up Attacks on OWS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Republican presidential contender Herman Cain amplified his criticism Sunday of the growing Occupy Wall Street movement, calling the protesters “jealous’ Americans who "play the victim card” and want to “take somebody else’s” Cadillac.

On CBS, Cain suggested that the rallies had been organized by labor unions to serve as a “distraction so that many people won’t focus on the failed policies of the Obama administration.”

The banking and financial services industries aren’t responsible for those policies, Cain said. “To protest Wall Street and the bankers is basically saying you’re anti-capitalism,” he said.

Source

I tend to agree with Cain that these protests are generally serving as a widespread distraction from the real issues at hand. These protests are just giving 'the masses' something to do with their pent up anger.

And, after all, what has this whole Occupy Wall Street accomplished so far? Shutting down a bridge in Brooklyn?

Is Occupy Wall Street a useless distraction as Cain say, or is Cain using OWS as a means of amplifying his own media presence?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
1. Really? Protests are a distraction? From what then... sitting at home and watching fox news tell you what to think? Right.
2. Yes, Cain is using it to try and gain media attention. He's also trying to make it into a republican / democrat thing. Which it is not.
3. Cain hates OWS because he's the spoiled rich kid.
4. Thank you Cain for making it so clear that you are also the enemy.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
1. Really? Protests are a distraction? From what then... sitting at home and watching fox news tell you what to think? Right.

Yes, how many people at these events do you think even realize what the movement stands for? How many do you think are there just to feel like they are part of something or because they want to have something to post on their facebook?

For example, listen to these drones in Atlanta:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think Mr. Cain is being a little hypocritical,don't you think?

In 2009, Cain founded "Hermanator's Intelligent Thinkers Movement" (HITM), aimed at organizing 100,000 activists in every congressional district in the United States in support of a strong national defense, the FairTax, tax cuts, energy independence, capping government spending, and restructuring Social Security.[23]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

There has been a lot of outrage over that video. Anonymous put out a video directed at them for stifling freedom of speech.

I know a few Herman Cain supporters who are also OWS supporters I think they should be made aware of his attitude towards the protesters.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Herman Cain is a moron, anyone that preaches for ``energy independence`` is a moron.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom

Yes, how many people at these events do you think even realize what the movement stands for? How many do you think are there just to feel like they are part of something or because they want to have something to post on their facebook?

I just have one question.
What are you doing to help fix things?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
this guy is going to end up getting 4 votes by the time he runs for office. he managed to criticize and offend the non-wealthy, which according to stats is 99% of americans, and now he's offending new yorkers and the majority of americans who agree with the protest.

i think he's a republican plant ordered to run to make everybody else look good and to make sure there will never be a black president in the foreseeable future.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom

I just have one question.

b]What are you doing to help fix things?

I am working and supporting my family. When it is time to vote I will vote. For Ron Paul, if that is of interest. I see no purpose behind these particular protests.

edit on 9-10-2011 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Cain is most likely providing the "alternate diversion".
whilst he runs for the highest seat in the land, he cannot have his lock-in-step buddies from the Federal Reserve taking the heat now that the protesters are finally getting a clue and a proper sense of direction.

It's still early in the realization factor of the OWS participants but, if Cain can keep them at a distance and prevent more ppl from getting involved, all the better for him and his campaign (contributors as well).

is he a media whore ??? in a campaign, who isn't?

what ppl need to remember about Candidate Cain is that he IS the former chairman of the Federal Reserve / District 10 / info readily available via any search engine.

Of course he wants that machine in tact ... any real threat to the FR, you will see his claws appear and rather quickly.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Those "drones" are repeating what's being said so that this further back can hear what's going on. Interesting that you chose to see it that way though.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Deleted due to fat fingers.
edit on 9-10-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

2. Yes, Cain is using it to try and gain media attention. He's also trying to make it into a republican / democrat thing. Which it is not.

I find it troubling that you have taken as I see it, such a simplistic or ideological view. There is always more to the story. As a photographer, you should know that.

1. Really? Protests are a distraction? From what then... sitting at home and watching fox news tell you what to think?
- They could be viewed as a distraction, but I don’t think they have made that big of an impact yet. Time will tell. Politicians on both sides are now taking a stance on whether they approve or disapprove of OWS. I see this as a good thing. How it will effect the Corporate/Washington DC relationship remains to be seen.

2. Yes, Cain is using it to try and gain media attention. He's also trying to make it into a republican / democrat thing.
- See the above. Both Parties are trying to use OWS to their advantage. I think it is a good thing that the people of OWS do not let politicians of either stripe speak.

- Cain grew up quite poor, so this is just an invalid point. He’s wealthy now, but he did work his way up the ladder, just like many of us strive and and succeed or fail to do.

- Enemy? It almost sounds as if you want to shoot him with something other than your camera. Please tell me I’m wrong. That would make me feel a whole lot better. I consider those who have opposing views as the opposition, not the “enemy”.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Cain is just trying to get some Wall Street money. He has little principles regarding the well-being ordinary non millionaire and billionaire Americans just like most Republicans. He is 100 percent for the wealthy class. He is the one who said in the debate that rich folks should be keep all their money, as if they make their riches in a vacuum, and not in a country with real human beings who all won’t be business owners or corporatists.

new topics

top topics

join