It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No papers, no water’: The sign denying basic services to Alabama’s illegal residents.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

I totally see your point. Yes things are bad for everybody right now. But what would you propose? What would your solution be?

Also, I wanted to ask, what should we latin legal citizens do about racial profiling? Am I going to have to carry my passport everywhere I go? That sucks.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The millions of illegal immigrants don't pay taxes. They have 4, 5, 6, 7 or 13 people using the same SSI and/or claiming 99 dependants. I know, I tried to help one do his taxes one time, not knowing he was an illegal. I saw the whole group of them then, and how they work the system. After that, because of a family members bad decision, I saw a whole lot more. They send all the money they can to their parents, kids or wives. They get EIC (when it is available) and claim the maximum amount of dependants. When it comes to actually filing their taxes at the end of the year, many do not because that is where the rubber meets the road and it doesn't jive.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
"Maybe that increase in prices is what the employers are avoiding by hiring illegals. Can the U.S economy take it if that happened?"

Good point. People can't afford the high food prices now, it will only get worse. Also, until we get our "legal" people off their "nanny state" butts, their WON'T be anyone to do the work.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
There is always a reason not to deal with a problem if you look.

Mexico was populated by foreigners before the US - had a civilization for thousands of years the Indians didnt bother trying to achieve.

So you have thousands of years of civilization, then you had an advanced civilization populate on top of that.

And what your left with is a 3rd world country by modern standards - a place where greed over ruled common sense, the law or human decency. A country whose continually generated an ever growing number of poor, disease susceptible, lower intelligence individuals.

And they all want to come here and bring "their" heritage with them.

And all I hear is sob story this sob story that - if Mexicans don't like there hopeless situation "they" need to fix it. Step 1 stop being poor as hell with and having a huge family.

And this crap about them being hard workers - try visiting a Mexican body shop. they will work all day and put stickers and signs out for what a sensible person would call garbage.

The people who these laws are designed for arent here to stay - they are illegal, invaders from a bad situation who will take everything they can get before someone forces them to leave. I'd like to help them any way that I can. Same with any black person that complains they were a slave, I'd like to help all of them find there way home so they can be happy as well.

Ok.......I was with ya up until that last line.

I'm a black woman.

The MAJOR difference here is that blacks didn't sneak across any border....we were forced across it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If these takes efeect it will start in alabama then spread across the country within years there will be some form of denial of basic service needed to live. I see the politicans blaming it on illegal imigration with there stealing are jobs while they pass laws to limit small start companies so the illusion is there. Most of the americans got in the country by a simple physical back in the day. The melting pot was the old term. But some of the laws and bills that have been passed are a little scary almost like there working on legal genocide.
First it will start on illegals then who knows what crazy idea they will have next. I heard a speach not to long ago where a politian said they would just send the sick and old home with a pill to die if it wasn't cost effective... what did the audience do... they cheered....How far have we fallen as a people to let bills like this pass whats next roll back to sterilizing children, the slow, cripple. This is the same way nazi germany started small laws passed to change health care during a economic crysis not to many where awake enof to see what came next the few who did ran.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

You also make a good point. Legals should do their part too.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by warsight
If these takes efeect it will start in alabama then spread across the country within years there will be some form of denial of basic service needed to live. I see the politicans blaming it on illegal imigration with there stealing are jobs while they pass laws to limit small start companies so the illusion is there. Most of the americans got in the country by a simple physical back in the day. The melting pot was the old term. But some of the laws and bills that have been passed are a little scary almost like there working on legal genocide.
First it will start on illegals then who knows what crazy idea they will have next. I heard a speach not to long ago where a politian said they would just send the sick and old home with a pill to die if it wasn't cost effective... what did the audience do... they cheered....How far have we fallen as a people to let bills like this pass whats next roll back to sterilizing children, the slow, cripple. This is the same way nazi germany started small laws passed to change health care during a economic crysis not to many where awake enof to see what came next the few who did ran.

And you know this how?....

Have you even read the whole thread...or, are you just climbing up on the political soapbox...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

They arent anchor babies, by law they are your fellow citizens, and morally your fellow human beings.

Stop buying into the BS they are selling you, Illegals arent the problem, its the Polices of the Government that has sold out every citizen.

They have sold out our manufacturing base in the name of free trade, those policies are why the American people see scarcity now, not the Immigrants legal or otherwise.

Imigration has been Americas strength from the start.

The New Colossus Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame, With conquering limbs astride from land to land; Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame. "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" Emma Lazarus, 1883

It will always be our strength, the weakness and fault lie at the feet of the Career politicians who use race and class warfare to keep us distracted from the true enemy THEM.

The huddled masses yearning to breathe free built this country, and at the end of the day they still hold hope in this country.

They still come here for a better life while we as Americans watch the dream die, they still hold the flame of the american dream in them, enough to risk life and limb to get here.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by circuitsports
There is always a reason not to deal with a problem if you look.

Mexico was populated by foreigners before the US - had a civilization for thousands of years the Indians didnt bother trying to achieve.

So you have thousands of years of civilization, then you had an advanced civilization populate on top of that.

And what your left with is a 3rd world country by modern standards - a place where greed over ruled common sense, the law or human decency. A country whose continually generated an ever growing number of poor, disease susceptible, lower intelligence individuals.

And they all want to come here and bring "their" heritage with them.

And all I hear is sob story this sob story that - if Mexicans don't like there hopeless situation "they" need to fix it. Step 1 stop being poor as hell with and having a huge family.

And this crap about them being hard workers - try visiting a Mexican body shop. they will work all day and put stickers and signs out for what a sensible person would call garbage.

The people who these laws are designed for arent here to stay - they are illegal, invaders from a bad situation who will take everything they can get before someone forces them to leave. I'd like to help them any way that I can. Same with any black person that complains they were a slave, I'd like to help all of them find there way home so they can be happy as well.

Ok.......I was with ya up until that last line.

I'm a black woman.

The MAJOR difference here is that blacks didn't sneak across any border....we were forced across it.

I hear ya BUTTER.....So am i.

CIRCUITSPORTS don't go there DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You sir, you get a star. Excellent post. Awesome point of view. That's how everyone should look at the problem in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attrei
reply to post by jude11

If you come here legally you get papers called a "Green Card" or an "Immigrants Visa" which you are required by law to carry on you at all times as an immigrant until the day you become a citizen. At which point you get your Citizens ID card (usually a passport and certificate stating you are a citizen). Yes this law is obvious who it is targeting Illegal Immigrants. Get them out of this country. Let them come here legally.

Not my problem if they can't get a job, a home, water, electricity, or anything as a Criminal. The statement of "Illegal immigrants are not second class citizens" is absolutely correct, They aren't citizens. They are Criminals.

Thank You!

This is what I have been saying. They are criminals by breaking the law and coming here illegally in the first place. Now you want us to feel sorry for them because Alabama won't give them running water
What a crock of smelly CRAP!

I have donated my money and time to all kinds of humanitarian organizations and activites. But what you are suggesting is by no means a violation of a human right. If they would have come here LEGALLY, none of us including the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS would be discussing this issue or any of the other Illegal Immigrant issues we're all facing.

It's people like you that are making this an issue. Since when are we "Supposed" to share our already limited resources with people who aren't legal citizens? People like you really need to wake the hell up!

I'm not going to say much else about this as I already have an issue with a recently passed bill in my own state:

CA Dream Act

But you go ahead and keep fighting for the rights of those Illegals that are stealing Tax Payer resources...I won't have any part of this ignorance!

Peace To You

ETA
Please, recognize the difference between contributing IMMIGRANTS (legally in the US) and non-contributing ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS (illegally in the US and who pay $0.00 in taxes).
edit on 10/10/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
" I heard a speach not to long ago where a politian said they would just send the sick and old home with a pill to die if it wasn't cost effective... what did the audience do... they cheered...."

Serious??? Name your source.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by felonius

They still come here for a better life while we as Americans watch the dream die, they still hold the flame of the american dream in them, enough to risk life and limb to get here.

I beg to differ with you....They come here, risking life and limb, as you put it....because their own country has let them down. Their own Country, facilitates them in coming here, to save money! They come here, because it is EASY to get here. Once they are here, there are a myriad of organizations that help them get every free service they can sign up for.

They come here, to have as many babies as they can, as fast as they can. They do not, for the most part, blend in with the existing people...they do not care that they are breaking our laws. They take advantage of everything that our society offers in aid to those who require it. It has now come to a time in our American history, that we don't have the seemingly unlimited resources to float an ever growing problem. It's time we take care of those who obey/honor our laws. It's time we take care of our own people...not some other Country's cast-offs. JMOHO

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

beg to differ with you....They come here, risking life and limb, as you put it....because their own country has let them down. Their own Country, facilitates them in coming here, to save money! They come here, because it is EASY to get here. Once they are here, there are a myriad of organizations that help them get every free service they can sign up for.

Easy?

hundreds die every year making the attempt, even worse many times the Coyote that brings them over ends up holding them hostage for more money and if they dont get it they kill them.

I know of at least one friend who I guess is an "Anchor baby" his mom was almost shot by the Coyote for more money, He is now a productive member of Society, his mom is a Nurse and citizen now.

Good show called Boarder Wars on NatGeo, shows some of the dangers to the Illegals when crossing.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

This is the same way nazi germany started

Funny, when we said that under the last administration people went ballistic.

America started becoming like Germany under Bush. Nafta set the stage for it back in the 90's, but the hate, barbarism and economic despair started under Bush though.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

beg to differ with you....They come here, risking life and limb, as you put it....because their own country has let them down. Their own Country, facilitates them in coming here, to save money! They come here, because it is EASY to get here. Once they are here, there are a myriad of organizations that help them get every free service they can sign up for.

Easy?

hundreds die every year making the attempt, even worse many times the Coyote that brings them over ends up holding them hostage for more money and if they dont get it they kill them.

I know of at least one friend who I guess is an "Anchor baby" his mom was almost shot by the Coyote for more money, He is now a productive member of Society, his mom is a Nurse and citizen now.

Good show called Boarder Wars on NatGeo, shows some of the dangers to the Illegals when crossing.

And...they would not be in any danger, if it were not for breaking our laws, by illegally entering our Country. There are legal avenues in place if they choose to use them. For the most part, they choose not use them. They CHOOSE to break our laws. They are responsible for any danger they CHOOSE to put themselves in.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Jim Krow makes it's ugly return.
Way to go Alabama. It's good to know you haven't lost your touch.

Hopefully they are heading to your state and your taxes.Good job Alabama you dont need pirhanna or Niel Young.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dembow
reply to post by Alien Abduct

I totally see your point. Yes things are bad for everybody right now. But what would you propose? What would your solution be?

Also, I wanted to ask, what should we latin legal citizens do about racial profiling? Am I going to have to carry my passport everywhere I go? That sucks.

That does suck a little but realistically its only a few more pieces of paper to add to the insurance card and the ID that you will need to provide anyways. We all have to show some papers. Some people will sometimes just have to show a few more. I don't think its that big of a deal.

The solution would be to make it nearly impossible to cross our borders. Get all the illegals out and also implement a shoot to kill law for anyone attempting to cross our borders illegally or covertly. This would halt the influx of illegal immigrants to almost nothing and so therefore almost eliminate the reason to ask people to show citizenship papers.

And my opinion on the racial profiling is this: If 80 percent of the crimes being committed are being committed by blacks and hispanics then 80 percent of the traffic stops should be black and haspanics. It makes perfect logical sense.

Here is a good analogy. You have a large ship. You have two leaks, a small one on the front side of the ship and a much larger one on the back side of the ship.

Would you send most of your men to the large leak and the rest to the smaller leak?

Or, would you send an even amount to each despite the difference so as not to offend the leaks?

This would also hold true for the illegals in this country. Sorry but most illegals are haspanic and therefore more haspanics will be asked to show their papers. It has nothing to do with racism. It just makes common logical sense to do this.

-Alien

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Yes, and that was in response to you saying the crossing was easy...

So which is it, is it easy, or is it hard but its their fault?

You seem not to know much about illegal immigration in general and relying on generalization.

Many times these immigrants come alone, with their family left behind, often time they are Males trying to feed their family at home, they have no intention of staying when they come, they want to go back once they have made enough.

They do not want to come here just to be poor in america and create more mouths for them to feed, some do this but most don't. The reason they come with such urgency is the immigration process is expensive and takes time, time that often their family does not have, they need food now not when the process is finished 5 years from now, its a move based on desperation.

AS for them taking jobs and services, this op was about a utility, one that is being denied to them, one that they PAID for btw... They take the jobs no one wants, unless you do want them here they will give them back to you.

takeourjobs.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ask the Native American what happens when you let people in uninvited.

A few years back I seem to remember Mexicans boycotting American business for day every once in a while.

In Germany before WW2 the Jewish were boycotting German business and good world wide. Google it kids it's on the internet. New York Times stories from the papers back then will even show up.

Mexicans let the whites come to their lands. It is now the Whites land.

The Mexicans have said for a long time they will take their land back without firing a shot.

This is not about Mexicans it's about anyone here illegally. They say they come here for a better life. They say they leave their families behind. Yet daily they send American money back home to Mexico. Many have plans of going back once they get enough money stock piled so they can live in Mexico like we dream of living here.

My thoughts are this way. If you don't like your neighborhood going to the dogs clean it up. With the humogous number of illegals here from Mexico I would think they could of should of started a movement for change. After all those that voted most of them voted for the man that claimed he would bring change with him.

The papers here in Alabama are full of sympathy stories useing the children as reasons this law is so terrible. One woman said she could not tell her grandaughter that her mother and friends aren't here because they are not wanted. Why not tell the grandaughter the truth. American has enough home grown criminals they don't need anymore. What they did makes them criminals.

Look at all the Mid Eastern countries fighting for change in their countries. So do not tell me the odds are against these people for change in Mexico. If you want something bad enough you will fight and die for it. You do not run and try to take it illegal. It makes you no better than what you are running from.

Do not be so sure the illegals would fight side by side with us. Many of them figure they have the right to be here since way back in history they owned a lot of this country.

History has a way of repeating itself...so what reservation would you like to be on?
edit on 10-10-2011 by napayshni57 because: posted before I was done.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join