It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No papers, no water’: The sign denying basic services to Alabama’s illegal residents.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dembow
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Your attitude says a lot. How do you know if I pay taxes or not? Or where I'm currently living?. Your mind powers are amazing. Debate, express opinions and ideas, who knows maybe we'll learn something.

Well...right under your avatar, it says "location", Republic of Puerto Rico....just sayin'....
edit on 10-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by jude11

Before anyone says that it makes sense because you cannot enter into a contract with the state without being a citizen, I will have to say that I have lived in 7 different Countries and have never been denied water.

So go back to those countries then.

If you aren't a US citizen, and are illegally here, you should be deported or making your way back to country of origin.

Very simple. Don't feed the problem.

Ah ha ha ha

That is a totalitarian Iron Fist of awesome!!!

Crush the illegals Alabama!

I saw an old sign in the south that said

"If you wanna ride this bus, you better know your place on this bus!"

Sounds like you,

you should
ponder that.

edit on 10-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Yes, I can see your point and you have a good argument. I know that americans aren't lazy, I work for one. But what happens if americans don't take those jobs. What happens if the employers won't raise the pay or worse they can't?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
So the argument seems to be...

"Yes. They are here illegally and in violation of the laws of the United States. We feel that this is unfair and unjust and therefore oppose it."

If that was where people stopped, despite disagreeing, I could at least respect and tolerate the point of view. But it's where people extend that logic to include...

..."Therefore, what we should do about this is let them die of thirst!"

... that I become fuzzy on the issue.

If I turned the water off at your house would your family die of thirst?

I rest my case.

-Alien

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Well that place doesn't exist, yet. I've seen those that say Mars or the Moon....sooooo.
Puerto ricans pay taxes, SS and whatnot, IRS exists down here, u know. What part of we are American citizens don't you understand. Whatever laws the federal goverment makes applies here. Our borders (coast) are protected by the US, we fight in YOUR army, use your currency, 4 million of us live in mainland US. And I cant post on this issue? All are created equal indeed

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Well that place doesn't exist, yet. I've seen those that say Mars or the Moon....sooooo.
Puerto ricans pay taxes, SS and whatnot, IRS exists down here, u know. What part of we are American citizens don't you understand. Whatever laws the federal goverment makes applies here. Our borders (coast) are protected by the US, we fight in YOUR army, use your currency, 4 million of us live in mainland US. And I cant post on this issue? All are created equal indeed

I've said nothing about you posting in this thread. Freedom of speech applies to all. I was responding to your rather flippant "how do you know where I live" comment. That's all.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Illegal Immigrants have been a huge issue and an increasing one in Illinois for a long time now. No free rides, no access to American resources and no jobs for them in my view. Ship there arses back to wherever they come from and don't look back. To hell with politicians who want to get there votes. That's gotta stop to. If you are not a U.S. citizen then you can't vote. Get out of my state and out of my country I say. I am sick of it all. I used to be very laid back about this issue and on the fence but I have taken a very hard line on it over the last 10 years particularly.

If they want humane treatment then they can get it all the way back to the bus taking them back to there home countries. Obama can go you know where as well. Another freaking immagrant robbing American's of there rights if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Yes, I can see your point and you have a good argument. I know that americans aren't lazy, I work for one. But what happens if americans don't take those jobs. What happens if the employers won't raise the pay or worse they can't?

Its supply and demand. And being that most of the jobs I'm talking about here have to do with food.......well there you have it....there is and will always be a healthy supply of demand for food.

Pay raise would be inevitable.

But one draw back would be that if they have to pay more for the food to be picked then they would have to raise the price of the food being picked. I for one am willing to pay a little more for food in order for millions of Americans to have jobs and I think most people would agree with me.

-Alien

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

And my point was that it could say Atlantis and it wouldn't be true. *shrughs*

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The way I see it, if you were illegally in Mexico you wouldn't be getting as great of a treatment as we give them. Would they help pay for your schooling such as California?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

And my point was that it could say Atlantis and it wouldn't be true. *shrughs*

You are right...it "could" say anything....but, the point is, it does say Republic of Puerto Rico. Unless you go into your account settings, and change it to something else. That is all I have to go on.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

True, true. Maybe that increase in prices is what the employers are avoiding by hiring illegals. Can the U.S economy take it if that happened?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
We should be dissuading illegals from coming here, not encouraging them. End of debate.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

True, true. Maybe that increase in prices is what the employers are avoiding by hiring illegals. Can the U.S economy take it if that happened?

I think the economy would benefit in the long run. There are so many agricultural businesses, hiring illegals under the table, for crap wages, AND, not paying into the system, by not declaring them as employees. Once some of this imbalance is adjusted for, I see a huge influx of money into the overall economy. If I saw fruit or veggies in the store, with a sticker that said, "picked and packed by LEGAL workers", I would pay a little more, over the cheaper ones.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What I truly don't understand is why are illegals getting benefits in the states? On that one I agree, they shouldn't have those. I only think it should be easier for them to get a visa, work and pay taxes.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I think the U.S should get back to manufacturing stuff to help their economy. Also millions of new immigrants paying taxes would help too, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Your attitude says a lot. How do you know if I pay taxes or not? Or where I'm currently living?. Your mind powers are amazing. Debate, express opinions and ideas, who knows maybe we'll learn something.

Well...right under your avatar, it says "location", Republic of Puerto Rico....just sayin'....

That is exactly why I said what I said. Dembow, you realize that PR is NOT a US State, right? It's a US territory and as such, is not beholden to all the same Federal Laws.

What I truly don't understand is why are illegals getting benefits in the states? On that one I agree, they shouldn't have those. I only think it should be easier for them to get a visa, work and pay taxes.

This is the fist thing that you posted that I even remotely agree with. But NO, it should not be easier. to get a Visa. It should be hard. It should be difficult to become a citizen of the USA. But is shouldn't be impossible. If you want the American Dream, you have to fight for it. You have to work hard for it. AND you have to follow the law. When it is handed to you, you have hardly had to dream anything.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I think the U.S should get back to manufacturing stuff to help their economy. Also millions of new immigrants paying taxes would help too, don't you think?

No. Its not like we have so much work that we can just make anyone that wants to come here a citizen and give them a job. This is precisely why this is becoming such an issue at the moment.

You see jobs are becoming scarce and as illegals wasn't such an issue before it is becoming an issue when we need jobs and there are 7 million illegals in this country and most of them have a job.

-Alien

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

My friend if you want to talk about PR, with me, have Google ready. Yes, PR is not a state but it is a territory. Is the property of but not a part of the US. ALL, I repeat ALL federal laws apply here. Congress has complete authority over PR and can do with it as they please, like give it away to another country as they stated in the last White House report. Now that being said, we are citizens, second class since we can't vote for the president or bear weapons, but citizens nonetheless. We can get in and out, no problem. The whole issue matters to us, since Americans can't tell the difference between mexicans, colombians, cubans or puertoricans, we are likely to fall victim to racial profiling.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
There is always a reason not to deal with a problem if you look.

Mexico was populated by foreigners before the US - had a civilization for thousands of years the Indians didnt bother trying to achieve.

So you have thousands of years of civilization, then you had an advanced civilization populate on top of that.

And what your left with is a 3rd world country by modern standards - a place where greed over ruled common sense, the law or human decency. A country whose continually generated an ever growing number of poor, disease susceptible, lower intelligence individuals.

And they all want to come here and bring "their" heritage with them.

And all I hear is sob story this sob story that - if Mexicans don't like there hopeless situation "they" need to fix it. Step 1 stop being poor as hell with and having a huge family.

And this crap about them being hard workers - try visiting a Mexican body shop. they will work all day and put stickers and signs out for what a sensible person would call garbage.

The people who these laws are designed for arent here to stay - they are illegal, invaders from a bad situation who will take everything they can get before someone forces them to leave. I'd like to help them any way that I can. Same with any black person that complains they were a slave, I'd like to help all of them find there way home so they can be happy as well.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join