It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No papers, no water’: The sign denying basic services to Alabama’s illegal residents.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Great idea jpmail. It's kind of already happening though. I pay real estate taxes through the nose and I'm sure most if it going to support illegal immigrants education and free lunches.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The difference between a pregnant woman and a terrorist?! really?

The cartels come and go as they please because someone is letting them, I think you know who.
Plus the cartels are supplying the demand for drugs in the US, that is fact. So that problem is shared by both countries.

Al-Qaeda and the cartels? They don't mix, Al-Qaeda wants to kill people, the cartels want money. You think the cartels wants to kill the americans OR the economy that buys their drugs? Think again. Your borders are secure no one is going to invade you.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

If you have no skin in the game here, why do you care?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
People still have the right to get their own water. The state just won't enter a contract with people in the country illegally. They can still catch rain water, dig a hole, or get some water from the lake, filter and boil it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

A wrench.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

I'll address it, of course. This debate is going very well. Sure some of them will not go through the proper channels because of a criminal record, but that's the minority. The majority don't because the process is so slow and against them they have no other choice. I understand where you all are coming from I really do and I agree with a lot of what you say. But understand that the system is allowing this to happen and people are just taking advantage of a flawed system. Hell, give them a higher tax rate, pay them lower wages but let them work and earn theirs.

Americans complaining about being invaded...
You guys haven't seen an invasion since 1812.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Welcome to the NWO

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

What do you mean no skin? I am not an american, true. But I AM an american citizen...since birth, and hispanic. So yes, I think I can comment on the issue.

Last time i checked it was an open forum.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Is Water a Basic Human Right? Damn right it is!

This is absolutely a denial of human rights. No water because you are not a resident? The new law is titled HB56 and goes further into denying BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS. The controversial state law also allows police to detain people suspected of being in the country illegally if they cannot show proper documentation when stopped by authorities for any reason.

So if you just look like you don't belong, you have no rights to avoid being stopped on the street. And what happens if you forgot your wallet at home? That's right...detained.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Before anyone says that it makes sense because you cannot enter into a contract with the state without being a citizen, I will have to say that I have lived in 7 different Countries and have never been denied water.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Illegal immigrants in Alabama have been threatened with losing their water supply under the strict new law the Obama administration today tried to block.

Under Section 30 of the regulation, those who lack official proof of residence are barred from entering into a ‘business transaction’ with the ‘state or a political subdivision of the state’

While it is not clear exactly what state services these are, illegal immigrants have in some cases been told they will no longer be entitled when the law comes into force. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

And before people get on the illegal immigrant rant, YOU can also be denied water as a US citizen:

And American citizens who have recently moved to the state may be forced into a race against time to gain state documentation or face having their taps switched off by the Alabama Water Works. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Peace

edit on 9-10-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Just curious - you've lived in 7 different countries illegally and had no problems like this?

Or were you there legally?

Also - water is a right, but having the water turned on in your house is not a right - it's a privilege of citizens that pay taxes and the water bill.

I'm pretty sure that any person can go and get some water from a public facility - but having water and electricity turned onto your home relies on you actually being a part of society - not under it hiding from the authorities.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So the argument seems to be...

"Yes. They are here illegally and in violation of the laws of the United States. We feel that this is unfair and unjust and therefore oppose it."

If that was where people stopped, despite disagreeing, I could at least respect and tolerate the point of view. But it's where people extend that logic to include...

..."Therefore, what we should do about this is let them die of thirst!"

... that I become fuzzy on the issue.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Let's see you walk into any utility company, try to open an account without some form of I.D. Even a U.S. Citizen must supply some type of valid I.D. to open an account for water, electricity...

You're right.

In fact, anywhere I have lived I have had to show ID...but did not need to be a resident. I just showed my Country ID. and they were kind enough to turn on my water.

This law states that you must show resident papers. Not the same at all. Quite clear what it's all about...and it ain't the water.

Under Section 30 of the regulation, those who lack official proof of residence are barred from entering into a ‘business transaction’ with the ‘state or a political subdivision of the state’ Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

? Resident papers equal a drivers license, social security card, or a birth certificate.... get real.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

So if you just look like you don't belong, you have no rights to avoid being stopped on the street. And what happens if you forgot your wallet at home? That's right...detained.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Under Section 30 of the regulation, those who lack official proof of residence are barred from entering into a ‘business transaction’ with the ‘state or a political subdivision of the state’

Welcome to GOP America... Gotta just love the 'tards who are always whining about their 'freedom' yet support this kind of crap. One more step towards "Show me your papers" at the whim of some dimwit who has a cool room temperature IQ, but happens to be some sort of "official".

Good job, GOP. And good job on the propaganda machine so the hordes of non-thinking soak this crap up thinking it will solve something.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Open_Minded Skeptic because: Fix quote tag

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

If you're not paying taxes here and do not live here, what have you got to complain about? You have no skin in the game.

reply to post by AceWombat04

No one said let them die of thirst. As I pointed out earlier in this thread, there are thousands of rivers and streams in Alabama. Also, as someone pointed out, they can easily go buy a bottle of water with the under the table job money that they didn't pay taxes on.

edit on 10-10-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

Cartels want money. Al Qaeda has all the world's poppies!! Cartels want money. Al Qaeda has money AND drugs! Cartels want power, Al Qaeda has weapons. Cartels want less intrusion by the government, Al Qaeda is a giant distraction.

And I think I made my pregnant woman analogy pretty well. If a pregnant women of limited education and resources and obvious physical impediments can get across the border with ease, then what is keeping trained insurgents from crossing the border?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm sure there are plenty of public fountains or public bathrooms which contain sinks that spew fresh water and I am also sure that some very cheap if not free containers could be found in which to put this free public water.

This FREE water would undoubtedly prove to be helpful on their journey back to their country.

Or better yet they can just turn themselves in and catch a free ride back. Along this free ride they will be afforded plenty of free water and even free meals.

Good riddance. Come back when you have papers. Until then us jobless Americans will enjoy the new influx of jobs that you leave behind.

I would like to take this opportunity to make a point here for those that (along with the mainstream media) like to argue. Their argument is that these illegals do the jobs that Americans don't want to do. Such as picking veggies and fruit. For one the jobs are very labor intensive and for two the jobs don't pay much.

My argument is this. When those illegals leave those jobs the people providing those jobs will have to raise
the pay rates to make the job more attractive to the american population. Because Americans won't work for 5 bucks an hour. Because they can't. Because they aren't splitting the bills 10 ways.

Once the pay rate is increased Americans will immediately take the place of those illegals and lots of jobless Americans will have jobs.

Anyone have a counter argument?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I don't think they are crossing the desert with ease my friend, not easy at all.

I can see what you mean with Al-Qaeda being a distraction, indirectly helping the cartels. However, my point is they would never work together, you see, mexican cartels are deeply catholic and their goals are completely different.

If you are taking about if covert forces of any kind wanted to cross the border or get inside the US they probably could, like, I dunno hijack an airplane and crash it in a building. But a conventional force cross any US border? I highly doubt it. You see mexicans don't see the US as an enemy, but as an opportunity.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Dembow

Cartels want money. Al Qaeda has all the world's poppies!! Cartels want money. Al Qaeda has money AND drugs! Cartels want power, Al Qaeda has weapons. Cartels want less intrusion by the government, Al Qaeda is a giant distraction.

And I think I made my pregnant woman analogy pretty well. If a pregnant women of limited education and resources and obvious physical impediments can get across the border with ease, then what is keeping trained insurgents from crossing the border?

I agree.

I make a similar argument. If they can get TONS of coc aine and TONS and TONS of marijuana across the border then how come they cant get a little suitcase bomb across?

Well the answer is simple. That pregnant lady and those tons of drugs got across the border because the United States government let them get across. Plain and simple.

If you don't agree then please explain to me why a pregnant lady and tons of drugs can get across the border undetected but one of the richest, most powerful and influential cartels (or terrorist groups) (Al Qaeda) on the planet fail to get one little suitcase across ANY United States border.

-Alien

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
This is an EXTREME interpretation of the law which states you shall have no business transactions, essentially put in place to prevent hiring illegals.

As far as I can tell, this only (so far) involves one small town. Allgood, Alabama. (THE IRONY!!!)
Population: A little over 700.
Median Income: $ 29,000 (about)
Average age: 27
Demographics: 52% Hispanic. The rest are mostly white. Seems like African Americans left there a long time ago. Who can blame them.
www.city-data.com...

I doubt very seriously if this hateful action will be implemented statewide, or if so, in small poor towns, like this one.

Oh really, so at one point there was a booming African American population and they all left because of these white devils........yet this is the same town where the white percentage decreased and the hispanic percentage increased.............this does not compute- never mind the fact that many of the legal citizens of hispanic origin may well support this law, but that would not fit your prejudice, JUST THE WHITE DEVILS!

What the hell are you even talking about? Or do you even have a valid point, other than to make sure everybody sees what a simpleton you are?

Yuck. I can't be bothered with you. Go ahead and hate. Hate the whole freaking world for all I care. Just include your own self when you make the count, that's the one thing that's clear.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Your attitude says a lot. How do you know if I pay taxes or not? Or where I'm currently living?. Your mind powers are amazing. Debate, express opinions and ideas, who knows maybe we'll learn something.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

True.

Either we are completely letting the Cartels and Immigrants across.......

Or

Al Qaeda has no interest in getting inside the US.

Either way, the government is lying and canniving and the source of the majority of our problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join