It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No papers, no water’: The sign denying basic services to Alabama’s illegal residents.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I sure am going to miss my manslave Paco, he gave the greatest backrubs.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My thought is alabama should cut water off to welfare recipiants,but that would cause a problem because no one that lives there would have any water at all,talk about a drain on the Federal Govt

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I almost want to move to Alabama. This state is now the number 1 state in the country as far as I'm concerned. boo hoo your checking our immigration status. Bastards shouldn't be here anyway. If every state follows Alabama's example the illegals won't have anywhere left to go but back to their own country...or Canada but who wants to go there right? lol

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fuzzy0087

That's what I say too, all States should be as strict as Alabama, otherwise the illegals will just move to another State. Stop the jobs and freebies to illegals ad they will self deport. Some have already!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

If water is a basic human right then you should go to 7-11, grab a big bottle of Aquafina from the cooler and walk out without paying for it. Let me know how that works out for you. Water, food, shelter, jobs, healthcare, or ANY OTHER service or item is not a basic human right as long as another person has to work in order to provide the service or item. If these illegals in Alabama want free water then tell them to pay attention to the weather report, and the next time it calls for rain they can all go outside, look up and open their mouths.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
After reading many of these hateful comments, I have one suggestion for illegals...Do yourself a favor and stay out of the US. The illusion is always bigger than the reality I guess.

And if you ever see a Non-Mexican down there in need of a drink of water, remember this thread and give that person a glass of generosity.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
After reading many of these hateful comments, I have one suggestion for illegals...Do yourself a favor and stay out of the US. The illusion is always bigger than the reality I guess.

And if you ever see a Non-Mexican down there in need of a drink of water, remember this thread and give that person a glass of generosity.

Peace.

You're assuming that these illegals have internet access and are reading this thread. If they can afford internet access then they can afford bottled water. Also, why do you assume that the Alabama law is about Mexicans? It says illegal immigrants, not Mexicans.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Alabama here too, and yes, the law is working. Every junky trailer park in my county emptied out almost over night, and that's the truth. Illegal is illegal, period.

Believe it or not, 'Bama has LEGAL immigrants that are just fine with this law. Illegal isn't a race,after all.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Do any of you actually realize that we took this country by force. Half of my family has been here since 1621 and the other half since 1850, does that make one half better than the other? What the hell is wrong with you people, those of you railing against illegals getting benefits have no freaking idea what it takes to get benefits, and trust me, illegals are not getting them, hell deserving americans cannot get them. Those of you screaming that you are an American, where there hell were your GGParents born, half of mine were born in Germany, most of you have no idea. I know when my family got here, where they came from, and what port they entered at, most of you screaming the loudest, your ancestors probably came here as indentured servants or criminals. Wake up people, folks want to come here, because this is still a great place to live, as long as I don't have to deal with some of the ignorant that freely spout their crap on this site.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
If someone broke into your house and ate your food would you just let it go because they were hungry and it would be inhumane to let them go hungry? I don't get what part of illegal people don't understand. They are not forced to leave their home and go to Alabama by gunpoint therefore its self inflicted.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Digital_Reality because: spelling

Actually, many are somewhat forced to come, when is their cities of origin, be-headings and dead bodies hanging from overpasses is common. Cartels even target schools and kids, which I started a thread on.

Sometimes it simply is survival which causes many to come here.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
All States need to pass similar laws. Our Government needs to stop pandering to the illegals. In regards to having to show papers to prove I am a Citizen, I do not mind it in the least. I would rather go through a little personal inconvenience if it means making those who are breaking the law by being here illegally uncomfortable enough that they want to go home. I live in an area that Illegals are catered to and given every benefit they can get. It is not fair at all. I applaud Alabama for addressing the issue, and for trying to take care of Legal, Taxpaying American Citizens.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
How do you get water turned on without a social security number or ID?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
How do you get water turned on without a social security number or ID?

You can't. Illegal aliens have and will continue to find a way to work the system. It's annoying.

I'm not for making people go without clean water though. Especially if their kids are American citizens.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I am in a mood to write a really ugly comment, because there are some on this site that are truly ignorant of basic United States history, the scariest part of this, is that they are the ones screaming the loudest about immigration. To those of you screaming, do you realize there are people holding land in Colorado, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California on spanish land grants dating back to the 1700's, how long have you been here?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inconceivable
All States need to pass similar laws. Our Government needs to stop pandering to the illegals. In regards to having to show papers to prove I am a Citizen, I do not mind it in the least. I would rather go through a little personal inconvenience if it means making those who are breaking the law by being here illegally uncomfortable enough that they want to go home. I live in an area that Illegals are catered to and given every benefit they can get. It is not fair at all. I applaud Alabama for addressing the issue, and for trying to take care of Legal, Taxpaying American Citizens.

I agree with you on the fact that illegals shouldn't be pandered to but let me ask, are you Hispanic? I can't imagine meeting someone that is willing to be profiled by the police.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
If someone broke into your house and ate your food would you just let it go because they were hungry and it would be inhumane to let them go hungry?

Oddly enough, yeah I would. I'm pretty much as anti-illegal immigrant as they come, but if someone broke into my house and only took food, I'd let them go. If they took my Star Trek or Dr. Doom collectibles , I'd have shoot their dumb ass. Maybe that's just me.

Anyway, one question I have about this. Why does the "state" control the water?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
reply to post by fuzzy0087

That's what I say too, all States should be as strict as Alabama, otherwise the illegals will just move to another State. Stop the jobs and freebies to illegals ad they will self deport. Some have already!

What jobs are they taking? Do you think that an unemployed college grad is going to pick fruit?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This law doesn't really surprise me, after all...it's Alabama we're talking about here.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
When you visit another country it's okay to share their water. However when you "sneak in" you should be a fugitive of the law, and denied water.
Let's face it, we aren't talking about German people here, we are talking about millions and millions of mexicans coming here taking our jobs (they took our jobs!-S.P.), send their money back home, don't shop in our stores (they go to supermarcados) and so on. They contribute nothing to the local or state government including 0 tax dollars, so they don't help rebuild this country. They are destroying it without helping rebuild it.

My family came here from Sicily 50 years ago. We have all paid taxes and help build this country-because they came here legal!

So, sorry but it's a crappy world.

I would give them a glass of water if they were thirsty-don't get me wrong.

If you want to enjoy America then come here like everyone else-get a frikin green card already.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

An influx of jobs in construction and lawncare?
And only so few are qualified...mostly men. How 'bout bringing jobs that are going overseas back to America? Why not focus on that? So much backwards thinking here on ATS.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join