It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REM's are bugging me out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
During my meditation and once in a light trance state I go to a regular trance where REM's happen. These bug me so much that I can't hold it to a deep trance where it will stop. Any advice?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Get more sleep.

People who are low on sleep can drop into REM much faster. Seriously sleep deprived people can even drop directly from an awake state into a REM state and very rarely REM while conscious.

REM has a required level you must meet or your brain will seek it out when ever possible. While meditating you are very relaxed and this opens you to falling into REM sleep if you haven't met your required amount over the last few days.

Try sleeping in on the weekend then meditate afterwards.

If you are getting a lot of sleep as is (as much as your body will let you) then you may just be wired in an uncommon way and you won't be able to avoid it.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I mean for AP, you pass through a regular trance, like sleep stage 1 where you have REM's...its hard for me to focus. But still I shall take your advice.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
actually i get that sometimes .... it's weird .... but i'll try getting more sleep like quest states.... might work

new topics

top topics

join