It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No papers, no water’: The sign denying basic services to Alabama’s illegal residents.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by macman

What if they have children who are American citizens? Will we than take them from them because the home doesn't have basic human needs?

if they pay the bill, guess what, they are paying into the system, their money is going to company with in the US, they paid for a service they should get it.

Your parents come in illegally and have kids here after the fact?

Sorry. No anchor babies.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
if they aren't paying the taxes then screw'em.

Sometimes they do....

Under stolen ID"s.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
I live in Alabama and the law is working exactly as its suppose too. A lot of illegals have left Alabama as soon as the law went into effect. Now there has been tons of ads for job openings in contruction and lawncare companies. The law is to make Alabama a state unfriendly to those who come here illegally since the federal government won't do its job.

This should also help the wages earned in these jobs.

No threat of calling 'migra.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Way to go Alabama!!!! Finally another state gets it right, if the government won't do their job of getting the illegals out let the states do it. You want "Rights"? then come here legally.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
What kind of horrifying monster denies water just because someone is here "illegally"? Sickening behavior for a modern day human.

Good news is a new line of work will show up. Dead illegal immigrant pick up service.

I hope the Reps are pleased with their sick games

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

No one is denying them water. There are hundreds if not thousands of creeks and rivers in Alabama.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Do you really think people are going to die?? I don't think anyone is going to die because of this law, there is not a law they can't go buy bottles of water.

Once again I'd like to say good job Alabama!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
you know...i'm a convicted felon from nearly 10 years ago. i still can't get food stamps and government aid, even though no one wants to hire a felon in this market. but...someone can come across the border...have lots of sex and get food stamps??? ok...i'm going to mexico...gonna learn to speak spanish...get a tan...and sneak across the border and find some chick who wants to have a child every year so we can get the governemnt to pay all my bills so that i can save all the money i make from working 60 hours a week under the table so that i can have 24 inch rims on my escalade.. i guess i'll have more luck being an illegal alien than an american who made a mistake.
edit on 10/10/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

[

Lets hope that more states follow suite.

And what suite exactly do you want them to follow? The honeymoon suite? The bedroom suite. The world would be a much better place if the states would deny services to people who are too lazy to learn to spell.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This is an EXTREME interpretation of the law which states you shall have no business transactions, essentially put in place to prevent hiring illegals.

As far as I can tell, this only (so far) involves one small town. Allgood, Alabama. (THE IRONY!!!)
Population: A little over 700.
Median Income: $ 29,000 (about)
Average age: 27
Demographics: 52% Hispanic. The rest are mostly white. Seems like African Americans left there a long time ago. Who can blame them.
www.city-data.com...

I doubt very seriously if this hateful action will be implemented statewide, or if so, in small poor towns, like this one.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Why are people comparing illegal immigrants to criminals breaking into your house to steal your stuff etc?

Do only certain people deserve water? No.

Please don't compare people breaking into restaurants to steal the food, because it's not the same.

This is about people who were born in 3rd world countries, with no prospects in their life and their kids would have most likely faced the same realities.

So what did these people do? They decided to come here to the U.S illegally because they don't have the means necessary to apply for citizenship and pay all the dues.

However, they don't come here to "steal" your water, or food or houses. They pay rent just like all of us, they also pay for the food they consume, and pay for their utilities.

So no one is stealing anything from you all.

I beg to differ...

It is stealing. If someone is not an invited guest, then how dare they come inside my home and use my appliances, water, food, and money....

You say that they live in 3rd world countries and want to come here to have a better life for them and their kids?

I say, 'if you live in a 3rd world country in f'd up situations, then why are you reproducing in the 1st place??

And let's be honest here; they reproduce at a rate that is like no other...How rude is it to reproduce out of control, knowing that you cannot adequately take care of all the children, and then constantly look to tax payers to support them all?

Rude.

(I can say the same for chronic welfare recipients, but that's another story for another day)

Point is, they should not be expecting all the benefits that legal citizens have if they are not willing (or able) to become one.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
This is an EXTREME interpretation of the law which states you shall have no business transactions, essentially put in place to prevent hiring illegals.

As far as I can tell, this only (so far) involves one small town. Allgood, Alabama. (THE IRONY!!!)
Population: A little over 700.
Median Income: $ 29,000 (about)
Average age: 27
Demographics: 52% Hispanic. The rest are mostly white. Seems like African Americans left there a long time ago. Who can blame them.
www.city-data.com...

I doubt very seriously if this hateful action will be implemented statewide, or if so, in small poor towns, like this one.

Oh really, so at one point there was a booming African American population and they all left because of these white devils........yet this is the same town where the white percentage decreased and the hispanic percentage increased.............this does not compute- never mind the fact that many of the legal citizens of hispanic origin may well support this law, but that would not fit your prejudice, JUST THE WHITE DEVILS!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
What kind of horrifying monster denies water just because someone is here "illegally"? Sickening behavior for a modern day human.

Good news is a new line of work will show up. Dead illegal immigrant pick up service.

Do it consider utility companies 'monsters' when they turn off your water, lights, and gas services just because you can't pay the bill?

No. You get mad, but you accept it because you understand.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
you know...i'm a convicted felon from nearly 10 years ago. i still can't get food stamps and government aid, even though no one wants to hire a felon in this market. but...someone can come across the border...have lots of sex and get food stamps??? ok...i'm going to mexico...gonna learn to speak spanish...get a tan...and sneak across the border and find some chick who wants to have a child every year so we can get the governemnt to pay all my bills so that i can save all the money i make from working 60 hours a week under the table so that i can have 24 inch rims on my escalade.. i guess i'll have more luck being an illegal alien than an american who made a mistake.
edit on 10/10/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

Exactly!!

Like I stated in my thread about them now being able to get free college tuition, even veterans like me get turned down for assistance in time of need.

It's so pittyful....

And you said a child every year? More like every 9 months.

A

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

[

And what suite exactly do you want them to follow? The honeymoon suite? The bedroom suite. The world would be a much better place if the states would deny services to people who are too lazy to learn to spell.

Lazy is going to a foreign country and expecting them to speak YOUR language.

Lazy is going to a foreign country and demanding rights, even though you came in illegally.

Lazy is having multiple children in order to get welfare, food stamps, and free housing.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is the BEST news I heard all day, I support this 100%
If you aint legal you aint getting ANYTHING, GO HOME

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Next statement is only my opinion.

Some of you call illegals "criminals" and that's fine by definition i guess, but they are only because of their status and not because of their actions like a murderer, thief or rapist. Some label them "criminals" and think they are less than human. This is wrong.

I don't know why people say they are stealing this and that when most of them go to the U.S. to work and for not that much money. They send money back home, yes, but understand that dollars are worth a lot more in 3rd world countries, and whatever they send helps a lot. For example us$1.00 = 35 dominican pesos more or less, with a $100 dollars a month that a relatives sends is a HUGE help. So no they aren't going drain all the money out of the US. And most of the work they do, Americans won't, sooooo.....

Countries like Mexico or Colombia have such huge problems with drugs because there's a huge demand for those drugs in the U.S. The cartels are doing what they're doing to keep America supplied with the drugs they want, plain and simple. So people want to get away from that, can you blame them?

"If they come here legally I have no problem"- a lot of you say. That's BS and you know it. If an immigrant came from Norway or Russia or they weren't you know brown, would you be asking them for their papers when you see them or notice they aren't american...NO. I know this, I am puertorican born and raised, my first language is Spanish and i don't look white but hey hey guess what? I'm an American citizen by birth and so are the 4 million of us living in the States, do we have to be harassed because of the way we look or talk even though we're citizens?

The majority of them would get in legally and pay taxes...if they could. The system is rigged against them. Sometimes their being there is a matter of life or death, would you sit around waiting for a visa when your family is starving or there's a cartel that wants to slave them? No you would be jumping that fence too.

And on a more conspiracy mood...IF, IF(notice they're big ifs) China or Russia or whoever decided to invade the U.S. do you think the Latinamerican countries are going to sit down and watch the show?? H e l l NO. They'll be ready to fight side by side with America to defend our continent. 300 million americans + 380 million latinos armed to the teeth? LOL Bring it China.

Remember: American in spanish is Americano.
Americano means anybody from the American Continent

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I thought the only proof of residence in Alabama was a Dale Earnhardt hat and a lip full of Skoal ??

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

please use your noggin and THINK for a minute about this.
No one is denying water from these illegal immigrants.
They are denying access to city provided utilities.
They are denying public utilities paid by our tax dollar to people who are not citizens, here illegally, and do not pay taxes.
( fake ID's don't count, because obviously the city doesn't know the holders of fake ID's are illegal).

I agree with this.
No one's gonna die, for christ sake.
I bust my hump to pay bills AND taxes... why am I paying for someone who doesn't?

That said, I do feel bad for anyone who struggles to cross our border and ends up in hole like Alabama.
out of the pan ....into the fire.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

[

Lazy is going to a foreign country and expecting them to speak YOUR language.

Lazy is going to a foreign country and demanding rights, even though you came in illegally.

Lazy is having multiple children in order to get welfare, food stamps, and free housing.

True story: While listening to police scanner last Wednesday,approx. 4 p.m, someone called in a 5 yr old little girl walking down a busy street crying. Apparently, bus driver dropped her off at wrong bus stop, because the girl could NOT speak a lick of ENGLISH. Meanwhile, a parent shows up at the school & says his 5 yr. old daughter never got off the bus...He did NOT speak a lick of ENGLISH....long story short, they had to bring in a translator & it was not until 10 p.m. before child & dad could be reunited because neither could speak English..Why send the poor child to an American school when she cannot speak or understand English. The horror of this is, a tragedy may have occurred. The little girl could have been kidnapped. WHY did the parents send this child to school & put her in such a dangerous situation..They could have taught her some English before sending a little 5 year old out into the world...I felt horrible for this poor child, just thinking about her walking down a strange road & crying because she had no idea where she was...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join